• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for new page

So i got 3 Beta gifts for Dead island Epidemic (Moba)

I don't know if modbot would work for this so the first 3 people to PM me with their steam name will win a beta gift for Dead Island Epidemic.

trolho

Neo Member
That's precisely what I'm trying to do... buy a bunch of copies for friends. How do I add it to my wish list if I already own it?

I assumed you didn't have it on your account :(

One option would be to use http://isthereanydeal.com/ and create an account there. Then you can add the game to your waitlist there and choose to receive notifications via e-mail.

Or maybe some other GAF member knows a better way to do it :)

Owners of DE: HR vanilla receive 50% off; owners of DE:HR vanilla and The Missing Link receive 75% off. Neither discount stacks atop a pre-existing one.

Will I be able to play both versions or does the regular HR disappear?

I may want to purchase if but I still want to be able to play the original, as the Directors Cut removes the yellow style of the game.

The_Monk

Can I collects cards and create one badge for a game I do not own on my Library? Never done that, will the badge progress appear in Badge section?

HoosTrax

Not too fond of the second level in Serious Sam 3 BFE right now...I hope the rest of the levels are more along the lines of the first level in terms of environment and enemies.

Also, the game kind of runs like crap for a three year old game. Even on high, the framerates are usually in the 80s, and the graphics don't look nearly as nice as games like Hard Reset or Just Cause 2, which can run 120fps steady.

Will I be able to play both versions or does the regular HR disappear?

I may want to purchase if but I still want to be able to play the original, as the Directors Cut removes the yellow style of the game.

You can remove the yellow style of the game in the original HR release.

You will keep previously bought versions of DE:HR

Anteater

I really really enjoyed them.
Try playing Dungeon Defenders with friends though, some people online aren't fun to play with and are pretty anal with structures

So much this. Learning the best places for the structures on every map with friends is a blast, as well as finding the best synergies between classes. The loot and difficulty progression is pretty decent up to a certain point (more than enough to complete the maps on normal/hard difficulty, and certainly enough to get your money's worth out of it), but with the addition of some DLC and higher difficulties the equipment progression (sets, higher tiers) becomes a bit too grindy for my tastes.

Overall, I'd go for it. It's fun with friends and the RPG aspects make the tower defense a bit more involved.

thanks, seems like there's a demo so i'll give that a try

Derp

If it's of any interest to you at all then I'd say you're better off just spending the extra money. The game's combat system is the best I've played in an aRPG ever and it's bathed in style without an ounce of pretension.
The problem is that i absolutely loved Bastion's fast and fun real-time combat. But with Transistor, it seems too strategic and slow with the pausing, move-planning and such. Of course, this is something many people love, but i feel like i'd find the game insanely fun the combat system were similar to that of Bastion's. I'm really not a fan of the combat system. But the art style is just insanely beautiful, and this is the big selling point for me.

So i'm still not sure what to do...

mdzapeer

Not too fond of the second level in Serious Sam 3 BFE right now...I hope the rest of the levels are more along the lines of the first level in terms of environment and enemies.

Also, the game kind of runs like crap for a three year old game. Even on high, the framerates are usually in the 80s, and the graphics don't look nearly as nice as games like Hard Reset or Just Cause 2, which can run 120fps steady.

It gets better.

Reduce some settings, i am able to get mostly 120 fps with this game. Shadows are the biggest performance hog.

x Misogi

Thanks guys! Here goes!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-9AEE797F3C2676E4 - Taken by xewind
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-7666E53E69C41F42 - Taken by Scorpion Soldier
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-443E9F85F4FFA31D
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-5B3B000513B16CDA - Taken by Mundharmonika
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-67A6B42CA80C2F00 - Taken by Seraphis Cain
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-65878DAEA3687AB7
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-9922D46B5A6D42A1
Mirrors Edge -- MB-B3E10AEF67799455
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-939EC62ADDC2300F
LIMBO -- MB-AD6AA00056125AC2 - Taken by Mr. Smith

t1403539863z1.png

KissVibes

Banned
Do not buy Nether. The game has a pay2win model, the number of people playing is hilariously low, and the combat feels abysmal and runs like complete shit. It also quietly left Early Access without much of a big deal since it still feels like a product in a public beta.

You can do much better with 3$

marrec

Banned
The problem is that i absolutely loved Bastion's fast and fun real-time combat. But with Transistor, it seems too strategic and slow with the pausing, move-planning and such. Of course, this is something many people love, but i feel like i'd find the game insanely fun the combat system were similar to that of Bastion's. I'm really not a fan of the combat system. But the art style is just insanely beautiful, and this is the big selling point for me.

So i'm still not sure what to do...

The combat really is the best thing about the game. It's not slow at all and (for your first playthrough anyway) you need to combine realtime fast paced action with the turn based stuff. So what you end up doing is positioning, using a few real-time skills to weaken/prepare your enemies, then quickly going into turn based mode to queue up a series of attacks.

The thing is that it's VERY quick. You don't need to spend a significant amount of time planning or choosing things from a menu or waiting for enemies to take their turns. You choose your turn based actions in real time so that it FEELS very fluid.

Then again, I thought the combat in Bastion was the worst part... so you may not want to take advice from me. :lol

Strider

So you guys recommend Transistor? Seems like that game is getting a lot of hype.

"From the creators of Bastion" which I've also never played. Guess I should look into that as well?

ArynCrinn

Banned
Do not buy Nether. The game has a pay2win model, the number of people playing is hilariously low, and the combat feels abysmal and runs like complete shit. It also quietly left Early Access without much of a big deal since it still feels like a product in a public beta.

....I really liked Nether. Never had any performance or bug-related issues with it. And the gameplay is pretty fun, regardless of pay2win, TF2 is the epitome of pay2win and that ain't stopping anybody.

Chariot

I may have misjudged reddit.

Just seem to be a loud minority who thinks they're heroes of justice with an strangely active User named ohla_david at the front, who spreads his plan everywhere, ignoring critique. I didn't look much in, but this is getting interesting.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
....I really liked Nether. Never had any performance or bug-related issues with it. And the gameplay is pretty fun, regardless of pay2win, TF2 is the epitome of pay2win and that ain't stopping anybody.
Well, it's also by or linked to WarZ developers. Shady shit.

Falt

Thanks for this.

marrec

Banned
So you guys recommend Transistor? Seems like that game is getting a lot of hype.

"From the creators of Bastion" which I've also never played. Guess I should look into that as well?

Edit: The art style of Bastion is great from the images on steam.

Transistor is my favorite game of the year so far and it has the best combat of any Action RPG. Ever.

Adding to the fact that it has beautifully hand painted graphics, great voice acting, a soundtrack worth paying an extra 10 dollars for, and a unique story. It's worth the hype.

Bastion though is a forgettable aRPG that's best skipped these days I think. The story is great, but the gameplay is shallow and boring.

Anteater

Oh god i hope i win Dust @.@... It's one of the only indie games i want. That, Guacamelee and Transistor.

I think there are plenty of chances to get guacamelee and dust from modbot, I have seen those games unclaimed for hours before >_>

From what I´ve read on several forums, it made worse for people who were already with issues, and actually introduced stuttering for those who didn´t have any in the first place. lol

damn, kind of sounds like skyrim ps3 situation where some lucky people have no issues while others run into a lot of performance problems, I guess not as bad.

danielg1138

Neo Member
Shoot. So, I took advantage of some sweet (
LOL, BECAUSE CANDY
) M&M money and used it to add $5.00 to my Steam wallet, but I didn't verify the card before adding the money, so now I am officially locked out of the Market. The card won't take the registration attempt. Soooo... I guess I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to the Market for the remainder of the sale? I already deleted the payment method, but it still wants to verify it.

Probably a good thing... I'm way too addicted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom