• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDL50

Decided to check the OT of Divinity: Original Sin and then went to check some gameplay on Youtube.

Big, big mistake.

You didn't spoil a plot critical detail or something did you?

Or maybe you saw how awesome the game is and can't wait until the 30th to play it when it finally goes out of pre-release status.

The_Monk

What happened?

Looking really good. It could be like a big time-sink but in a good way. ;)

One of us! One of us!

Sorry, way out of my league my good man!

You didn't spoil yourself or something did you?

Or maybe you saw how awesome the game is and can't wait until the 30th to play it when it finally goes out of pre-release status.

I didn't saw any spoilers so... the other option makes sense. :p

Blue-kun

I had no idea about what Bad Rats was, but thanks GAF, had a good laugh out of it. Visited the game's page and read the (brazilian) comments about it. Apparently everyone who's writing reviews are saying the game's graphics are "dollynho".

Here's a Dollynho.

276484_284844958208681_901497032_n.jpg

Sialeeds

Damn, my girlfriend is using these STEAM sales to gift me the most random shit. I got the Truck Simulator Pack + Dino Horde + Farming Simulator offered to me so far.

I need to retaliate, any of you know some shitty/ridiculous games I could gift her?

Stop trying to be clever

I'm watching you.

522.gif

Unless it's GAF and the game you like is either Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Serious Sam 3 or Bioshock Infinite.

I liked Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite and I have never been bullied or badgered about my opinion on GAF. Sure, I've seen a lot of loudmouth people articulating their opinion to various degrees of success, but it's not like anyone told me, "Oh, you like Game X, that means your intelligent comments on Game Y is pointless."

And frankly anyone who does that belongs on your ignore list. Or should be kicked off the board. "GAF" as a whole doesn't do that, assholes to that.

I had no idea about what Bad Rats was, but thanks GAF, had a good laugh out of it. Visited the game's page and read the (brazilian) comments about it. Apparently everyone who's writing reviews are saying the game's graphics are "dollynho".

Here's a Dollynho.

276484_284844958208681_901497032_n.jpg

Hahahaha, I never noticed how the graphics looked like Dollynho.

Knurek

I liked Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite and I have never been bullied or badgered about my opinion on GAF. Sure, I've seen a lot of loudmouth people articulating their opinion to various degrees of success, but it's not like anyone told me, "Oh, you like Game X, that means your intelligent comments on Game Y is pointless."

Don't misunderstand, I have not played those games, so I can't really comment on their quality.
It's just that some posters generally here take every possible occasion to shit on them.

Randdalf

I've completed Deus Ex: HR and most of the Missing Link: is the Director's Cut worth it? I saw one Steam review mentioning that some effects have been downgraded or removed.

I've completed Deus Ex: HR and most of the Missing Link: is the Director's Cut worth it? I saw one Steam review mentioning that some effects have been downgraded or removed.
The boss fights have been improved, but I think DC is only worth replaying if you want to hear commentary and not as a replacement for the vanilla game. Missing Link integration sounds okay in theory but really messes with the pacing in practice, and the game does have its share of bugs. It seems like DC was made on an older build, pre-patched vanilla, which reintroduced old bugs that they have subsequently tried patching again, while also introducing a lot of minor bugs of its own. Mostly visual.

Is the regular version of Tomb Raider the one I want, neither of the fancy editions? Assume I'll never play the MP.

Damn, my girlfriend is using these STEAM sales to gift me the most random shit. I got the Truck Simulator Pack + Dino Horde + Farming Simulator offered to me so far.

I need to retaliate, any of you know some shitty/ridiculous games I could gift her?

Just get her some hidden object games. Bitches love hidden object games. Er, not implying your gf is a bitch or anything...I'm sure she's very nice.

TsuXna

Is the regular version of Tomb Raider the one I want, neither of the fancy editions? Assume I'll never play the MP.

Just get her some hidden object games. Bitches love hidden object games. Er, not implying your gf is a bitch or anything...I'm sure she's very nice.

jajajaj.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Decided to check the OT of Divinity: Original Sin and then went to check some gameplay on Youtube.

Big, big mistake.
Just one more week!
Stop buying games during the sale and burn through all your steambucks by buying Original Sin instead, just like me!

But seriously, the game is looking fantastic. Really looking forward to it. :)

Real Life can be a real bummer :(
So far, giving has got me lots of friends and nice words. Something good happening at least.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hacker Evolution Untold -- MB-D02FBA18C3E2BF46
SUBJECT 9 -- MB-7BABF55B8B424F66 - Taken by Couchaddict
Skyward Collapse -- MB-450969A866668B0F - Taken by nacimento
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-0F3EA83CFD9BFAF8
Hacker Evolution -- MB-66B2CEF377EE115C
Shattered Haven -- MB-0B3AA84377139E6A

t1403535264z1.png

It's a bundle I got super cheap. I have all keys double, so I'm gonna make another one later.

TsuXna

Reminder
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-39473AFFB2B3F883 - Taken by Kanokare. 32 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-3643259834568D64 - Taken by ArynCrinn. 8 entrants total.

t1403525513z1.png
[/QUOTE]

_hekk05

Banned

ycxopx.gif

Somebody told me yesterday that if I didn't admit that Game X (which I hated) was better than Game Y (which I liked), regardless of my personal opinion, that I was being dishonest and "trolling." It was said without any irony or sarcasm. He basically said my opinion was wrong because it didn't match the majority.

You didn't spoil a plot critical detail or something did you?

I did the same as him, but I realized it would blow the rest of my summer sale budget, but it almost looks worth it lol.

Somebody told me yesterday that if I didn't admit that Game X (which I hated) was better than Game Y (which I liked), regardless of my personal opinion, that I was being dishonest and "trolling." It was said without any irony or sarcasm. He basically said my opinion was wrong because it didn't match the majority.

it's hard for people to understand that different people like and expect different stuff, especially on gaf

Anteater

so many games i'm not sure on especially if that coop thing wins the vote

i'm still thinking about getting the butt theater 2 pack but i'll likely end up soloing it since my friend isn't too enthusiastic about it, but I still got a few hours.

~~Hasan~~

Never played a metal gear game.

this one is not related to the story almost at all.

and its super awesome. if you like games like Bayonetta / ninja gaiden but with a decent story, excellent voice acting and awesome characters, you will be in love with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom