• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

YtzYXWa.png

2 games of equal quality right there

tho bad rats is kinda good

hepburn3d

So should i get the ultimate edition for $6.79 or just the base game for $3.74. How "worth it" are those DLC in the ultimate edition?

The Mass Effect DLC is actually really good. Take into account that by the end of the main story you won't be max level, the extra DLC lets you level up to max by END game which is a really satisfying way to finish the game. One particular DLC mission, which I forget the name of, was the most fun mission of the game for me, visually it was amazing.

DAMMIT I'm going to have buy it now on PC as well as owning it on PS3.

justjim89

Is Mortal Kombat well optimized for lower end machines? Is it a good fighting game to jump into for someone who has literally never played a real fighting game before?

Derp

The Mass Effect DLC is actually really good. Take into account that by the end of the main story you won't be max level, the extra DLC lets you level up to max by END game which is a really satisfying way to finish the game. One particular DLC mission, which I forget the name of, was the most fun mission of the game for me, visually it was amazing.

DAMMIT I'm going to have buy it now on PC as well as owning it on PS3.
Ah, i was talking about New Vegas not Mass Effect :p

Bought three new games so far. Of course not one of them has cards..... :(
How can South Park: The Stick of Truth not have cards? Seems like potential for something awesome wasted there.
If you need something cheap to fulfill your trading card itch then Defy Gravity is your man (unless you already have it) at 90% off.

Ubisoft is how South Park can not have cards. They don't want to give you reason to use Steam over uPlay. If only THQ hadn't died...

liezryou

I friend requested you :)
Is there a way to get into the GAF steam community? I've had a terrible spec laptop for about 4 years and am getting a new rig next month so I'm new to all this.

You mean the GAF steam group? I can invite you. As far as the community, just participate in our monthly steam threads, where you can see rhaknar throwing away all his money on giveaways, and JaseC showing off his 3k+ games.

What the fuck is with this Level 8 requirement?

I've been a Steam member for 7 years and have bought over 100 games. But I don't get free cards?

The level is supposed to be high enough so it discourages people from creating accounts and farming cards.

The cheapest way to upgrade an account would be by crafting cards. Assuming a complete set costs about $0.80 (at $0.10 per card in an 8 card set), it would cost $6.40 (.80 x 8) to be able to earn cards. Even if one sold every card they received from the sale, they would only make back [12 (voting) + 1 (joining a team) + 8 (for crafting badges)] x [$0.30] = $6.30.

MadGear

Is Tomb Rider Ultimate version, or whatever it was called, a real thing?

Ultimate as in a full collection of all Tomb Raider games or do you mean the Definitive Edition for PS4/Xbox One? The latter is real, but not on PC.

€: Oh and there is also a Collection of all Tomb Raider games, so both are real i guess :D

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I just remember that I've never played New Vegas DLC. Are the DLCs worth for a revisit to New Vegas?

I enjoyed all of them except Honest Hearts that felt rather disjointed from the main Fallout campaign and the rest of the DLC

Vuze

For horror fans. Got this and Amnesia Machine For Pigs. Can't wait to try them out.

Thank you very much! I can't promise I will survive the first 30mins, but I will do my best.

Something little in return for SteamGAF:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Terraria -- MB-FA73C0C679FAD809

t1403526263z1.png

Gangxxter

So, is the Summer Sale Meta Game crooked or what? It looks like every day another team wins by far. This looks highly suspicious.

Sarquiss_

Damage Report:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Spelunky
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
The Last Remnant
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Velvet Assassin
Hotline Miami

All for $40.12 USD

The backlog continues to grow :lol

hepburn3d

Ah, i was talking about New Vegas not Mass Effect :p

oops, sorry. Well I've talked myself into buying it.

I didn't enjoy the New Vegas DLC. I love that game, played it 3/4 times. Each time I've tried to do the DLC I've just abandoned it and gone back to the main area. Just feels meh to me.

liezryou

What the hell, Fallout new Vegas UE has always been 5$ before in steam summer sales. This is bullshit. I wanted to stock up to resell.

Sarquiss_

Quick question does Fallout 3 and New Vegas use GFWL? If so has anything been announced to remove it so we can play them once GFWL closes?

kudoboi

Damage Report:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Spelunky
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
The Last Remnant
Risk of Rain
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Velvet Assassin
Hotline Miami

All for $40.12 USD

The backlog continues to grow :lol

the only game i had bought this summer sale was dead rising 3. However I also had a very bad flu the past 3 days so i didn't really participate in the steam sales. will probably get shadowrun dragonfall and dynasty warriors 8 if they pop up on sale again

squidyj

TRANSISTOR! VOTE TRANSISTOR! DO IIIIIT!

So should i get the ultimate edition for $6.79 or just the base game for $3.74. How "worth it" are those DLC in the ultimate edition?

The only game I care about that I don't own out of all of those games is Transistor.....

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Huh, I guess buying stuff on the marketplace doesn't contribute to the total you need to spend to get cards? Makes sense I suppose as you could farm stuff between two accounts. Annoying that I'm about 75c away from getting a new card though..

MadGear

yea, latter one, so it's not coming to PC. Are we sure of that?

I believe they once answered this in the official FAQ saying that the DE will be exclusive to the current-gen consoles.
According to some comparisons the DE has some slight advantages in terms of texture quality and Laras Face looks different but other than that differences seem minor to me.
With a capable machine and everything maxed the PC Version still looked fine to me despite being the non-definitive edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom