• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo X

Are we allowed to trade cards in this thread? Because I just got a duplicate Summer Card 3 that I would trade for any other Summer Card.

Shengar

well that's an easy choice

31JbjQH.png

thanks enhanced steam

flash deals suck

Holy shit, and I was just about to buy Castle Crasher.
Dodge a bullet there.

oti

Banned
So do I need Origin in order to play Mass Effect? The third one is only on Origin (there's a GmG deal so I think I'll just get that in addition to this deal here) and I can use my save game throughout the trilogy, right?

Evo X

Aaa, I don't know whether I should get The Wolf Among Us or the Mass Effect Collection! I have just enough money in my Steam wallet for one or the other.

I played the first chapter of The Wolf Among Us and loved it, but I absolutely love RPGs and have been repeatedly told to play the Mass Effect series. I don't like shooters, though, and like playing games for their stories.

Any thoughts?

Buy Wolf Among Us now because Origin and Amazon usually have the full Mass Effect Trilogy on sale. The Steam version only has the first two games.

Tomodachi

The nerve to call that bundle a Collection. It just lacks the final episode in the trilogy, no big deal.
And that price, lol.

The_Monk

Everyone should give Mass Effect a playthrough if you haven't by now, 2€ is just too good. You can also drive the mako but I'm not sure how it controls with Keyboard as I finished long time ago the console version.

Blearth

Banned
What the fuck is with this Level 8 requirement?

I've been a Steam member for 7 years and have bought over 100 games. But I don't get free cards?

TsuXna

Just a gratitude for awesome and helpful community. (Didn't know what to get but as far as i know everyone loves Skyrim and Badrats)
P.S its LE version of Skyrim
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-39473AFFB2B3F883 - Taken by Kanokare
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-3643259834568D64

t1403525513z1.png

If Castle Crashers wins the community vote does that mean the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle will get a further discount? Just like how the CoJ and FC3: BD bundle got an extra discount.

mclem

"crosses fingers for valdis story or dishonored sale"

Valdis Story was up for a vote a little while back, which suggests that it's in the rotation for a flash sale at some point.

Don't think I've seen Dishonored yet, but it's been on sale in previous big sales so I wouldn't be too surprised to see it reappear.

Tellaerin

TRANSISTOR! VOTE TRANSISTOR! DO IIIIIT!

So should i get the ultimate edition for $6.79 or just the base game for $3.74. How "worth it" are those DLC in the ultimate edition?

The DLC is very much worth it. (Been playing through it myself recently.) Not only is the DLC content fun and well-written, but each piece of DLC increases the level cap. (The base is 30, but with the Ultimate Edition, that's increased to 50.)

Everyone should give Mass Effect a playthrough if you haven't by now, 2€ is just too good. You can also drive the mako but I'm not sure how it controls with Keyboard as I finished long time ago the console version.
The only thing I don't like about Mass Effect is that it's almost too good.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My experience with Nether was positive for the three hours I played it a few months ago, but the Steam reviews make it seem like the playerbase killed the game. I haven't played it recently, so I couldn't say how that is as it stands. My stance was that it was kind of glitchy, but I had some fun exploring the town, liked the different enemies, and had a fun enough time exploring with friends. It was a pretty okay game, and from what I played of it I'd say it would be worth $3. I'll be playing it again with some friends to see what I and they all think of the game later today or tomorrow I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom