• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

you know despite having 950 games on Steam now I still don't get that "collection" or "ownership" feel of just buying something to have it.

like for example I have retail copies of Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Fallout 3, and own neither on Steam. And they work fine. And I own every Fallout on Steam except for 3 so my library is "incomplete" yet I dont have any urge to buy it. Im strangely proud of myself (or rather feel sane and safe) for not reaching that impulse-buying stage of just getting stuff to add to some sort of imaginary virtual collection. Fact is I played those games and im not gonna play them again.

Lain

The 75% discount is equal to what existing owners of DE:HR and The Missing Link receive.

Unless you're European, then the discount is 80%, making it 1€ cheaper. I still find it funny how during sales featuring DE:HR the discount reverts to a worse deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I believe they once answered this in the official FAQ saying that the DE will be exclusive to the current-gen consoles.
According to some comparisons the DE has some slight advantages in terms of texture quality and Laras Face looks different but other than that differences seem minor to me.
With a capable machine and everything maxed the PC Version still looked fine to me despite being the non-definitive edition.

I'm sure it'll come to the PC eventually. You'll notice that the only question that addresses platform availability is "Is Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition available for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3?", and Squeenix later said "At this time a PC update is not planned" (emphasis my own).

The_Monk

you know despite having 950 games on Steam now I still don't get that "collection" or "ownership" feel of just buying something to have it.

like for example I have retail copies of Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Fallout 3, and own neither on Steam. And they work fine. Im strangely proud of myself (or rather feel sane and safe) for not reaching that impulse-buying stage of just getting stuff to add to some sort of imaginary virtual collection. Fact is I played those games and im not gonna play them again.

One thing I learned is that there is a lot of different tastes. Some double-dip, others triple-dip, some collect games, some collect and play them, and so on.

I also have some PC physical copies and I never felt the need to have them on Steam, I did however, bought the same game I once had on console but on PC for a greater experience in visuals for example.

Quoting for new page.

I think some GAFfer used it to buy Stanley Parable.

EDIT: Ah, for the Market, sorry.

like for example I have retail copies of Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Fallout 3, and own neither on Steam. And they work fine. And I own every Fallout on Steam except for 3 so my library is "incomplete" yet I dont have any urge to buy it. Im strangely proud of myself (or rather feel sane and safe) for not reaching that impulse-buying stage of just getting stuff to add to some sort of imaginary virtual collection. Fact is I played those games and im not gonna play them again.

Stage 1: denial

wbEMX

Mass Effect Collection for 7 €. DAAAMN, that was an instabuy for me. I'm glad I missed out on the PSN Flash Deal a month ago. And yeah, the PSN bundle also had ME3 in it, but that game is getting bargain prices all over the place on PC, so it's okay after all.

So currently I've bought:

- DmC: Devil May Cry (10 €. #1 on my wishlist, great game btw.)
- Assassin's Creed III (5 €. #2 on my wishlist. Need to play AC Revelations first, though)
- Mass Effect Collection (7 €. Bought it spontaneously, first time in this sale)

What I'm planning, but I'll wait until the last sale day or until it's daily/flash/vote:

- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition (Currently at 5 €)
- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+: All You Can Eat Complete Edition (Currently 3,74 €)

So, is the Summer Sale Meta Game crooked or what? It looks like every day another team wins by far. This looks highly suspicious.
The first two days were fairly close calls until the late part of the day.

As for it being rigged. Well, Reddit hatched a plan

Thing is if Valve were the ones rigging it so each team won twice they could easily switch the results to match the Reddit plan to make it seem like Reddit were the ones who rigged it.

It has killed the prices of the Summer trading cards though.

jonno394

I've held off buying anything in the sale as my backlog is already far too big, but tempted by Fallout NV (even thought it's not as cheap as I hoped) and Metro 2033.

Just seen that Mass Effect 3 is £2.99 over at gamefly so can have the whole trilogy for just over £8, extremely tempted.

kiri

You mean the GAF steam group? I can invite you. As far as the community, just participate in our monthly steam threads, where you can see rhaknar throwing away all his money on giveaways, and JaseC showing off his 3k+ games.

That would be great, my user id is kirusato.

I shall be taking part in the steam threads from now!!

Salsa

kinda weird this late but: is anyone interested in a Project Zomboid 4-pack?

I remember really liking that old early prototype but kinda call it off once the dude lost his laptop and all that went down, but it looks like the game is in good shape now?

edit: eh I can probably wait for a bigger discount

MisterM

If Transistor wins (it probably won't) do I get it and tap out of the Steam sale or hold off in case something else I'd like goes on sale?

D:

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is New Vegas scary? I want to play it but I'm such a wuss >-<

500px-LegendaryCazador.png

This thing is more scary than RE, Silent Hill, Amnesia and Outlast combined. Trust me

Card Boy

Banned
I love Deus Ex but do i want to pay $2.50 for The Fall for deal with this shit?

hanrob.gif

iaizay.gif

(this is what happens when you shoot and is meant to be some fake broken ass recoil)

That is what I meant. I just put up an extra Skullgirls card.
Thing is the card verification does not kick in immediately. In my case I added £4 to my wallet and the next day I was hit by the card verification (which I can not complete due to not being able to see pending transactions, if it only wanted one number I could have figured it out...but since it makes two transactions it is impossible) which stopped me using the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom