• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Misogi

Is there a way to do a giveaway with old Humble Bundle throwaways? I have some I'll never redeem as I already own and they're just sitting there, soo....

So i got 3 Beta gifts for Dead island Epidemic (Moba)

I don't know if modbot would work for this so the first 3 people to PM me with their steam name will win a beta gift for Dead Island Epidemic.

Messiek

If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible.

As I posted before, can someone explain If I need to post in this topic, or It's another one? Because in the OT1 I had more than 5 posts.

Thx : )
#TeamPink

It's true that kind of behavior is the minority, but it is at times a very vocal minority. Few go as far as to demand someone recants their opinion, but it's not uncommon to be told you have shit taste for liking something that has a vocal backlash against it.

But even short of direct attacks on individuals, there is a tendency for certain games for all discussion around them to be poisoned by statements of how much of a "garbage game" it is and how terrible and unfun the game is, to the point where legitimate fans don't bother discussing. This leaves the discussion one sided, and leaves observers with the impression that these extreme opinions are the majority. We've seen it in this thread with Borderlands 2, among other games.

I don't think we've seen that issue with Borderlands 2 in this thread. Sure you have a few loudmouths who bicker and act preposterously over-the-top like every overbearing nerd in the video game store who can't hep but loudly bellow their tastes, but generally I've seen people asking "so what about BL2 then?" and there are a handful of responses across the spectrum.

I do agree that the issue is a problem, for both games that are considered good or bad. It becomes almost a meme. I don't think anyone still finds Bat Rats mentions genuinely funny, but they keep on spreading. But what I wanted to emphasize wasn't that conversation can be hampered - it totally can - but that people who maliciously belittle others for their opinions are not only the minority, but some of the worst people on this forum. Everyone should have zero tolerance for that sort of posting and never let it get to them.

Gurrry

Hey I just wanted to say that I really hated Nether... I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

The game feels very barebones, the lag/shooting is pretty awful, no one plays it (or atleast the world seems empty) and its overall a very boring experience.

Volcynika

So the next time I need to give him a shotgun, or can he ask for other items too?

The item per shortcut will always be consistent.

AKA Shortcut A : "I want a shotgun"

Every time you make it there, he will ask for a shotgun. The second item will be different, but it will be the same until you bring it to him.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but hopefully it does. :x But yes, next time you see him at that spot he asked for a shotgun at, bring him a shotgun.

trolho

Neo Member
The only game I care to buy is CS:GO... is there a way to set up a deal alert for it?

Just put the game on your wishlist. You'll receive an e-mail from Steam if it goes on sale.

I hoping CS:GO goes as low as 2 euros like last time. I have a bunch of friends who need to buy it.

Mozendo

Hey I just wanted to say that I really hated Nether... I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

The game feels very barebones, the lag/shooting is pretty awful, no one plays it (or atleast the world seems empty) and its overall a very boring experience.
iirc it was made by the WarZ guys after a company name change.

Might & Magic X is amazing.
Here's to Ubi not killing the series...
;_; did this game go on sale while I was asleep?

waby

Might & Magic X is amazing.
Here's to Ubi not killing the series...

Yeah one of the best game I played for this year. My memorable wtf moment was that Naga boss in chapter 1.

Fcking FUS RO DAH on my face! I was not expecting that shit.

Xanathus

Question about Metal Gear Rising's region lock, it's not available in my region on Steam but if I buy a key from Amazon will I be able to activate it directly or do I need to use a US proxy?

Braag

I feel like I all ready own most of the games I want so I've only bought skullgirls during these sales.
Still waiting for Rayman though.

Lain

derder

Just put the game on your wishlist. You'll receive an e-mail from Steam if it goes on sale.

I hoping CS:GO goes as low as 2 euros like last time. I have a bunch of friends who need to buy it.

That's precisely what I'm trying to do... buy a bunch of copies for friends. How do I add it to my wish list if I already own it?

Arthea

Ah, yeah I suppose there's only a limited number of team swap tokens. Is it more that the people on the other team are just giving up rather than choosing to contribute on a day when they're assured a loss?

I actually checked, it's more available now than at day 1, but still I find it hard to believe that 100 people can influence outcome that much.

It does look that metagame is rigged, teams being as large as they are, scores should be very close to each other, I don't see any reason why it would be this way as it is now, it just doesn't make any sense from any point of view.

Have to say I disagree if you're a MG fan. Risings story was the weakest aspect of it. Its nice that it's not weighed down by baggage but the story is so simple with nothing going for it. Raiden needs to kill some bad dudes sums it up. It's an action game first and it shows. It really wasn't made for MG fans aside from the codec calls. Since MGS3 and MGS1 show you can have a great story with nothing hindering it. Since you don't need to play and MG game to enjoy those.

Games still worth the play for everyone but I'm just putting that out there since my enjoyment was hampered since I expected more.
Here's the thing: the story is actually pretty good for an offshoot of the main series. It's a story about
a mercenary group abducting children and selling their organs on the black market to further fund their endeavors.
Shit doesn't get more metal gear than that.

marrec

Banned
Sure did. But i'm now beginning to have second thoughts on whether i should actually buy it at 25% off or wait until Winter sale when it could potentially be 50%.

If it's of any interest to you at all then I'd say you're better off just spending the extra money. The game's combat system is the best I've played in an aRPG ever and it's bathed in style without an ounce of pretension.

Deus EX directors cut says that people who own the original version get a discount. Does that still apply during the sale? If so, does anyone know the discount amount?

marrec

Banned
I actually checked, it's more available now than at day 1, but still I find it hard to believe that 100 people can influence outcome that much.

It does look that metagame is rigged, teams being as large as they are, scores should be very close to each other, I don't see any reason why it would be this way as it is now, it just doesn't make any sense from any point of view.

Valve themselves wouldn't rig it so obviously would they?

The only other explanation for the runaway scores is megatraders colluding right?

Deitus

But what I wanted to emphasize wasn't that conversation can be hampered - it totally can - but that people who maliciously belittle others for their opinions are not only the minority, but some of the worst people on this forum. Everyone should have zero tolerance for that sort of posting and never let it get to them.

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree. And a lot of people like that have been banned in the past. It's not something that is actively tolerated on GAF, but it can still happen from time to time, especially in fast moving threads that are tough to moderate.

It's just frustrating because when it's an individual being actively belittling it is easy to ignore their opinions, and usually not hard to get a mod to intervene. But when a large group becomes passively dismissive it's hard to do anything other than shy away from participating in discussion. No individual has done anything bad enough to get banned over, but all the same the discussion is derailed, and you are left feeling bad about having your own opinion which is considered to be bad.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I feel like it'd be closer if it was rigged though, there wouldn't be one team way out in front and the others lagging behind. They'd want to make it look like everyone had a chance to get people crafting cards.

Oe9KNKK.jpg

Finally crafted the mighty badge

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Deus EX directors cut says that people who own the original version get a discount. Does that still apply during the sale? If so, does anyone know the discount amount?

Owners of DE: HR vanilla receive 50% off; owners of DE:HR vanilla and The Missing Link receive 75% off. Neither discount stacks atop a pre-existing one.

Arthea

Valve themselves wouldn't rig it so obviously would they?

The only other explanation for the runaway scores is megatraders colluding right?

maybe that's the point, they make it so obvious, that we find hard to believe they would make it THAT obvious (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom