• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Wait, there was Murdered giveaway while I slept?
Not that I would have won, but I wish I entered that anyway. (><)

I don't know why I keep buying fighting games, I simply don't like them anymore, it seems, including Naruto, I bought this time. It seems the last one I still like is DoA (><)
I wish we had it on steam.

How to get that ?
Btw about my giveaway, so i know the winners now. How they gonna claim the prize? Modbot sent them pm and they gonna add me on steam, then i'll give it to them ?

no, they got keys, links you gave modbot already

TsuXna

Upgrade to GAF Gold for full happiness.
Congratz to member status
How to get that ?
Btw about my giveaway, so i know the winners now. How they gonna claim the prize? Modbot sent them pm and they gonna add me on steam, then i'll give it to them ?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody told me yesterday that if I didn't admit that Game X (which I hated) was better than Game Y (which I liked), regardless of my personal opinion, that I was being dishonest and "trolling." It was said without any irony or sarcasm. He basically said my opinion was wrong because it didn't match the majority.
That's the point where you put said person on your ignore list. Or at least start disregarding everything they post.

Somebody told me yesterday that if I didn't admit that Game X (which I hated) was better than Game Y (which I liked), regardless of my personal opinion, that I was being dishonest and "trolling." It was said without any irony or sarcasm. He basically said my opinion was wrong because it didn't match the majority.

Put them on your ignore list, but before you do that, belittle them for being an idiot and send their posts to @NeoGAFShitPosts on Twitter.

There's no excuse for posts like that. But they're a minority, "GAF" as a whole does not do that.

Lain

Since the my loot command is so useful, have some games from past giveaways that were unclaimed:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-BB2908A6EC46A2A3 - Taken by PhoenixFyre
Dynamite Jack -- MB-136F40FD2A8E3E37 - Taken by derExperte
Ultratron -- MB-65E5F841A760073B - Taken by Sendou
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-76AA317D875A8D8C - Taken by Killadji
FEZ -- MB-58958B6643CB3664 - Taken by tioslash
LIMBO -- MB-BFD9565FA8C95BF2 - Taken by Mollywhopping

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Fairy Bloom Freesia was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dynamite Jack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ultratron was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dust An Elysian Tail was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FEZ was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LIMBO was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ampu-Tea -- MB-26527382EDD6BA15 - Taken by JakeD
Gun Metal -- MB-FD005EAB4975D9D0 - Taken by Chariot
Marine Sharpshooter II : Jungle Warfare -- MB-EDD05BCFC03AFB19 - Taken by factorone
Desert Thunder -- MB-D4B7AD15DF68D7CD - Taken by Evrain
Soulbringer -- MB-4622EF8E5C4927ED - Taken by ArynCrinn
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-6BA080FB87B998A9 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi -- MB-336EB05FD63B4A09 - Taken by Cyberquake
Grimind -- MB-94E23B62F7AEE06C - Taken by Dambrosi
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-D41D18A63C09135A - Taken by -MD-
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-0E8B68C9D769D107 - Taken by cicero
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition -- MB-95662F4D6AA4D1D9 - Taken by PossumMeat
Humanity Asset -- MB-84BEA423B36DDBE0 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow

Never played a metal gear game.

Also, no one here has yet mentioned the soundtrack, which is impeccable, and iirc it won GAFs voting for OST of the year. I really liked the game overall. You can read the PC OT for impressions at launch. As far as bugs, it doesn't run above 1080p60 and even if you use controller, eh mouse cursor stays on screen. Other than that, the game runs flawlessly.

DaBoss

Yessssss, Transistor! But the discount isn't much (expected) and it exceeds my strict budget for this summer (spent way too much last summer lol). :(

waby

I really hoped that no must have games on my list will pop up on this summer sales. My credit is going nuts.

edit:
wow I'm also a member now yay! Now time to go NeoGoldGAF

Sendou

I wake up to find out that Transistor is in the community vote. Please tell me you guys voted for it

I'm hoping €-folks aren't voting for that category thinking they're getting some amazing deal. Normal price for the game is 14.72€ from Supergiant Games' website. Considering that buying straight from the source gives developers more money I don't think getting the game for 14.25€ is a good deal at all.

Acccent

I don't know whether the scores are rigged by valve, or massively influenced by reddit, but I do know that this sales metagame went from being the most exciting in recent memory to super stale and uninteresting...

OmegaDL50

Is mortal kombat komplete edition good?

It's the best traditional MK fighting game since MK2 and UMK3.

It's a solid 2D fighter with a modern coat of paint, much like Street Fighter IV.

It is also a reboot of the franchise. encompassing the storylines of MK1, MK2, and UMK3 in a single game, and by that note, the story mode of the game is excellently done and is more engaging that simply selecting a character and seeing an individual ending (That also exists in Arcade Mode too),

There is also a Challenge Tower with 300 missions, oh and since it's the Komplete Edition it also includes all of the DLC.

It is the definitive version of Mortal Kombat 9.

derExperte

benrichardson

Neo Member
It's the best traditional MK fighting game since MK2 and UMK3.

It's a solid 2D fighter with a modern coat of paint, much like Street Fighter IV.

It is also a reboot of the franchise. encompassing the storylines of MK1, MK2, and UMK3 in a single game, and by that note, the story mode of the game is excellently done and is more engaging that simply selecting a character and seeing an individual ending (That also exists in Arcade Mode too),

There is also a Challenge Tower with 300 missions, oh and since it's the Komplete Edition it also includes all of the DLC.

It is the definitive version of Mortal Kombat 9.
TYVM Kind Sir.

Chariot

I don't know whether the scores are rigged by valve, or massively influenced by reddit, but I do know that this sales metagame went from being the most exciting in recent memory to super stale and uninteresting...
Just imagine a racing game like this where everyone but one get redshelled just so anybody can win evenly. Fun for all, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom