• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambition

If you're getting errors with the cards, try adding the card to paypal and using paypal to add the funds. I just won twice with my phone and my sister's phone, the first one worked fine but the second kept throwing errors at me.

Added the second to paypal and it worked fine that way.

Come on Dishonored!

Thank you i'll try that :)

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Pink team, we've done well today. I crafted a badge in the slim homes that I get my wish list. Good work all:)

iosefe

Kentucky Route...nope
Killer is...nope

KSP?

showposter.jpg

kudoboi

Just woke up. About this mastercard thing, is it only for America? Would it work from Singapore? And is the number toll free?

rpmboy

What's better, Max Payne 3 or Tomb Raider?

I can't pick one. I think both are great, I had immense fun with both.

Warning: I never played MP1/2 or earlier Tomb Raiders. People say MP3 is terrible in comparison to earlier ones, but I wouldn't know.

Anustart

I can't pick one. I think both are great, I had immense fun with both.

Warning: I never played MP1/2 or earlier Tomb Raiders. People say MP3 is terrible in comparison to earlier ones, but I wouldn't know.

I've also never played a Max Payne or Tomb Raider.

Two very different games, but both (for better or worse) boil down to being about shooting.

The shooting in Max Payne is much better, but the game's physics affect the player character. You have to be careful where you and how you dive during shootouts. It leads to really exciting shootouts because of how well enemies aim. It can be an acquired taste, but it's good. The cutscenes are far too frequent though, and many are unskippable. Sometimes they're cool when they lead straight into an action-packed gameplay moment, other times they just get in the way, especially if you want to replay it.

Tomb Raider is very loosely a Metroid-like game. The shooting is more like Uncharted, but with some more melee options. You regenerate health, and there are distinct melee/shooting enemy types. The survival stuff is all optional, same with most actual tombs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they are completely different games. If you ask me which I prefered after finishing both, then its easily Tomb Raider

gorfyako

Banned
Arkham Origins was a real jerk on my tv, so I played some more Blackgate. Pretty damn solid so far. It's basically a 2D (2.5D) Arkham game.

Turfster

Just woke up. About this mastercard thing, is it only for America? Would it work from Singapore? And is the number toll free?

US only.

Edit: Bah, I really want The Wolf Among Us, but alas my 6.52 is just shy :(

Fuck Max Payne 3, the wannabe rehash of the Man on Fire movie with crappy 10 second shooty bits between cutscenes.
Tomb Raider is the better game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arkham Origins was a real jerk on my tv, so I played some more Blackgate. Pretty damn solid so far. It's basically a 2D (2.5D) Arkham game.

salsa is going to fuck you UP

Sera O

Banned
Guys, is there a way to remove an unclaimed key from a raffle? I'd like to just give the remaining key for Bastion to SEGIII if no one meeting the rules wants it, but even if I just edit that line out of my original post I am not sure I can differentiate between the two Bastion keys. Modbot reordered the list in my PM, and one of the Bastion copies has been claimed.

SugarDave

I've also never played a Max Payne or Tomb Raider.

MP3 has better gunplay but is littered with cutscenes if that kind of thing annoys you. Tomb Raider has more content and is pretty much a more open-ended Uncharted (without the good characters). I found MP3 more fun but I liked them both.

The Max Payne pack containing all three games is 80% off now, that's a great buy if it doesn't end up in a daily/flash.

Rhaknar

Guys, is there a way to remove an unclaimed key from a raffle? I'd like to just give the remaining key for Bastion to SEGIII if no one meeting the rules wants it, but even if I just edit that line out of my original post I am not sure I can differentiate between the two Bastion keys. Modbot reordered the list in my PM, and one of the Bastion copies has been claimed.

why doesnt he just pm modbot for it?

Turfster

Read the modbot thread section (linked in the op) about nuking keys.

Ambition

If you're getting errors with the cards, try adding the card to paypal and using paypal to add the funds. I just won twice with my phone and my sister's phone, the first one worked fine but the second kept throwing errors at me.

Added the second to paypal and it worked fine that way.

Come on Dishonored!

It actually worked, thank you SO MUCH!!
Wolf among us here I comeeeeee

Fuck Max Payne 3, the wannabe rehash of the Man on Fire movie with crappy 10 second shooty bits between cutscenes.
Tomb Raider is the better game.

One game ended up being what the developers set out to make, the other fell victim to "interesting dev idea focus-tested into oblivion".

One game actually plays remotely like previous games in its series and could be placed in the same genre as them. The other does not

One game has gameplay that — no matter how much of an acquired taste it may be — isn't bland filler pap and it actually exciting. The other game treats its combat (which makes up approx. 70 percent of the gameplay) as if it were filler meant to pad out the game.

TR is the latter in each

Darkroronoa

Is battleblock theater as good as people saying?
Is it good good if you play solo? And can you play co-op with random strangers?

And what is going on with the losing teams yestarday and today being so close together D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom