• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Aarklash: Legacy is at -60%, I don't think we'll get it as daily or flash. I probably will buy it on the last day, if I happen to have any money left by then.

I just now discov ered that Aarklash is from the developers of Of Orcs and Men.

mannerbot

I'm actually inclined to agree with you. It's just that don't see the point of having the "megagiver" restriction at all, in that case. Seems like all it's doing is encouraging people to give away the most bottom of the barrel stuff they can get their hands on in bulk as an "entry fee", so to speak. If people are going to give, I'd rather they pick stuff that they personally like, within their means. If I've only got $4 to drop on a gift, I'd rather get somebody one game I actually think is good, and happens to be a good deal at the time, then spend that on 4 cheap bundles filled with stuff that people are just going to consider +1's to their library and never play. But buying those bundles would "count" for more under the current system. *shrug*

Yeah, I agree that the megagiver system as currently implemented is obviously flawed, as you've explained. It's just an easily abused/sidestepped requirement that doesn't really mean much as people can just give away 25 Origin or even already redeemed/outright fake keys. But yeah, I just don't think that there really is any need for that restriction in the first place. Seems to me like a restriction based on activity in the Steam threads (beyond just the 5 posts) might be neat since it at least gives people incentive to contribute to discussions more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aarklash: Legacy is at -60%, I don't think we'll get it as daily or flash. I probably will buy it on the last day, if I happen to have any money left by then.

slideshow_good_guys_gone_bad-slide-6.jpg

MadGear

Thanks everyone, looks like i'm only Lvl 7!

Actually looks like I'm nearly lvl 8.

I didn't even know Steam had a leveling system, what's the best way to level, buy games?

Look under badges for the community tasks. If you havent done any of them you can get 100XP fairly easy for the first level badge and if you accomplish some additional tasks you can even get the next level for another 100XP (so 200XP in total).

Bought my first game of the sale-- Mount & Blade. For a game that has many active players, strange to see it hardly gets any mention at here. The community thread is pretty dead too. Am I going to regret buying this?

Next game will be BattleBlock Theater and call it a day.

it's unique, i haven't tried the multiplayer but the solo is great if you look past the janky animations and dated graphics
there's plenty of good/great games that aren't talked about on GAF, i don't wanna sound like a hipster or some shit but GAF usually sticks to games that are well known except for some games, just look at the most hyped games recently : destiny & co (and i'm not suggesting anything about the quality of the games)
mount and blade has a cult following with a very solid community

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Less than 20 minutes left on Lost Planet 3 discount!
I've played about two hours and it's certainly janky, but quite fun. The mech riding sequences are incredibly atmospheric and way cooler then they should be. Gave me a bit of a Firefly fibe, weirdly enough. And that's alway's a good thing.

Bought three new games so far. Of course not one of them has cards..... :(

Pac-Man CE DX+
South Park: The Stick of Truth
PES2014

How can South Park: The Stick of Truth not have cards? Seems like potential for something awesome wasted there.

Went ahead and bought Kairo. Any opinions on the game from you guys?

Also, whoever is on the fence for Lost Planet 3 should check it out. It's a surprisingly fun title that deserved more recognition than what it got.

Arthea

Went ahead and bought Kairo. Any opinions on the game from you guys?

It is... experience, one of strangest games I played, I think and not a game I would recommend for everyone. But if you are into strange, weird, mysterious stuff, it's well worth that price. The best part about Kairo how nothing is obvious, no path or solution or even puzzle, good stuff.

Toki767

Hmm...put these $6 stuff in Paypal or Amazon...such a hard choice. Paypal does give me the option of Steam and PSN and whatever else I guess.

Copons

I've just contributed with 1 point to the Pink Team, now we better win because I totally want my top 3 games 2 bonus summer sale cards.

Mono

Aaa, I don't know whether I should get The Wolf Among Us or the Mass Effect Collection! I have just enough money in my Steam wallet for one or the other.

I played the first chapter of The Wolf Among Us and loved it, but I absolutely love RPGs and have been repeatedly told to play the Mass Effect series. I don't like shooters, though, and like playing games for their stories.

Any thoughts?

sheaaaa

Bought Castle Crashers with Battleblock as a bundle figuring it was part of the same "franchise". Why

Also Mass Effect Bundle, worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom