• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the 3month rule is a better solution actually, as it rewards people that have been helping the community for a while now, not that just bought a few bundles in a hurry to reach the status.

Raising the game count to what? 50? 100? At some point you're doing giveaways for a handful of people, and by then you might aswell just gift them directly. Plus the fact that usually those actual "megagivers" (Koalaking, InferiorMKninja, Frosty, Smileygolem, etc) are people with 1500+ games who probably aren't entering most of these giveaways in the first place.

Except, you know, when it's original sin... That one should be restricted damn it, bastards

I've actually yet to enter a single giveaway and probably never will.

JaseC

But you're a weirdo

Guilty!

Has anyone ever given away a game you don't own?

Here and there, yeah. The other week I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 myself instead of entering the giveaway for it, for example.

I was under the impression JaseC had every steam game :3

Haha, not yet. :p I was hoping to get close to that point during the Summer Sale, but Valve moving it forward to June again caught me off-guard; now I have to wait until the Winter Sale and hope nothing I don't already have is pulled in the meantime.

Kadin

click it open and mouse over the graåh and you can see the daily sales. Lately 10-20 a day
I should have known that... lol. So yeah I just looked up this item in the Dota 2 Wiki and I can now see why it's highly sought after. But it just blows me away that people are buying stuff like that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised really as I saw stuff like this all the time in the RMAH with Diablo 3 but I digress...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guilty!

Here and there, yeah. The other week I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 myself instead of entering the giveaway for it, for example.

You didn't enter my Witcher giveaway because you dont like me admit it :(

Copons

I think the best way to limit giveaways is to blacklist every single NeoGAF user except me.

You should try it, I honestly believe it works!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Jase not have Marlow Briggs yet? (At work, can't check steam)

He does, but he doesn't have one of the hardcore apocalypse ex machina games for example, go gift it to him

Kadin

Here's the real question though. What if someone was giving away Pat & Mat? You know you want more of them right??

Rhaknar

I think the best way to limit giveaways is to blacklist every single NeoGAF user except me.

When people want to gift you games you aren't online and then buy them first so... yeah

Oh, come on, you just won Borderlands 2 GOTY
I wanted it, congrats though :)

Also, make a wheelman giveaway and I bet anything JaseC would enter.

JaseC

You didn't enter my Witcher giveaway because you dont like me admit it :(

tumblr_mkf9ftcKdu1r2srhyo5_r1_250.gif

Here's the real question though. What if someone was giving away Pat & Mat? You know you want more of them right??

Haha, I think 50 is enough!

Wheelman says hi.

I'll be buying it myself the second it returns. ;)

Copons

When people want to gift you games you aren't online and then buy them first so... yeah

Sigh Rhaknar, I felt pretty bad about it (not because I could have obtained the game for free, but because you actually already bought it :( ), but how could I know that you were being the best GAFfer ever (also I was pretty drunk last night so I was all yololo buy games asap, and then I fell asleep drooling all over my cat)

Oh, come on, you just won Borderlands 2 GOTY
I wanted it, congrats though :)

I won it because Milena actually blacklisted everyone except me.
I know because she told me in private.
Sorry guys. :(

Kanokare

All this talk about BattleBlock piqued my interest so I went to check it out.

The second I saw Castle Crashers it was a done deal. Got the 2-pack for 2 keys!! Gonna give it to a friend of mine, hope she's interested :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope you all voted for the bundle with New Vegas in it. Sol needs some of that Fallout in his life.

Blimey, the summer trading card prices sure took a dive. I wonder if how rigged the standings appear to have been these last few days has done it. At this rate once my impossible card verification marketplace restriction is lifted I'm going to run at a loss (even if I sell the 5 additional cards I get then) because I bought cards to craft a badge to get more summer cards. Oh well, lesson learned. Trading cards are the devil.

Nope. I keep waiting and waiting, but not a single one. Though there was apparently one at the start of the sale or something that I completely missed.
Are you thinking of Farm for your life that was 100% off. That is a mistake but the Valve circuit breaker made the price -0.01 so the buy button did not appear on the store page.

Copons

It seems Valve learnt to double check prices, a pity really (><)

Also, apparently this time deal changes always go through without discount delays.
I've noticed it because everytime I hope for better deals, and I refresh like a crazy (also sorry if I accidentally the whole Akamai servers) just to see that nothing changes. :(

Rhaknar

Wizards lizard was 68% off on day1 for a bit

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Are you thinking of Farm for your life that was 100% off. That is a mistake but the Valve circuit breaker made the price -0.01 so the buy button did not appear on the store page.

I remember that one, but I also read a post saying that there was one at the very start, and I figured that it had to be something else.

Wizards lizard was 68% off on day1 for a bit

There it is. That's the one I missed.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I can highly recommend a couple of games that I've picked up. Prime World Defenders is an addictive tower defense game and One Finger Death Punch is...well let's just say it's a lot of fun. I've already gotten my $4.48's worth.

Now to bed. Let it all out, pink team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom