• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Was thinking of partaking in some Metal Gear Rising: Revenenengeance but through the Steam forum it seems like the PC version is a half finished buggy mess, and I don't fancy shelling out a tenner just to find the ability to play the game is reduced to a crap shoot.

And New Vegas UE isn't that much of a discount. A shame all round, really.

What gives you the impression it's a buggy mess? I recall only running into one minor glitch up early in the game (the first ray fight) and...that was it. It is unfortunately capped at 1080p and 60fps, but runs well. My brother played and beat through it on an older i5 and a 9800GTX and had no complaints, though he did have to turn down the slicing debris during the last fight to get back up to 60 FPS and make it winnable, heh.

And the most you can really hope for New Vegas to be discounted is down to around $4.38 through Nuuvem, where you might run into region locking. I am biased, but I would say the $2.41 extra is worth it.

Was thinking of partaking in some Metal Gear Rising: Revenenengeance but through the Steam forum it seems like the PC version is a half finished buggy mess, and I don't fancy shelling out a tenner just to find the ability to play the game is reduced to a crap shoot.

And New Vegas UE isn't that much of a discount. A shame all round, really.

Game ran fine for me at launch. I would hardly consider it a 'buggy mess'.

nanomachines

Olli128

Okay so now i'm considering both Fallout 3 GOTY (since i just found out it's also on sale) and New Vegas Ultimate...

GAF, please convince me that Fallout 3 is inferior and outdated so i don't have to waste more money. Apparently traversing the subways is just horrible, right? Right? Yeah? Not worth it right?

Hell no, Fallout 3 is no more outdated than New Vegas. Almost everything is the same except the location and a few extra things vegas added like weapon mods. I personally prefer the world of fallout 3 and it's worth buying both for their current prices considering they each have 100+ hours of content.

I just had a look in the steam forum, there's a step by step tutorial.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

God damn Bethesda...

just watched "India game : the movie" , it was an amazing journey of indie developer.
for some reason i like more the "Free to play", gonna start with Braid soon.
Thank you so much dupy for givin me this.. i spent my whole weekend watching every episodes.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Damn, my girlfriend is using these STEAM sales to gift me the most random shit. I got the Truck Simulator Pack + Dino Horde + Farming Simulator offered to me so far.

I need to retaliate, any of you know some shitty/ridiculous games I could gift her?

Arthea

Hell no, Fallout 3 is no more outdated than New Vegas. Almost everything is the same except the location and a few extra things vegas added like weapon mods. I personally prefer the world of fallout 3 and it's worth buying both for their current prices considering they each have 100+ hours of content.

what now?

Coppanuva

Damn, my girlfriend is using these STEAM sales to gift me the most random shit. I got the Truck Simulator Pack + Dino Horde + Farming Simulator offered to me so far.

I need to retaliate, any of you know some shitty/ridiculous games I could gift her?

Offer Dino Horde right back. It's seriously the worst game I've ever tried to play.

Gangxxter

Bad Rats and (as I've recently learned) Revelations 2012.

B̶a̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶s̶
--edit beaten twice

What gives you the impression it's a buggy mess? I recall only running into one minor glitch up early in the game (the first ray fight) and...that was it. It is unfortunately capped at 1080p and 60fps, but runs well. My brother played and beat through it on an older i5 and a 9800GTX and had no complaints, though he did have to turn down the slicing debris during the last fight to get back up to 60 FPS and make it winnable, heh.
Hmmmm, maybe it's just me seeing the "vocal minority" on the Steam forums who are kicking up a fuss whereas 99% of users have no issies and don't say anything as a result.

And the most you can really hope for New Vegas to be discounted is down to around $4.38 through Nuuvem, where you might run into region locking. I am biased, but I would say the $2.41 extra is worth it.

Yeah, I've kinda resigned my self to either getting it now or now at all.

Too many games, so little time to play them...

MadGear

May sound sexist, but that Barbie Game looked "fun" in a GiantBomb QL :D But be warned, this game may actually have coop so it could backfire hard when she asks you to play it with her :D

XShagrath

Here's a spare I had laying around for a game everyone probably already has.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for XShagrath:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darksiders -- MB-60C198498401D35D - Taken by xninjav

Khrno

All games gone, enjoy guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842420.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ittle Dew -- MB-641FB698EB59045B - Taken by Seraphis Cain
Fieldrunners -- MB-95A1BA35E899A586 - Taken by redlacs
Breach & Clear -- MB-27ABB5B167943FFB - Taken by Deques
To the Moon -- MB-1DC72210CE59D27B - Taken by Blue Ninja
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-0FE89C17300E18F1 - Taken by Vandrar
The First Templar -- MB-FBBB4D9F70326A80 - Taken by Kifimbo
Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm -- MB-5B98B081EC1082BC - Taken by Knurek
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-5246539704A510B4 - Taken by Sendou
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-A3CDA73DF8BD772C - Taken by didamangi
Galcon Legends -- MB-D12570C7DB3EA48B - Taken by Vlad
Symphony -- MB-BB67081BE12A8995 - Taken by Chariot
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-74F634D41A3B6A37 - Taken by Bacardi151
Frozen Synapse -- MB-78DDEF0E2146961B - Taken by thebloo
Galcon Fusion -- MB-27294271D5635A71 - Taken by Eddz
Fieldrunners 2 -- MB-D3232D04B9E2823D - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-9509E5C0F0256E4D - Taken by kiri
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-87E3BF1D536901B4 - Taken by PhoenixFyre

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yay thanks for the Bad Rats recommendation, I'll gift it to her along with a game in the Putt Putt series.

May sound sexist, but that Barbie Game looked "fun" in a GiantBomb QL :D But be warned, this game may actually have coop so it could backfire hard when she asks you to play it with her :D
Considered it before you mentionned it but knowing her that would be the kind of thing that would get me stabbed in my sleep lol.

johnssy123

Neo Member

Ride to Hell: Retribution / Day One: Garry's Incident.

derExperte

Woke up. Uninspired flash deals. Team Purple deader than dead. Put sauce on my sandwich that doesn't fit at all. :( But what is this....

iTTvvtDSHsPXi.gif

While your taste in games is a bit questionable at times your choices when it comes to giveaways and especially the winners is impeccable. :O Much appreciated, downloading now.

Deitus

Weird, it says I already own New Vegas Ultimate Edition, but in my library it only shows New Vegas vanilla. Oh well, it probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway since I haven't even played New Vegas, and who knows when I'll get around to it.

What's everyone's opinion on Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut? I know it supposedly has better bosses, but that's all I know. It's not even a discount for me since the Director's Cut is always $5 for me. But, it's been a couple of years since I played the original, and I'm early enough in that it would make sense to start over at the beginning, so it might be worth springing for the best version. Or maybe I'll just wait until they drop the base price.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ask somebody to trade you something or wait to get an offer

That didn't work. Trade accepted and it counted the other trades. But it didn't remove Wetflame's from the announcer thing. :/ This is annoying as hell. Why would it continue to stick "TWO NEW OFFERS" when those offers have been declined/not available?

guys i bought metro 2033 on the steam sale and im trying to install it Each time i do it says The programme cants start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing

Im not a big PC guy, no idea what this is - not sure why i game i just bought doesnt work when all other games do?

Edit: OK just saw how to do it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8EH6on0m7c

not sure how they expected us to know that?

derExperte

guys i bought metro 2033 on the steam sale and im trying to install it Each time i do it says The programme cants start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing

Im not a big PC guy, no idea what this is - not sure why i game i just bought doesnt work when all other games do?

Install PhysX. http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13.1220-driver.html

There are older games that require the legacy version: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13.0604-legacy-driver.html

edit: Oh you found a solution, nvm.

derExperte

Goat Sim. But wait for daily.

Biochet

That didn't work. Trade accepted and it counted the other trades. But it didn't remove Wetflame's from the announcer thing. :/ This is annoying as hell. Why would it continue to stick "TWO NEW OFFERS" when those offers have been declined/not available?

try again and this time decline the offer/trade

Your girlfriend is pretty damn cool.

Poetic

Hope today doesn't kill my bank account like yesterday. Transistor isn't going to have a big enough discount for me to bite. I'll probably wait until the Winter Sale.

Is Deus Ex: Human Revolution worth get it? I loved the first game, despised Invisible War..

Take this with a grain of salt since I liked Borderlands 2 and everyone here seems to hate it, but I really liked HR. It was stylish and allowed me to play exactly how I wanted to. I never beat it since it technically wasn't mine but I really enjoyed the time I spent with it. At that price I'd bite.

Rock of Ages. It's actually a good game, but she will be like "The f*ck is this?!" when she plays it. It's really really weird.

Take this with a grain of salt since I liked Borderlands 2 and everyone here seems to hate it, but I really liked HR. It was stylish and allowed me to play exactly how I wanted to. I never beat it since it technically wasn't mine but I really enjoyed the time I spent with it. At that price I'd bite.

You're allowed to like something other people don't. It doesn't invalidate your opinion. And for the record, as far as I've seen, GAF loves Deus Ex: Human Revolution and for good reason. It's a superb game.

liezryou

I loved BL2. Amazing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom