• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 520 games and scrolling through them is really starting to be a hassle. Not to mention my friend that I family share with has 700 of his own, around 300 of which I don't own.

Ezalc

Alright, SteamGAF. Broforce vs Mercenary Kings. Thoughts?

Two completely different games man. Broforce is more arcadey, just a run and gun type of thing, but it's ridiculous fun and the gameplay is really good. The visuals and the bros are all amazing and it's still in early access so it's getting updated like monthly I believe with new bros.

Mercenary Kings is much slower and looks more like Metal Slug. The visuals are gorgeous, but the game is usually taken at a slower pace and isn't as frantic as Broforce. Also there's a lot of weapons and customization, you kind of have to grind to be able to get the necessary things you need to make new weapons. The game is still fun though, but like I said completely different experience. Both are fun to play in co-op, but only Broforce I believe has community levels so that can add to replay value. Also Mercenary Kings I believe is out of early access so I don't know what they're going to do from here on out.

Blizzard

Banned
Is it me or did steam get rid of the store button on the community hub pages?
Apparently it's still there in Chrome, but gone in Firefox and in the Steam client itself. It makes it really annoying to quickly check out a game's store page if you see a friend playing it. I wish they had just kept the old right click, view store page option. I pretty much NEVER want to go to the hub (and potentially see game spoiler screenshots), and even if I do, I can get there from the store page instead of the other way around.

It's crazy since it makes it less easy to throw money at Valve, the opposite of what they presumably want.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I have 520 games and scrolling through them is really starting to be a hassle. Not to mention my friend that I family share with has 700 of his own, around 300 of which I don't own.

I really do wish I could just nuke games sometimes. Or at least move them into an "archive" that's completely hidden. As it is now I just use the "favourites" list, but really, some games I have I'm never touching.

Danj

Bit late I know, but to the guy who asked about Wolf Among Us at the end of the last thread - I picked it up in the sale and burned through episode 1 last night. I was up late playing it. So good.

Just be aware though, not all the episodes are out yet, episode 5 isn't due out till Q3 2014, so expect cliffhangers if you blow through what's available right now.

mannerbot

I really do wish I could just nuke games sometimes. Or at least move them into an "archive" that's completely hidden. As it is now I just use the "favourites" list, but really, some games I have I'm never touching.

Just make a new category zzzzzzzzzzz and put all the games you don't want in there.

Skyzard

Banned
Duke Nukem Forever
Hitman Absolution
Modern Warfare 2
Resident Evil 6
Medal of Honor

There's a few.

I wanted to see Resident Evil 6 for myself and a few people said it had a decent mode. With Hitman Absolution, the trailer got me but I've yet to play either.

Love the other two online. DNF is Duke.

Frologic

Guys, Lost Planet 3 Flash sale...but the game sucks apparently. Buy it anyways for a joke?

LP3 isn't really a game I'd buy as a joke. Bad Rats, The Graveyard, Secret of the Magic Crystals maybe but 12.50 is an expensive joke. Also, the game isn't really bad from what I've heard.

Sera O

Banned
Bit late I know, but to the guy who asked about Wolf Among Us at the end of the last thread - I picked it up in the sale and burned through episode 1 last night. I was up late playing it. So good.

Just be aware though, not all the episodes are out yet, episode 5 isn't due out till Q3 2014, so expect cliffhangers if you blow through what's available right now.

Yeah, it's the 'to be continued' factor as well as my tendency to just sit on games for months that make me think I should just wait for the winter sale. It looks really cool though.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So you're reminded of them all the time?

:mad:

Exactly.

The thing is that the "all games" shows installed, favs, not installed, AND "zzzzzzzzz". Sometimes I'd like the be able to see all the games I have in all categories at once without tabs, but minus the games that are genuine wastes of space.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard reset extended edition -- MB-EECE2145A1E96D7E - Taken by PinkCrayon. 8 entrants total.
Combat wings: battle of britain -- MB-CFCAB537BB744462 - Taken by Frank Jaeger. 1 entrants total.
Tropico trilogy -- MB-2004C5734758B527 - Taken by skullmuffins. 7 entrants total.

t1403514762z1.png

Here are some extras from the reboot bundle 4.0 which can be found over at Bundlestars which if you're interested includes the above 3 plus Inquisitor ( comes with the Toma seal of approval), Zeno clash 2 and The first templar.

Mono

same thing *sigh*

If I add the CC# with no spaces it just gives an error

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. :/ Sucks.

Edit: Scratch that -- if you manually enter the numbers instead of copying and pasteing them, it works. It must leave out some of the numbers because there's spaces when you copy it. It worked fine when put them in myself.

If you're getting errors with the cards, try adding the card to paypal and using paypal to add the funds. I just won twice with my phone and my sister's phone, the first one worked fine but the second kept throwing errors at me.

Added the second to paypal and it worked fine that way.

Come on Dishonored!

Thanks, I'll try this!

EdmondD

For horror fans. Got this and Amnesia Machine For Pigs. Can't wait to try them out.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Outlast- -- MB-91058FA3CCF2BD2B - Taken by Vuze. 43 entrants total.

t1403514913z1.png

mannerbot

Exactly.

The thing is that the "all games" shows installed, favs, not installed, AND "zzzzzzzzz". Sometimes I'd like the be able to see all the games I have in all categories at once without tabs, but minus the games that are genuine wastes of space.

I actually don't get what the issue is. Why can't you just collapse the category at the end of your list and have all of the other categories expanded?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Exactly.

You can ask Valve to remove games from your account, but this is package-based rather than app-based, so for example if you bought the PopCap Complete Pack and later wanted to rid yourself of the Bookworm games, you'd have to give up all of the PopCap games if you were to decide to go ahead with the decision.

Garcia

Everyone should have this roguelike in their library, really.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

One Way Heroics -- MB-81278E14B26B9CD8 - Taken by KevMan1815

_hekk05

Banned
Broforce is amazing. Once it gets a bigger discount, I'm buying multiple copies to giveaway. Don't know about MK, but you can't go wrong with BF

It's got terrain deformation, almost like Worms too

Broforce is only going to be -33% this sale. Luftrausers is only 40% off too.

My wishlist remains long

hey i noticed there are south park DLC packs for sale...but i cant actually find the Stick of Truth game on steam - why isnt the game anywhere to be found?

kurahador

Only need to buy these now;

Cinders
Ghostbusters : The Video Game
Meridian: New World
Humongous Pack

Hope they'll go on flash/daily cos I'm sure as hell they won't win community votes.

Tellaerin

While Broforce has Bros, Mercenary Kings has Kings.
Which group do you want to support more?

I break it down this way.

Super Mario Bros. is one of the best platformers of all time.

I've never heard of Super Mario Kings.

Obviously, Bros>>>>>>>>>>Kings.

The choice is clear.

Hope they'll go on flash/daily cos I'm sure as hell they won't win community votes.

At this point, I don't expect anything anyone's actually interested in to win a community vote. :s

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Betrayer really isn't what I was expecting, but I'm really liking it. I thought it was going to be a fairly straightforward horror FPS. Had no clue it was an open world deal. Also happy to see they added an option to use color on the fly. I love the art style, but after about an hour my eyes were getting strained. I switched to color for the last few minutes and it wasn't an issue. I'll definitely go back to black and white next time I play, I just can't stare at a screen that bright for so long.

Highly recommended when it inevitably goes on sale again this week.

Anustart

Having a lot of fun with Final Fantasy 7. Has to be the only mainline one besides 12 that I've never replayed. I only played this back in 97 when it came out and never since, so it's all a treat again. I have FF 8 on deck for when I beat this, and I like 8 more than 7.

Skyrim should be quite a bit of fun despite some of the criticism that's aimed at it, and then hopefully sleeping dogs goes back on sale. I'm set for a while.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hey i noticed there are south park DLC packs for sale...but i cant actually find the Stick of Truth game on steam - why isnt the game anywhere to be found?

It's not available in the middle-east. You can have someone in the US gift it to you, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Broforce is only going to be -33% this sale. Luftrausers is only 40% off too.

My wishlist remains long

Yeah, Broforce isn't going any lower than 33% off this sale.

However it seems the going rate for it on trading sites is 4 keys, which is roughly $9, give or take a few cents.

Should I just jump on that, then?

Mono

Having a lot of fun with Final Fantasy 7. Has to be the only mainline one besides 12 that I've never replayed. I only played this back in 97 when it came out and never since, so it's all a treat again. I have FF 8 on deck for when I beat this, and I like 8 more than 7.

Skyrim should be quite a bit of fun despite some of the criticism that's aimed at it, and then hopefully sleeping dogs goes back on sale. I'm set for a while.

I really wish there was a less janky way to mod FFVII for the PC, because some of the mods are really cool and useful. Steam workshop would be wonderful for it, but that's never going to happen. :(

Dr.Acula

Banned
I actually don't get what the issue is. Why can't you just collapse the category at the end of your list and have all of the other categories expanded?

Can't you just let me OCD in peace?

You can ask Valve to remove games from your account, but this is package-based rather than app-based, so for example if you bought the PopCap Complete Pack and later wanted to rid yourself of the Bookworm games, you'd have to give up all of the PopCap games if you were to decide to go ahead with the decision.

*[OCD intensifies]*

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Ok quick raffle before I start playing Witcher 2

Metal Gear Rising Giveaway

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-6DA49937157113DA - Taken by The_Monk. 56 entrants total.

t1403506064z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom