• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

It gets better.

Reduce some settings, i am able to get mostly 120 fps with this game. Shadows are the biggest performance hog.
Thanks. Reducing some of the shadow settings and bumping everything else back to Ultra seems to have helped a bit.

I still have to get over my Zkylon-esque dislike of this level...

Arthea

I did some speculating, just for the kicks.
so let's say there are 100 people that do 1000 points for winning team each day and switch teams each day, that would be 100k points. Assuming that other people do 10 points a day (that being really generous, I know) Pink team has to have 70k members, while all others - 30K each. I would like to see someone to explain that.

marrec

Banned
Okay so for the M&M cards...

I have 30 dollars in winnings from it and I'm afraid to spend it on Steam because of the aforementioned locking of the Marketplace.

However, I have Paypal as a payment option.

So technically I could add the cards to my Paypal account and then just pay through that right?

I'm so scared to use this money because I want to buy virtual cards. :(

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So that whole reddit thing is so far on point? Wtf, I wake up to Pink like crazy ahead... and everyone else all close.

....I really liked Nether. Never had any performance or bug-related issues with it. And the gameplay is pretty fun, regardless of pay2win, TF2 is the epitome of pay2win and that ain't stopping anybody.

How is that? TF2 is more pay2fabulous, as in almost everything they sell you is completely cosmetic. You can win without spending a dime.

I have 30 dollars in winnings from it and I'm afraid to spend it on Steam because of the aforementioned locking of the Marketplace.

So technically I could add the cards to my Paypal account and then just pay through that right?

I've just been using it directly on steam for purchases that are 5.99 or lower. If you have steam wallet credit, you can use that first and then use the virtual card for the difference. Sure, you end up not using the entirety of the credit but fuck it, free is free.

using that method, i've bought Skyrim and Metro LL without paying a penny myself : )

The more expensive hat you wear the better your aim and teamwork :p
Best.+Hat.+EVER.+lol_0afb60_4176704.gif

Chariot

So that whole reddit thing is so far on point? Wtf, I wake up to Pink like crazy ahead... and everyone else all close.
Not even reddit believes, that they can influence millions of players that much. I don't know wether Valve just saw that and thought they just go with that or if the heads of this event are in bed with Valve or are unconsciously influenced and really think they have everything in their hands. But anyway, I think Valve is rigging and try to hide this with this reddit thing.

KissVibes

Banned
Can't you buy weapons in TF2? I don't play it so I really don't know.

Yeah but you can get everything via finding items or crafting them with other items that you find and/or unlock. TF2 is kinda unbalanced or can feel that way at times but it isn't pay to win. Not in the slightest.

So I guess no one wants my free beta invites to dead island epidemic :(

My girlfriend gave me one and then when I bought Riptide so we could play together it gave me what, like 5 more? I cannot get rid of them. Everyone I ask either laughs at me, laughs at MOBAs, or rants about how shitty dead island is.

We're stuck with 'em forever.

Deitus

TF2 is definitely not pay to win, but if a new player were to start playing now, they would be at a disadvantage due to not having any of the weapons unlocked. All of the weapons are "sidegrades" but some are definitely superior for specific situations. A new player is simply going to have less options available to them in terms of playstyles.

I could see someone feeling pressured to buy items rather than grind in achievement servers or idle for drops.

Derp

I think there are plenty of chances to get guacamelee and dust from modbot, I have seen those games unclaimed for hours before >_>
Hours? I've seen both games in giveaways a few times but whenever i try to claim one they get snatched instantly lol. They're the fastest to go. The only two game's i've ever been able to grab in giveaways were Bioshock (i somehow beat 30 people in a raffle thanks to Chariot) and FTL (wasn't a raffle but everyone seems to have this game already so no one jumped for it i guess).

hohoXD123

So you guys recommend Transistor? Seems like that game is getting a lot of hype.

"From the creators of Bastion" which I've also never played. Guess I should look into that as well?

Definitely. Art style is amazing, the narration is done well and the gameplay is very fun. The story is decent, nothing great though and the ending felt kinda weak. While the campaign is fairly short, it does have a NG+ mode and there are some challenges you can take to further increase game length. Even at full price I was happy with my purchase, so if it gets a 25% discount I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: Oh and the soundtrack, holy shit that soundtrack.

They're also dropped for free like candy, they're the most plentiful thing in the game.Well some Medics certainly like healing the people under the shiny hats that's for sure. v_v

Yeah but you can get everything via finding items or crafting them with other items that you find and/or unlock. TF2 is kinda unbalanced or can feel that way at times but it isn't pay to win. Not in the slightest.

Cool, that seems fair.

Knurek

Hours? I've seen both games in giveaways a few times but whenever i try to claim one they get snatched instantly lol. They're the fastest to go. The only two game's i've ever been able to grab in giveaways were Bioshock (i somehow beat 30 people in a raffle thanks to Chariot) and FTL (wasn't a raffle but everyone seems to have this game already so no one jumped for it i guess).

You know, you could actually buy those two games if you are so keen on them.
I mean, both are discounted, and might as well be featured down the line...

Yakkue

New Humble Bundle for Summer games done quick

For 25 dollars you get

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Gunpoint
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Bleed
Electronic Super Joy
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Psychonauts
Dustforce
The Basement Collection
Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord

Supporting: Doctors without borders

Strider

Thanks hoho and marrec.

I think Transistor is a must buy based on what you guys said and other impressions I've read around here. I'm not sure I'll bit at $15 but I just might. I've added it to my wishlist so if I don't get it now I'll definitely get it at some point.

Despite most people saying Transistor > Bastion I think I'll get that as well if it drops really low in price. I love the art style and I can usually force my way through meh combat if the story is good.

ArynCrinn

Banned
That's an odd misspelling of "opposite"...

Fact is, for the most uber crafted weapons and items, you gotta pay in some form or another, or trade, which is another form of bartering. So yeah, in a very real sense TF2 is pay2win, unless you want to spend 4-6000 hours grinding in tedious 3-8 sec respawns to get enough shit to actually get your kill/death ratio good. Plus, you gotta pay just to get Premium, if you didn't already own it before it went F2P.

...I never had to pay anything to win in Nether or play through the game... But, I guess it's all relative anyway.

I just got my first gaming PC, so this sale has come at the perfect time. It's crazy revisiting old console games--like Borderlands 2--and replaying them on PC. The graphical leap is astounding.

UncleBiz

http://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/28gih2/quick_and_easy_6_money_maker/
The PayPal part is what I did, was able to get the $6 on paypal then added to steam wallet using paypal.

For 25 dollars you get

Gunpoint
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Bleed
Electronic Super Joy
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Psychonauts
Dustforce
The Basement Collection

Could have been greatest bundle yet. But not for that price.

Arthea

For 25 dollars you get

Gunpoint
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Bleed
Electronic Super Joy
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Psychonauts
Dustforce
The Basement Collection

This was posted yesterday already

and more importantly Indiegala again forgot it's Monday? (><)

Hugstable

Banned
Fact is, for the most uber crafted weapons and items, you gotta pay in some form or another, or trade, which is another form of bartering. So yeah, in a very real sense TF2 is pay2win, unless you want to spend 4-6000 hours grinding in tedious 3-8 sec respawns to get enough shit to actually get your kill/death ratio good. Plus, you gotta pay just to get Premium, if you didn't already own it before it went F2P.

...I never had to pay anything to win in Nether or play through the game... But, I guess it's all relative anyway.

Those weapons are just different llaystyles, and they aren't exzctly broken enough to make up for no teamwork or skill. Most that seem overpowered usually have a downside as well.

Can someone explain to me how Dustforce is coming up as over 50 hours long on howlongtobeat? like, I could finish 2/3 final fantasy games in that span of time. WTF makes that game take that long?

Derp

You know, you could actually buy those two games if you are so keen on them.
I mean, both are discounted, and might as well be featured down the line...
I am. I'm just waiting for a daily/flash/community sale with one of them in it.

Strider

I just got my first gaming PC, so this sale has come at the perfect time. It's crazy revisiting old console games--like Borderlands 2--and replaying them on PC. The graphical leap is astounding.

This was me just after the winter sale this past year. Yes it's glorious playing old favorites from 360/ps3 in 1080p/60fps. Welcome to the party :D

Jawmuncher

Here's the thing: the story is actually pretty good for an offshoot of the main series. It's a story about
a mercenary group abducting children and selling their organs on the black market to further fund their endeavors.
Shit doesn't get more metal gear than that.

Yeah I just felt they glanced over it more than a typical MG game would felt that way to me anyway. I guess I just wanted something a bit more complex than what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom