• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

You know what you guys and gals should buy instead of Deus Ex: The Fall?
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death for only $0.99!

Oh well, why not?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death #2 -- MB-5B289590DB2FDE3D - Taken by liezryou. 6 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death #1 -- MB-1715E1876FBF3C41 - Taken by Killadji. 5 entrants total.

t1403519765z1.png

The sun rises...
Good morning steam-gaf! I just realized that this sale runs for more than a week! :)
and EA should really just get back into the fold. They're missing out on all the steam bucks you crazy people are spending on flag racing instead.
go purple

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's about opening 4 packs? I see a lot of traders do this, it's to remove some region lock or something?

Yeah, if the four-pack gift sub has the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting flag, a ROW user unpacking it will make the gift copies region-free. Also, it's not possible to open a four-pack if you own the game, so having someone else do it means they get three copies back at a cheaper price than if having bought them individually.

I've just tried the demo of Bad Rats for the first time and wow this is really a bad game (no pun intended). Most of the time I couldn't choose the required objects from the inventory to solve the puzzles (I guess some objects are locked in the demo?) and once even the suggested solution wasn't working, lol?

You really must hate someone if you gift this game.

Play Revelations 2012... that one is worse.

Corpekata

Banned
What's about opening 4 packs? I see a lot of traders do this, it's to remove some region lock or something?

A lot of them already own the game, so they need someone to open the 4 pack and trade back the other 3. They'll often offer the person opening the pack a cheaper price and the go on to trade the other 3 at a mark up.

Coppanuva

Hope EYE goes back up on sale, I thought I bought a copy of it but it looks like it didn't go through fully. Hoping to pick one up later for $1.

Arthea

That's because you have the Russian version.

The game doesn't use GFWL in any meaningful way. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda just leaves the game as-is.

I have? how come? I bought it myself.

but it still requires GFWL, wouldn't that be a problem?

edited: you are right about New Vegas, I haven't noticed before, but it seems to be Russian sub in my store, for reasons unknown

Knurek

JaseC, I've been wondering. Any particular reason for SmugSaoirse.jpg?
Did you manage to find Blur for the cheap

wetflame

Pizza Dog
After saying I'd wait for a daily I decided to pick Ghostbusters up for 2 keys, £2.60 is a steal.

Debating stocking up on keys during the sale actually, wondering if they'll get lower.

AHA-Lambda

God damn it steam, I get a foil and you won't let me sell it cos of the God damn market restrictions on new devices >_<

The best you can do. Ignore bullshit and buy good games.

Funny, I was only hearing good things about nether and excitement for it in this thread before it came up on sale :/

Chaser

Apologies if this has been addressed already, but is the "Ultimate Edition" of Fallout: New Vegas worth spending the extra money for?

JaseC

JaseC, I've been wondering. Any particular reason for SmugSaoirse.jpg?

Not really. I didn't use it for a week back when I made it, and I still had the 184x184 Steam avatar for it sitting around, so I decided to give it its time in the spotlight.

Did you manage to find Blur for the cheap

You could say that. ;)

23 Dec 2011
Blur, The Polynomial, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - Chaos Pack DLC
Purchase
$13.46

This was well before I caught the collecting bug and racing games aren't really my cup of tea, so I've no idea why I bought it, but I'm certainly glad I did.

JaseC

What DLCs for Kingdoms of Amalur are worth it?

Teeth of Naros and Legend of Dead Kel are two mini-expansions each set in their own unique regions; the weapons and armour bundle is just that (a collection of items that quickly become worthless).

Tizoc

Going to gift some copies of Pixeljunk Shooter when I get home, so instead of Bad Rats and Marlow Bridges, we might get a trend ofr actuallya gifting good cheap games. :)

1.79€ for a brilliant game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255870/

Marlow Briggs is a good game and has the benefit of featuring a positive black protagonist. There are even rumors of a mod that will replace his love interest, Eva, with Saoirse Ronan.

UnsteadyHelplessBluet.gif

YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got Skyrim for $13.59 on Daily instead of $23.99, I learned my lesson!!!!

Is that falling tits?
I got skyrim complete for like 15ish Pounds off GAME months ago.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mass Effects discount isn't really that great. :/ I was hoping for $10 so I'd save $5 off the Origin "trilogy" bundle by getting ME3 for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom