• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killadji

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-350EDC17CAFBBBB8 - Taken by xninjav. 8 entrants total.

t1403520562z1.png

Ceebs

Okay, I was skeptical after feeling burned on Castle Crashers, but Battleblock Theater is pretty damn awesome.

Not the best platform player in the world, but the encore levels are pretty rough.

Will try co-op tomorrow.

oipic

Yep, four days in, and the closest we've had to a noteworthy pricing error wasn't even on Steam; Amazon's generous AoE2HD 'mishap' was (is?) lovely, though.

Chariot

Love your avatar !

By the way, anyone else noticed they aren't using any color that could have racial connotations? Valve are really smart.
Thank you :)
Halo 2 was bored and I asked him if he could shop me avatars with all three flags so I could suppor everyone except purple. He then have me this and its wonderful :D

When it comes to skin colors, red is american natives and sunburned white people.

KissVibes

Banned
LP3 will probably go on sale again in the winter, right? I super want it but I may not be able to play it for a while and other sales may be better.

Tellaerin

I'd like to see Stump code Modbot to pull the prices of the stuff being given away at the time of the raffle (maybe default to the lowest current price through isthereanydeal for the sake of simplicity, taking bundles into account) and use that as a base for the megagiver thing. Seems unfair that a guy who gives away one game worth $30+ isn't considered a "megagiver", while somebody who drops $3 on bundles is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LP3 will probably go on sale again in the winter, right? I super want it but I may not be able to play it for a while and other sales may be better.

Not to be a dick, but I wouldn't say it's 100%. It's one of capcoms most niche games in awhile, and who knows what capcoms situation will be in 6 months

MadGear

Which games are part of the FPS - RPG Community Choice Bundle? One out of the 4 is not showing up for me (german store): Deus Ex, New Vegas, Nether and ... ?

Oh and i hope no one bought X-Rebirth 2.0. It's a shame but apparently the game sill is still plagued by bugs after all this time :/

mannerbot

I'd like to see Stump code Modbot to pull the prices of the stuff being given away at the time of the raffle (maybe default to the lowest current price through isthereanydeal for the sake of simplicity, taking bundles into account) and use that as a base for the megagiver thing. Seems unfair that a guy who gives away one game worth $30+ isn't considered a "megagiver", while somebody who drops $3 on bundles is.

Might as well just give a special megagiver flag on a case by case basis then. Your suggestion doesn't work very well if people hoard games to give away after sales/bundles end.

Yeah. It seems I would be considered a megagiver even though I just give away the shit from bundles I buy.

Kanokare

Which games are part of the FPS - RPG Community Choice Bundle? One out of the 4 is not showing up for me (german store): Deus Ex, New Vegas, Nether and ... ?

Oh and i hope no one bought X-Rebirth 2.0. It's a shame but apparently the game sill is still plagued by bugs after all this time :/

Dead Island for 75 percent off ($5.00)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I don't think anyone that has given a $30 game hasn't also already given a bunch of bundle or sale games :p

Rhaknar

I would treat capcoms stuff with kids gloves given their situation but that's me

jediyoshi

Thank god. Won my 2nd $6 code out of 3 days now.
Scooped up flower for ps4 because Steam isn't digging my account right now

Okay, Blues, we got this. Let's go, let's play a good game, let's fucking murder some people. I want you to leave every last ounce of sweat on that kill floor. Gaben's not your daddy. Gaben's nothing. Let's go, let's do it. HOORAH.

Nobody cares but...

I finished Cognition Episode 3, so far is the weakest episode with only a couple great moments, it's basically set in just one environment, instead of traveling the city, you visit a couple floors of a building.

It feels like a needed episode to advance the plot and get ready for the final episode. I hope episode 4 is more in line with episodes 1 and 2 which I loved.

I still recommend playing the game to anyone that likes graphic aventures and got it from a bundle.

My first trading card foil and it is for Sweezy gunner (thanks KenOD and sadly the game does not run well on my netbook, it plays okay but the loading between each screen is about a minute which ruins gameplay) and looking at the marketplace it is most expensive one from that game going for around £0.60+ when it does sell (which is not very often).

Looking at the sale page today, I notice south park in the daily and the dino game in the flash sale section. Both were community choices. Did similar repeats of some of the possible community choice games happen in the previous sales?

Kadin

Yep, four days in, and the closest we've had to a noteworthy pricing error wasn't even on Steam; Amazon's generous AoE2HD 'mishap' was (is?) lovely, though.
Yeah I was all over that. Surprised it stayed around as long as it did.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm assuming that any 50-60% off game will eventually be 75-80% off in a future sale, and to only buy if I really want it or expect to play it soon?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks, totally forgot about Dead Island.

"Fate" decided that blue will win the next round, so relax :)

Doesn't even look like they're pretending anymore. First couple of days seemed like a race, but today and yesterday are identical - one far out front and the others almost neck and neck.

Surely that can't just be reddit?

Yakkue

I'm assuming that any 50-60% off game will eventually be 75-80% off in a future sale, and to only buy if I really want it or expect to play it soon?

Well, not any game, but a lot of them.
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue hasn't ever been more than 50% off, for example.

Tizoc

I suspect it to either be the same price now or less during the Winter Seal, so if you can't play it anytime soon or are unable to get it now, you can wait til the Winter Seal.

aku:jiki

I just told my boss that I have to work from home because Steam sale.

Work load this week is very low too, I can probably be done today if I want to.

All according to translator's note.

Arthea

I'm seriously not sure, why some of you make such a big deal of all modbot situation. Most of us have too many games to ever play them all already, giveaways are nice and keep community busy and happy, but it's not really a way to obtain games, we all know that. It's our metagame.
not saying is as rigged, or am I? (><)

I care! :)

I read the other impressions when you posted in the older thread. I spent about two hours with the game despite not having all episodes. Loved the CSI vibe and the rain at the start.

The first episode is the longest, definitely worth playing on its own, though it ends on a cliffhanger I think the journey is worth it even though you might not have the following episodes.

Spookie

So I shattered my thumb over the weekend and can't really play anything intense. Does anyone have any suggestions for slow paced games, ala Civ 5, I can play while I heal up? :(

Tizoc

So after watching that review I decided to snag the game and all it's DLC since the grand total falls juuuuuuust within the Threepwood Rule of PC Gaming.

Here's hoping for a at least a fun ride.

Play on easy and enjoy the story. I liked the feel of the shotgun in the game. It is also possible to use any music you have in your hdd/ssd to listen to while riding the rig/mech
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226720/discussions/0/846963081241147886/

Pink uses a stand as one of their mascots? Please, use a stand user like purple :p

Gyro_ASB.jpg

Not enough purple!
Highway_star.jpg
Di-Molto-Highway-2.png

Yakkue

So I shattered my thumb over the weekend and can't really play anything intense. Does anyone have any suggestions for slow paced games, ala Civ 5, I can play while I heal up? :(

How about some Point and Click adventures? There are lots of nice ones on Steam.
Hope you'll get better soon!

milena87

Nobody cares but...

I finished Cognition Episode 3, so far is the weakest episode with only a couple great moments, it's basically set in just one environment, instead of traveling the city, you visit a couple floors of a building.

It feels like a needed episode to advance the plot and get ready for the final episode. I hope episode 4 is more in line with episodes 1 and 2 which I loved.

I still recommend playing the game to anyone that likes graphic aventures and got it from a bundle.

I'm actually really curious about this game and I apparently don't have it already (or maybe I have a few episodes from a bundle, I don't remember).
So thanks and let us know your impressions about the final episode as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom