• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Watch Doges is 20% off..Ughh, no thanks

1 percent discount for every frame per second you can expect to achieve on a high-end PC. It's so perfect

It's actually pretty cool that they're giving it a 20% discount this soon though, I can't complain about that. Better than Bohemia's discount on DayZ!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is it worth getting the Dishonored GOTYE or do I just go for the base game?

I've heard only the Brigmore Witches is really "worth" the DLC purchase. What would you guys recommend?

Both story DLCs are very good, the latter in particular. Definitely go for the GOTY edition.

Also F.E.A.R. might go on super-sale? That's what I've been waiting for. :D

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
LMFAO at the latest Community titles.
No additional discounts? Really, Valve? REALLY?

Arthea

Why the hell isn't CK2 DLC further discounted...
It was 66% off week before sale, 75% off beforehand.
WTF Paradox?

all dlc debacle almost ruined this sale for me. I can't find one reason, even one! why not only we have hundreds of day one dlcs, but they costs often three times more than the game itself, never get discounted, not included in season passes, collection editions, and never drops in base price. Situation is infuriating. Also I think I'm done with Paradox for good, simply can't take it anymore (Stardock and Sega are close too). I understand I'm partly to blame for buying vanilla games but it still sucks.
Not buying CoH2 too!

Arthea

Time to give away
header_292x136.jpg

finally came!

Kyougar

all dlc debacle almost ruined this sale for me. I can't find one reason, even one! why not only we have hundreds of day one dlcs, but they costs often three times more than the game itself, never get discounted, not included in season passes, collection editions, and never drops in base price. Situation is infuriating. Also I think I'm done with Paradox for good, simply can't take it anymore (Stardock and Sega are close too). I understand I'm partly to blame for buying vanilla games but it still sucks.
Not buying CoH2 too!

What? Paradox is still an awesome developer. The Expansion Pack DLC's are their bread and butter. And its not like they have a hundred 20 to 40 Dollar Trains each.

But I think its time for another Publisher sale.

Cerity

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Endless Space Gold -- MB-BDB1EFF4347BF526 - Taken by Servizio
Long Live the Queen -- MB-D1012E5F1DBD0654 - Taken by mrklaw
Banished -- MB-11A751E8079A667B - Taken by Poetic

t1403870886z1.png

Enjoy Gais.

Daft Bird

Alright Long live the Queen looks good enough for that price tag.

Is La Noir worth 5 bucks my interest in it is like a 6.5/10, worth it????????

Chariot

Why is everybody so excited about Long Live The Queen?
Find out.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live the Queen -- MB-B171E2C962F62C77 - Taken by PriitV

t1403871036z1.png

Eusis

Well, Watch Dogs gives some hope for Dark Souls II going deeper. And hopefully 50% rather than just 40% (would be amazing if they doubled the current discount though. You'd be crazy or in a really tight situation to ignore that.)

nacimento

The Old Gods is probably the best one and Legacy of Rome is nice because it adds retinues. You'd be just fine playing the vanilla game to start and buying DLC later if you want the extra content though.

Oh, yes, retinues are amazing. Make conquest a breeze once you are big amd powerful.

Danielsan

Also totally voting for System Shock 2 at € 1,50. I know about the bundle, but none of those other games in the bundle interest me whatsoever.

Water

Watch Dogs for $59.99?

Edit: $47.99. Still kind of a lot for now.

Maybe next year it'll hit the right spot!

When they've been giving it away with Nvidia cards for a while, would be weird if they didn't put it on sale at all, and I'd have expected a slightly more aggressive sale already. I'm predicting -40-50% doges for Winter sale.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Every single time.

Hey, we could have cut the price of Ikaruga in half. Real talk: I hope there's a hell so that everyone who voted against it can go there.

aku:jiki

Seriously, what are they doing with the repeats? Did their coordinator forget that Democracy 3 was a daily on the first day? Why is it in the votes?

I would understand the logic if it was incredibly popular games that sell a ton every time they show up, but it's Democracy 3!

nacimento

Pics were bugged so I released them from their misery.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-116AC427F2A60900
Wizardry 6&7 -- MB-B5E93DE23D695F10
Harvester -- MB-41AA17813774FD89 - Taken by XShagrath

So I tried the final fantasy 8 speed mode they put into the game... I kinda hate it. I can't bind it to a controller and it isn't really what I want at all. All I want are quicker summon animations tbh. Any mods that do this?

Dingotech

Hey, we could have cut the price of Ikaruga in half. Real talk: I hope there's a hell so that everyone who voted against it can go there.

He's saying you complained about the discount percentages before you gave the store enough time to update them.

If I missed the point somewhere feel free to ignore me. :p

Arthea

Please, for your own sake, don't be fooled by how Long Live the Queen looks!
It is Game of Thrones a good game finally bestowed on us!

How can something that's not a game be GOTY?

*adds to ignore list*
not really, but you do make one such joke too many too often, you know (><)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat Watch Dogs, and you know its going to come back as a daily aswell

Dascu

Long Live the Queen is surprisingly fun.

Can't access full store from work, so could anyone tell me what the other flash sales and voting options are?

I got a Rare from Spiral Knights tied to this Summer Sale; will it devalue after the sale? I'd like to think prices will increase a while after, but I'm no expert.

Also, which of the Prototypes should one buy if I had to buy one?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got a Rare from Spiral Knights tied to this Summer Sale; will it devalue after the sale? I'd like to think prices will increase a while after, but I'm no expert.

Also, which of the Prototypes should one buy if I had to buy one?

the second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom