• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, you guys are buying all your Steam stuff with those $6 cards eh?

paid for my battleblock theatre
330x192

Damn, 6 different phones?

I lost my job two weeks ago so I have nothing but time on my hands now. Plus this was the only way for me to justify getting anything during the sale. So I used mine and some friends to do it for me.

Are you updating your CC info or just adding funds to your wallet? I've successfully added funds twice from the m&m thing.

Updating the info. They have different numbers as well as CCVs.

Jeremy

The community picks the wrong pack like clockwork. You can bet on it.

Seems like it's always four decent games vs. one very good game and three shit games, and the latter is guaranteed to win. I have a feeling the RPG is going to win this time though, which I have no qualms with.

If people can get on the same page for the point adventure, can't fathom how they can't for the community vote, yea I'm salty right now

Pachimari

And got my Pro Evolution Soccer 2014.

Now I have a singleplayer football game (besides FM2014) on PC, and my online addiction in FIFA 14 on PS4.

I'll probably end my spending spree with Dishonored and Metro 2033: Redux.

Jeremy

I see a lot of people saying "We don't give a fuck what you bought." but reading what other people are buying has given me more reason to check out and ultimately buy things I would have never heard of.

When I saw Divinity the first day I didn't think anything of it, just sounded and looked like some typical RPG throwback so I wrote it off and didn't even check it out. When I saw people saying to get it and discussing that they got it I did more research and it looks amazing and I'm so glad I bought it.

GAF, don't dick around now... I already got Civ V for £5 from Gamersgate the other week. Yes, I can get the DLC for cheap most likely if it wins the vote, but I am happy enough playing the Vanilla right now.

I came to this sale for Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and all their DLC. I've spent a fuck tonne in between waiting for them to hit the flash or daily. Kindly vote the set with New Vegas in please.

Yes, everyone should vote because of this post. I am the only one that needs to be considered!

Thanks!

Pachimari

I see a lot of people saying "We don't give a fuck what you bought." but reading what other people are buying has given me more reason to check out and ultimately buy things I would have never heard of.

When I saw Divinity the first day I didn't think anything of it, just sounded and looked like some typical RPG throwback so I wrote it off and didn't even check it out. When I saw people saying to get it and discussing that they got it I did more research and it looks amazing and I'm so glad I bought it.

Same here. It went straight to #3 on my Wishlist when the sales started.

Did you unfriend me or something?
No, why would I do that?
But I deleted the friend request to that other "someguyinahat" user which you said you aren't.

EDIT: Ha, now I get it. Cause I said I have no friends. I meant real-life, 3d, smelly friends :)
Also, I only have 5 Steam friends so far. So, if I were to unfriend you, I'd loose 20% of all my friends. lol

dot

Alright, gonna stop the gif war now. I think we annoyed enough people, Saj. :p

So tomorrow is the blue day, right? Right?

Who am I kidding, it will never be blue day.

:(

Have any fighting games besides Skullgirls been a flash/daily deal yet?

Turfster

There's a difference between buzz generated around a game currently on sale, like in Divinity's case, and just a list of stuff someone bought over the course of 4 days, with no extra information

mannerbot

Yeah. These would be my 5th and 6th ones though. Today. So I'm not sure if there's a limit on the amount of times you can update your CC info with Steam. Some sort of security measure I would imagine.

Is there stuff you want right now? I have some Steam wallet right now and I could buy it for you in exchange for the cards if you like.

Jeremy

There's a difference about buzz generated around a game currently on sale, like in Divinity's case, and just a list of stuff someone bought over the course of 4 days, with no extra information

Idk... Maybe it's just something that you lose interest in over time. This is the first Steam sale I've participated in and I like reading what other people are buying for the reason above. Wasn't just Divinity, I have a whole new wish list based on these lists alone.

Which Divinity are you talking about?

I picked up Divinity 2 Developer's Cut and it's definitely worth the $4 I spent. I like the zippy controls and the quirky dialogue.

Well, unbelievably, this is the first flash/community cycle where I want absolutely nothing, with zero temptation. And am I glad after racking up a total of $270 of purchases since the sale began, on the last flash/community cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom