• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, though I suck at it I looooove Spelunky. Own it on many platforms (Steam, GOG, XBLA, PS3, PSV). Love it on them all (each has its advantages).

I know this sounds crazy, but if I were rich I'd make a cabinet dedicated to that game.

Tellaerin

I see a lot of people saying "We don't give a fuck what you bought." but reading what other people are buying has given me more reason to check out and ultimately buy things I would have never heard of.

It's always nice hearing what people picked up, but what I really enjoy reading are the impressions. Stuff like Toma's posts are great.

EDIT: Also a way for you to realize whether or not you're in luck. Getting placed on Blue Team like me probably means you're not.

With a name like "Blue-kun", I think that was kind of to be expected. >.>

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, people in here who know about this whole key trading business. I'm on a limited budget and looking to get Broforce and Mercenary Kings on the cheap (my entire budget is basically coming from trading card sales and Mars money). Would key trading be a better alternative to the current sale prices?

Salsa

Alright, people in here who know about this whole key trading business. I'm on a limited budget and looking to get Broforce and Mercenary Kings on the cheap (my entire budget is basically coming from trading card sales and Mars money). Would key trading be a better alternative to the current sale prices?

ibcjmupyJN7Qy1.gif

Jeremy

Hey guys, so many of you are using modbot for your raffles and I think that's wonderful. I have personally benefited from this service, so keep it up.

At the same time, can I make a suggestion?

Find someone on your friends list, anyone, and just send them a $5 game that's on their wish list.

It will give you such a good feeling. Try it.

I plan on doing this with some friends. I was hoping the GOTY edition of BL2 would let me gift the original or new copy to a friend but it didn't. I just am not sure what to buy these people at the same time.

spelunky is awesome but I really suck at it, I've invested a lot of time on the vita version and I've only gotten to the ice world twice and died at the first stage of it. :( jungle area is frustrating yo. Still recommend it, really like that game a lot. If you have a vita though I'd recommend getting it on that instead, really suited towards the pick up and play nature that the vita provides. When I play I normally just have 15-30 minute sessions.

Hello again! Could you please give me some opinions about borderlands 2? I really want to get it, but I read that it's not that good, should I pick it or just wait for something else?

Blue-kun

With a name like "Blue-kun", I think that was kind of to be expected. >.>

You do have a point in that at first I was rather happy, or at least amused by it, but unfortunately Team Blue has not been living up to expectations.

All bets on Blue Monday happening, though!

koolaroo said:
Everyone should play Spelunky! (hope I did this right)]

Guess I'll try for this! Never played it, but I'm very curious about the game and a friend loves it, so why not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did she also tell you she's a she?

How else would he get new users to send him gifts. It's a known scientific fact that if you are a girl on the internet people will shower you with gifts

Hello again! Could you please give me some opinions about borderlands 2? I really want to get it, but I read that it's not that good, should I pick it or just wait for something else?

Did you like Borderlands 1? If so its more of the same but improved and I personally enjoyed every minute of it. If you didn't like BL1 then you won't like BL2.

Turfster

Do you like shooting the same enemies for hours on end, watching them drop guns that are pretty much the same or worse than the guns you're already using? Looting endless toilets and shitpiles for the same crappy guns? Enemies that only get "harder" by taking more bullets to kill?
Then Blands is for you!

Jeremy

Did you like Borderlands 1? If so its more of the same but improved and I personally enjoyed every minute of it. If you didn't like BL1 then you won't like BL2.

I enjoyed Borderlands up until the last fight, which completely ruined the game for me and has sort of prevented me from playing 2. I did buy it today but still don't see me playing in the immediate future.

denx

GAF, don't dick around now... I already got Civ V for £5 from Gamersgate the other week. Yes, I can get the DLC for cheap most likely if it wins the vote, but I am happy enough playing the Vanilla right now.

I came to this sale for Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and all their DLC. I've spent a fuck tonne in between waiting for them to hit the flash or daily. Kindly vote the set with New Vegas in please.

Yes, everyone should vote because of this post. I am the only one that needs to be considered!

Thanks!

bit of a late reply with the speed this thread is moving, but Civ 5 without the two big expansions (Gods and Kings + Brave New World) can be pretty barebones. If you're gonna play Civ 5, at least pick one of the expansions.

Got a Skyrim foil - might save up for the badge.

But that $0.85 cents, though...

I've spent the last hour rifling through the Borderlands 2 DLC - picked up all the Headhunter packs, UVHP2 and a couple of skin packs. Think I'm set.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
waitforthedailies.gif

See, I know this, but there's a couple things.

1. Broforce is only 20% off, and when it was in the (losing) category for a community vote, the discount only jumped up to 30% off. Which still had it going at over $10. It's obvious the Broforce devs aren't looking to sell it that cheap, so I'd like to see if I can find a trader I can get it from for less than that (4 keys, I guess?).

2. Merc Kings is kinda the same thing. I feel like I could get it for less via trading than it would be if it were a daily/flash. But I'm not entirely sure.

I don't know. I think I'm just tired of this sale stuff already and just want to get the last few games I want and be done with it.

Team pink wtf.
Still haven't crafted a badge...probably never will.

EDIT: Hopefully Killer is Dead gets a better sale. That and Dark Souls 2 are the only games on my wishlist.

hitmon

Voted for FFVII. Got back today and missed out on it because I forgot about it.

That blue team just chugging along like its a marathon.

So the general idea is that it's a good shooter then? A friend told me that the coop thingy was awesome and that's why I wanted to try it, but if it's nothing but shoot the target I'm not so sure anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom