• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaroo

Am I wrong in thinking Planetary Annihilation's art style sucks? I've wanted to get it for a couple months now but I'm just not totally sold on it for some reason.

Yeah I really don't like the art style, too I dunno square?

If you can get over the fact that it's a bit ugly and not complete yet the game has some amazing potential for greatness.
A. the playing field is a sphere which means everything you know about RTS defense is now wrong. No more backing into a corner and turtling seeing as there are no corners.
B. matches are played on multiple planets/moons which leads to some really interesting interplanetary warfare.
C. the way the economy works is really interesting. Each economy building you create increases your stream of resources, when your workers build units or buildings it decreases your stream of resources per worker building.
D. You can crash moons into planets

Overall I think it's worth 17 dollars even though it's not complete yet (though it's getting close).
Edit: and I forgot no unit cap. (or so high it doesn't matter)

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Bad? No. I've hard great things about the dev commentary.

Though I own the originals on Steam and I'm seeing a "discounted" price of $10. The game usually goes for $5 if you own the original and the DLC. Not much of a sale.

Yeah I remember seeing the discount for $5 because I owned the original copy. Now I see the game under the voting for $5, so it just reminded me that perhaps I do want to double dip this game, because I heard the extra features were kinda neat.

Is Steam bugged?

I'm trying to sell a card, but when I look in the selling items list, there is an option to buy the card that I'm selling...

This is not right, I should see an option do delete the card, not buy it.

derExperte

Is Steam bugged?

I'm trying to sell a card, but when I look in the selling items list, there is an option to buy the card that I'm selling...

Happens when the load is too heavy. Some items I tried to sell never showed up on the market at all.

Pachimari

Okay, PES 2014 is actually pretty great on PC. But the framerate dips or lag is bothering, and I don't think anything can be done about it. Animations are great but I gotta figure out, how I can play it in full-screen mode. I tried ALT+F3 but that didn't work.

denx

Is Steam bugged?

Go to the market main page and delete your listing from there.

Man, Planetary Annihilation is stressful. The scale makes it so that you're watching so many different things at once across such vast spaces that it becomes exhausting. Of course the complete lack of any kind of useful tutorial doesn't help :D Game seems neat though, looking forward to spending more than 30 minutes with it later this week. Definitely going to watch some videos that detail how it all works a bit better. Couldn't get any of my units into the orbital, lol.

And I like the art style, nice detail on the planets although the units can be a bit simple. Suppose they have to keep some things dialed down given you're crashing moons with thousands of units into planets with thousands of units.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's all you can say!

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir
getchigetchiyaya.gif

That's all I got...

I've been eyeing the game but GAF is kinda putting me off about it. Not saying that's a bad/good thing but it doesn't seem to have a ringing endorsement.

I really anticipated enjoying Borderlands 2. I enjoy loot games, even just as a way to relax in single player. But its weird combo of clunky, slow-paced Serious Sam antics and bullet-sponge enemies really wore me down. Plus the humor just seemed to miss me entirely.

EDIT: I've still got Desura keys for early Humble Bundles if anyone wants them.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
And the next morn, you woke up in a tub full of ice and all your games were gone and also your kidney.

All my 3DS games are gone. She left a note saying that the other games were not worthy of her attention. Also she was kind enough to leave a note and a cellphone to call the nearest hospital. So evil yet so kind at the same time.

Yeah I really don't like the art style, too I dunno square?

If you can get over the fact that it's a bit ugly and not complete yet the game has some amazing potential for greatness.
A. the playing field is a sphere which means everything you know about RTS defense is now wrong. No more backing into a corner and turtling seeing as there are no corners.
B. matches are played on multiple planets/moons which leads to some really interesting interplanetary warfare.
C. the way the economy works is really interesting. Each economy building you create increases your stream of resources, when your workers build units or buildings it decreases your stream of resources per worker building.
D. You can crash moons into planets.

Overall I think it's worth 17 dollars even though it's not complete yet (though it's getting close).

Thanks for the rundown, appreciated. I'm going to hold for now, play it when it comes out of ea.

valeo

Played Borderlands 2 with my brother on and off for months - had tonnes of fun, and I didn't like Borderlands 1. Was far easier multi-co-op wise in BL2; made me warm up to it.

GAF is overstating the problems, as per usual.

Played Borderlands 2 with my brother on and off for months - had tonnes of fun, and I didn't like Borderlands 1. Was far easier multi-co-op wise in BL2; made me warm up to it.

GAF is overstating the problems, as per usual.

I played solo about 100 hours and loved it, to each their own.

iosefe

I bought dino horde for $0.99 once.

I definitely got my money's worth, i actually look forward to V3 to see what changes

Regiruler

If I stop now (or just return the favor my friend did and get him a gift as well), then I should still be under $10. I can stop. I can stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom