• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotos

Posted this awhile back but people have already bought some so I'll post it again.

I said this in the Buy/sell/trade thread but I think it fits in here. If it doesn't just tell me.

I have over $36 on steam so I'll buy you anything for a discount.

So if you wanna get a set of games that equal around $35 you only have to pay $30

I take PayPal if that's cool

I would really appreciate it. I'm just trying to get my steam money to actual money.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok every elfen lied gif i record i have to delete cos i think it might get me banned

it's like everyone is naked every time there's good gif potential

She's dating a grammy award winning musician.
yea i saw the picture

it's no beyonce

Did she also tell you she's a she?

that's just common knowledge

She seduces men to get games. She confessed this to me last night under the moonlight as we were eating berries and cream.

and u didn't invite me!?

gorfyako

Banned
Bought Arkham Origins today. Tried playing on my tv and it runs at 6fps. Tried it on PC monitor and it runs at 60fps.

What the fuck is the deal with that?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So the general idea is that it's a good shooter then? A friend told me that the coop thingy was awesome and that's why I wanted to try it, but if it's nothing but shoot the target I'm not so sure anymore...

It's not just a shooter. There's plenty of questing, loot, and skills. There's quirky humor and narrative. Co-op is very fun. If a friend wants to play it with you, you should just get it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
and u didn't invite me!?
My dear Zkylon, my moon river you deserve much more than berries and cream under the moonlight. You deserve Pizza Dinner and Milkshake under the moonlight with music by Lana Del Rey on the background as we discuss the finer things in life. You are too precious to me like 3DS games mean a lot to Salsa chan.

Am I wrong in thinking Planetary Annihilation's art style sucks? I've wanted to get it for a couple months now but I'm just not totally sold on it for some reason.

Hmm, I think I'll give it a try, guess for 5 bucks it's worth a shot, thanks for all the replies btw, also, boy does this thread grow fast.

gorfyako

Banned
I've ran into soo many problems with this game, I'm not suprised to hear this.

Annoying as I had basically the same problem with L.A. Noire the other day, though at least with L.A. Noire, I saw that others had the same problem. I don't see that with Arkham Origins. Really fucking annoyed.

rtcn63

I'm convinced I'm the only one who really liked Borderlands 2.

I too partake in the Borderlands enjoyment. Once again, the gameplay is more geared towards people familiar with loot-based bullshit as in Diablo/Torchlight/etc. It's still not spectacular in that respect, but it doesn't fail miserably either.

Tellaerin

Hm?
I just got a lot of people in steamgroups asking for games like that during the sale.

Nah, man, I meant the "any chance of __________ going lower?" question. The answer to that is always going to be, "Wait for the dailies" (and/or flash sales - I seem to remember something that was 75% off going down to 85% once after I bought it, which left me kicking myself.) There's always a chance, no matter how unlikely. And it
usually
doesn't hurt to wait.

Nah, man, I meant the "any chance of __________ going lower?" question. The answer to that is always going to be, "Wait for the dailies" (and/or flash sales - I seem to remember something that was 75% off going down to 85% once after I bought it, which left me kicking myself.) There's always a chance, no matter how unlikely. And it
usually
doesn't hurt to wait.

Oh. Yeah. I know. But maybe the dev or pub posted/hinted something at twitter about that.

Deitus

I too partake in the Borderlands enjoyment. Once again, the gameplay is more geared towards people familiar with loot-based bullshit as in Diablo/Torchlight/etc. It's still not spectacular in that respect, but it doesn't fail miserably either.

It was still a better loot game than Diablo 3 vanilla. Not that that's a high bar.

HoJu

How's battleblock theater? Is GAF enjoying it any?

the intro is worth the $3.74.
just buy it, dude.

it seems like a competent enough platformer. a bit simple, but i've only played the first act or so. if you played behemoth's previous games and liked their humor, then go for it. and it's $3.74.

three dollars and seventy-four cents. don't think, just buy.

derExperte

Sometimes we still have tweets from devs/pubs or NeoGAF posts from devs/pubs about that.

Even if they submitted a price for when the game becomes a daily/flash they don't know if it will happen, the ball is 100% in Valve's court. And KiD is from a big publisher, no chance they'll say anything anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
My dear Zkylon, my moon river you deserve much more than berries and cream under the moonlight. You deserve Pizza Dinner and Milkshake under the moonlight with music by Lana Del Rey on the background as we discuss the finer things in life. You are too precious to me like 3DS games mean a lot to Salsa chan.
ok now i'm blushing

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Is it bad that I want Deus EX: HR Directors Cut, even though I already own the original version? I was so close to getting all the achievements on that copy too, but foxiest of the hounds was buggy. :/

Salsa

I made this
or rather put the logo on Last Baron's
and it's the only thing making me wanna play the game

0r3urbf.png

Even if they submitted a price for when the game becomes a daily/flash they don't know if it will happen, the ball is 100% in Valve's court. And KiD is from a big publisher, no chance they'll say anything anyway.

Oh. Really? I always thought they would get informed about such thing. Seems I was wrong.

AHA-Lambda

the intro is worth the $3.74.
just buy it, dude.

it seems like a competent enough platformer. a bit simple, but i've only played the first act or so. if you played behemoth's previous games and liked their humor, then go for it. and it's $3.74.

three dollars and seventy-four cents. don't think, just buy.

But, but the backlogs!

Is it bad that I want Deus EX: HR Directors Cut, even though I already own the original version? I was so close to getting all the achievements on that copy too, but foxiest of the hounds was buggy. :/

Bad? No. I've hard great things about the dev commentary.

Though I own the originals on Steam and I'm seeing a "discounted" price of $10. The game usually goes for $5 if you own the original and the DLC. Not much of a sale.

denx

So the general idea is that it's a good shooter then? A friend told me that the coop thingy was awesome and that's why I wanted to try it, but if it's nothing but shoot the target I'm not so sure anymore...

Can't speak about BL2 since I haven't played, but BL1 had monotonous/repetitive quest design that eventually got unbearable, randomized weapons that aren't that different from each other, and enemies that get progresively more bullet spongy. It was fun for like the first five hours but after that it became a tedious slog. Not even coop could save the game for me.

I hear BL2 is just more of the same. If that's the case, I wouldn't recommend it. (there's also the fact that the writing is pretty divisive with people and the amount of DLC the game has is insane)

KarmaCow

I don't know if they patched it but the DC is based on an older build of the game compared to the current non-DC version.

Still the DC is worth it for the commentary. They (the lead writer, art director, director and others sprinkled in) really talk about the development of the game, warts and all. It's very frank and they don't shy away from talking about what they think they missed the mark on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom