• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

A dude on a car pulled a gun on me yesterday and I feel strangely uneventful about it. He just stopped as if asking for directions and when I got near he pulled a gun on my chest/shoulder and told me to run away so I did. was drunk and lost in a shitty part of town and I ended up spending a lot of money on a cab to get to this party I was going to, and just forgot about it. I feel like I got cheated out of some newfound love for being alive or something that just aint happening? It's weird that I let it go so easily but I guess I was drunk

I guess what im trying to say is: im gonna play The Stanley Parable

Brites

Neo Member
A dude on a car pulled a gun on me yesterday and I feel strangely uneventful about it. He just stopped as if asking for directions and when I got near he pulled a gun on my chest/shoulder and told me to run away so I did. was drunk and lost in a shitty part of town and I ended up spending a lot of money on a cab to get to this party I was going to, and just forgot about it. I feel like I got cheated out of some newfound love for being alive or something that just aint happening?

Dude, my house was robbed once, there was only me and my 4yo sister in the house, and they held us there from 8pm to 4am. To day after i felt just like you are describing. "Uneventful".

zkylon

zkylewd
A dude on a car pulled a gun on me yesterday and I feel strangely uneventful about it. He just stopped as if asking for directions and when I got near he pulled a gun on my chest/shoulder and told me to run away so I did. was drunk and lost in a shitty part of town and I ended up spending a lot of money on a cab to get to this party I was going to, and just forgot about it. I feel like I got cheated out of some newfound love for being alive or something that just aint happening? It's weird that I let it go so easily but I guess I was drunk

dam didn't know they had crime in uruguay

since we're trading stories i was in a sort of a mild hostage situation once at my old work and some people from my office got beat up. it was pretty scary, like some cops without uniforms climbed down the ladder leading to the rooftop and i nearly get a heart attack when i saw them with the guns

fucking cops man were scarier than the robbers

SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(Today, 12:10 AM)

Seriously, though, I hope you're doing alright in your area. That one time I was in Fort Worth at night...phew!

Sarquiss_

Guys is the DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning worth buying? Deciding on whether to just buy the base game or get the package.

Cheers

Khronico

Just to update the aoe2hd thoughts:

Overall I'm really enjoying it both as a nostalgia trip and a good game. The mechanics haven't changed at all as far as I can tell, so nothing to say on that front other than it's one of the best RTSs ever made.

The upres job looks great on modern systems, and the new graphical features are nice for those who want an even prettier game. Even without the high resolution it was a great looking game, so the modern update makes it look even nicer.

The ai seems to be far more aggressive than I remember... I saw that they updated it in a recent patch, so that is probably why. It's definitely a challenging experience even on normal sometimes.

In conclusion it's an amazing game made more amazing through the Hd-ification. 10/10 would buy again.

Pachimari

I really don't understand.

PES 2014 is starting up in windowed mode and it looks pixelated. How can I make it full-screen and change the resolution? There's nothing in the game's options menu. =/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How would i go about buying a game on steam for a giveaway? I don't seem to get a key when buying as a gift.

Send it to yourself via email and copy the redeemable link (Do not open it) and instead of putting the key paste that link where the key would normally go. I think you can remove your email from the link but not sure as I dont remove mine anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How would i go about buying a game on steam for a giveaway? I don't seem to get a key when buying as a gift.

send the gift via email to yourself, and then post the link you get on modbot as if it was a key

edit: beaten like Portugal's chances in the world cup

Knurek

I really don't understand.

PES 2014 is starting up in windowed mode and it looks pixelated. How can I make it full-screen and change the resolution? There's nothing in the game's options menu. =/

There should be a config utility in the game directory, use that.

Salsa

that alt+enter comments reminds me i've been using a keyboard with a broken ALT key for over a year now

each time I have to write my email I search for "at symbol" in google and copy/paste

welcome to my nightmare

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I've had a gun pulled on me a couple times in my life. It's only really scary the first time ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

At least you got away alright, though it sucks to hear that it happened in the first place.

Salsa

I've had a gun pulled on me a couple times in my life. It's only really scary the first time ;)

It's not the first time for me either but honestly the most random one. dude seemed normal and he didnt try to rob me or anything, just being a god damn asshole I guess.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just an inconvenience every time after that?

Well, not exactly. But (at least for me) I only had that "new lease on life" feeling after the first time. Then again, I was 7.

that alt+enter comments reminds me i've been using a keyboard with a broken ALT key for over a year now

each time I have to write my email I search for "at symbol" in google and copy/paste

welcome to my nightmare

Can you save a notepad.txt to your desktop with your email address on it? And maybe other ALT+characters as well?

Tellaerin

welcome to my nightmare

Can't you get like a cheapo USB keyboard or something? : /

zychi

Banned
So lost planet 3, worth me adding more funda to my steam wallet for that flash sale price?

I feel like this is the 5th time or so ive asked about a lost planet game in the past week

Koh

Steam finally got me pulled into the badge meta game with this sale. Being on pink team, I needed to contribute at least a point in hopes of the wishlist win.

Upon crafting my first badge, I received a foil summer sale card. I felt like I hit the jackpot (sad right?). I might be hooked.

I'm not sure if I can resist pulling that lever again...

Anyone here have good things to say about Salvation Prophecy? It's got that appeal where I can upgrade my ship from fighter to battleship, and it has ground combat to boot and all that. The only question I have is, is the game worth getting?

SZGF- It should. I don't see why it wouldn't support that kind of 2 player setup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam finally got me pulled into the badge meta game with this sale. Being on pink team, I needed to contribute at least a point in hopes of the wishlist win.

Upon crafting my first badge, I received a foil summer sale card. I felt like I hit the jackpot (sad right?). I might be hooked.

I'm not sure if I can resist pulling that lever again...

i made the summer badge (because i have every sale badge I participated in so why not) yesterday when green won, got fuck all and wont craft anything else this sale. fuck THAT

unless green wins again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom