• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Morning Wunder!

Wow, this is just the very best way to wake up. Some REVENGEANCE and a warm coffee in the morning!

Dupy, thank you so much! :')

No problem, hope it's fun. I just bought it for myself. Maybe someday I'll actually play it.

oipic

Ok quick raffle before I start playing Witcher 2

Metal Gear Rising Giveaway

Morning everyone! *It's so early* Hope y'all doing fine.

Very kind Dupy, as usual. Have fun with The Witcher 2!

That worked out rather splendidly. :)

As always, Dupy, wonderful gesture and generosity - and a warm congrats to our dear (and deserving) Monk. Good morning, mate!

_hekk05

Banned
Does winter sale happen before december or after? MGSR is region locked in Asia and the only way I'll be legally able to buy it in a sale and activate it without a VPN is if winter sale happens this year.

Yakkue

Does winter sale happen before december or after? MGSR is region locked in Asia and the only way I'll be legally able to buy it in a sale and activate it without a VPN is if winter sale happens this year.

2013 was from 19. december to 3. january

The_Monk

MGRR couldn't have gone to a nicer dude (or one with a more appropriate avatar).

That worked out rather splendidly. :)

As always, Dupy, wonderful gesture and generosity - and a warm congrats to our dear (and deserving) Monk. Good morning, mate!

Good to see The Monk won Revengance. Best possible person to win.

You all are beyond amazing and kind people, making me all emotional with such kind words. Seriously. I'm always going to be there for you if you ever need me and you all know it. :')

Some =/= 25+.

So you've never given any game away ever?
Unless the megagiver rule has had it's 3 month window integrated and switched on AND/OR giving a game away involves someone taking a key and not modbot just generating the key for the giveaway:

http://www.indiegala.com/greenlight

$3 = 3 bundles = 30 keys = you're a megagiver in 5 minutes.
Is Murdered Soul Suspect worth $3 for a chance to win? That's up to you. :p

Duke Nukem Forever
Hitman Absolution
Modern Warfare 2
Resident Evil 6
Medal of Honor

There's a few.

Wrong
---
Wrong
Wrong
----

Am I doing it right yet?

For horror fans. Got this and Amnesia Machine For Pigs. Can't wait to try them out.

Nice raffle.

Ok quick raffle before I start playing Witcher 2

Metal Gear Rising Giveaway

I'm getting deja vu.

No problem, hope it's fun. I just bought it for myself. Maybe someday I'll actually play it.

It's a blast.

I bought that game. Is it as glitched as everyone says it is, or is that just console versions?

Worked fine for me. It probably depends on your PC/graphics card/settings.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Why did I have to sleep through corrosivefrost's giveaway :( (well with my luck I wouldn't have won) Now I am really tempted to buy Soul Suspect

Dr.Acula

Banned
$3 = 3 bundles = 30 keys = you're a megagiver in 5 minutes.
Is Murdered Soul Suspect worth $3 for a chance to win? That's up to you. :p

Yeah, I don't see this as the optimal solution. It's just filling these threads with "junk" mega-giveaways.

I do get the intent of having giveaways especially for the gaffers who have given most generously though.

milena87

Sorry guys, really lighting raffle. I shouldn't do this when I'm at work....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-B16D100D47BAE241 - Taken by kudoboi. 9 entrants total.
Borderlands 2 GOTY -- MB-220FDD556242275B - Taken by Copons. 20 entrants total.

t1403508314z1.png

Stage On

I think all the bundles that are around have ruined my perceptions about price when it comes to video games, at least when it comes to pc anyhow.

I don't use my computer to play games much in the first place which doesn't help either, but being able get a half dozen or more games for only a few bucks makes it so I don't want to spend more then maybe $5 on something anymore, maybe $10 if it's something I'm really interested in.

The only time I've gone above that lately sees to be when I've kickstarted something like Wasteland 2 or if I get really hipped up for a something that gets talked about a lot during these sales threads or on podcasts

Of course when you have over 600 games in your library I guess you reach a point where you've already gotten most of the ones you where really really interested in already so that's another factor to take into consideration.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I don't see this as the optimal solution. It's just filling these threads with "junk" mega-giveaways.

I do get the intent of having giveaways especially for the gaffers who have given most generously though.

It actually does something because the Rising I did yesterday and misspelled megagivers had a whopping 217 entries, and usually they have like half of that, or less

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Bwwwaaah sold a bunch of cards to buy a second set of cards to craft a second badge but I linked my tablet to my Steam account yesterday so I'm locked out of the community market until the 26th or so.... Bleeeehhhh.

Deques

It actually does something because the Rising I did yesterday and misspelled megagivers had a whopping 217 entries, and usually they have like half of that, or less

Maybe increase the number of given games to become a megagiver. 25 sounds too low

I think all the bundles that are around have ruined my perceptions about price when it comes to video games, at least when it comes to pc anyhow.

I guess a lot of people are like that. It doesnt help when new games usually are around like 20-30€ thanks to GMG and co.

Hard to justify spending like 20€ on a new Indie Early Access Game for me...

maneil99

1.5 more cards and I'll be able to buy my first summer sale game :) . Quite different vs last year. Rich vs Poor, money does buy happiness, or atleast steam games :p

I want to thank Tenrius for hooking me up with some stuff from the RU store. Got Kingdoms of Amalur and Darksiders 2 with some of my M&Ms money. Came to $5.97 after currency conversion and paypal fees.

kudoboi

I have not played borderlands 2 for awhile now. the game is very unappealing to play in solo imo. I might jump back into the game soon now that the game is on sale

Sorry guys, really lighting raffle. I shouldn't do this when I'm at work....

tnx for marlowww

Kadin

So I just noticed at the very top of the "Popular Items" on the Steam Market is this Dragonclaw Hook from Dota 2. I've never played the game but it appears there are around 68 for sale at $255 and up. I imagine this is a pretty rare item to obtain but does stuff like that honestly sale that often?

Being where it is I'm inclined to say yes but wow, that's just crazy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nether looks cool.
How come I've never heard of this?

At the time of its release there was a lot of misinformation circulating that it was being developed by the same developers behind The WarZ/Infestation: Survivor Stories, so naturally people avoided it like the plague.

Stage On

I guess a lot of people are like that. It doesnt help when new games usually are around like 20-30€ thanks to GMG and co.

Hard to justify spending like 20€ on a new Indie Early Access Game for me...

It doesn't help when many of said Early access games seem to be getting bundled. It's pretty crazy when a title isn't even finished yet and yet you can get it for a huge discount.

It's almost like what happened with anime dvds back in the day. Signal discs that cost around $20-30 for 3-5 episodes on them stopped selling because a couple months after all the signals came out they'd release a box set with the entire series on it for only $40. They essentially trained people to wait for the better deal that they knew was coming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe increase the number of given games to become a megagiver. 25 sounds too low

I think the 3month rule is a better solution actually, as it rewards people that have been helping the community for a while now, not that just bought a few bundles in a hurry to reach the status.

Raising the game count to what? 50? 100? At some point you're doing giveaways for a handful of people, and by then you might aswell just gift them directly. Plus the fact that usually those actual "megagivers" (Koalaking, InferiorMKninja, Frosty, Smileygolem, etc) are people with 1500+ games who probably aren't entering most of these giveaways in the first place.

Except, you know, when it's original sin... That one should be restricted damn it, bastards

KJ869

So I just noticed at the very top of the "Popular Items" on the Steam Market is this Dragonclaw Hook from Dota 2. I've never played the game but it appears there are around 68 for sale at $255 and up. I imagine this is a pretty rare item to obtain but does stuff like that honestly sale that often?

Being where it is I'm inclined to say yes but wow, that's just crazy.

click it open and mouse over the graåh and you can see the daily sales. Lately 10-20 a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom