• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If I buy Watch_Dogs from Steam, can I then buy the Season Pass from anywhere else I like, or would I have to buy that from Steam as well?

Yes, you can buy a Uplay code from anywhere else and it will work. It just won't show up as owned on Steam

pahamrick

Alright, I've got Summer Adventure Cards #3, #7 and #9 to give away to Gaffers who need them to craft the badge. Just send me a PM with which ones you need, and I'll add you on steam and pass em your way.

All I ask is don't take them if you're just planning to sell em on the market.

EDIT:

#7 and #9 are gone, #3 available.

Arthea

I hate these waifu/kawaii games or whatever they're called. But this sold me the game. Even if I don't like it, it has trading cards and weeaboos will be paying a fortune for them on the market

don't buy it yet! I hope I'm in time
I'll gift it to you

edited: duh, you already bought it

Jadax

So far I bought:

Kingdoms of Amalur
Valiant Hearts
Family Guy: Back to Multiverse - can't play as it's a FPS
Deus Ex HR - can't play since it's a FPS
Payday the Heist - can't play since it's a FPS

I have a problem :(

wilflare

Alright, I've got Summer Adventure Cards #3, #7 and #9 to give away to Gaffers who need them to craft the badge. Just send me a PM with which ones you need, and I'll add you on steam and pass em your way.

All I ask is don't take them if you're just planning to sell em on the market.

dropped you a PM :D

Good choices. The M&M deal has basically funded my entire summer sale purchases considering I was stuck with a $5 budget before.
Pretty much the same here. I set myself a $20 budget, with hopes of staying far under it. Was planning to walk out with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and maybe one other game.

Ended up spending around $45 so far, with 100% of it being either card money or M&M money. Thank you, gods of probability.

Volimar

Yes, it's totally worth it. Every DLC offers a lot of content. Well, Dawnguard has some silly Twillightesque drama going on, but they new weapons and skill trees are nice. I found Hearthfire to be particularly relaxing and addicting, scavenging for materials to build your home was very fun

Have it on 360. Can't believe all the iron I wasted before I got the DLC...

Deques

So far I bought:

Kingdoms of Amalur
Valiant Hearts
Family Guy: Back to Multiverse - can't play as it's a FPS
Deus Ex HR - can't play since it's a FPS

Payday the Heist - can't play since it's a FPS

I have a problem :(

Those games are not fps games

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Always wanted to play LA Noire, but I just cannot take the main dude seriously, him being Ken Cosgrove from Mad Men. :(

If your familiar with American television and movies, you will constantly be recognizing actors and actresses throughout the game. Just a tip, the first time you play, don't use a guide. Half of the fun is watching your bosses become enraged when you screw up a case.

Those games are not fps games

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an FPS that switches to Third Person when you get into cover, a completely optional move.

Kadin

Yes, it's totally worth it. Every DLC offers a lot of content. Well, Dawnguard has some silly Twillightesque drama going on, but they new weapons and skill trees are nice. I found Hearthfire to be particularly relaxing and addicting, scavenging for materials to build your home was very fun

Agree. I'm off the opinion that the DLC is mandatory, plus some of the mods I've been enjoying require the DLC too.
Thanks guys, that's all I needed to hear. One more reason to get back into the game soon. Always enjoy it when I play it but find something else to play whenever I take a short break.

So my tally is $20, fighter sale for me, got the one fighter i wanted to try, Skullgirls, and I purchase the digital upgrade to Ultra Street Fighter 4, gonna be disappointed if Ultra upgrade goes on sale for 10% less but seeing as it's $15 i highly doubt Capcom will approve a sale until Xmas.. so i just bought it..

I thought I could. Then I played Family Guy and got motion sickness. Now I can't last more than 5 mins in any FPS :(
No clue on family guy, but in deus ex there is a field of view slider; I'd recommend you try playing with that cranked up. My problems with FPS games are usually due to the fov being really small/low.

Deus Ex is so in first person o_0

Sarcasm

Considering picking up the Legendary Edition of Skyrim. I already have the base game of which I've put in maybe 20-30hrs. I've enjoyed it but not obsessively. Are the 3 add-ons worth the $13 and change? I assume if I get it, my saves and everything will still work fine right?

You can get it cheaper on reddit, I got mine for 3.5 keys..but have to be really lucky. The actual price is 4 keys which is still cheaper. It would be roughly around $9.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
giphy.gif

noone can hide from my sniping

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Striderrrrrrrrrrrrrr just go on sale already, im still angry the community chose JC2 aka that game that comes free in cereal boxes.

also pacman and double dragon go on sale as well

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

noone can hide from my sniping

I really wish people would stop posting that GIF. It gives the impression that Sniper V2 is a sophomoric humor filled title, instead of having a intricate kill cam that can display a range of shots fracturing bones and the major organs in the body.

(Not to say that the GIF isn't kinda funny though.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Striderrrrrrrrrrrrrr just go on sale already, im still angry the community chose JC2 aka that game that comes free in cereal boxes.

also pacman and double dragon go on sale as well

image.php

Strider's discount was only going to be / will only be 40% btw

Frologic

Is Banished that good? and is 50% the best it ever been this Summer Sale?

Very relaxing to play on a rainy night, I highly recommend it if you like city building games. It's not loaded with tons of features and this is why I like it. It's simple yet there's still a large learning curve if you want to ensure you have a village that lasts though many winters.

Coppanuva

Picked up long live the queen, was kinda interested the last few sales but not enough to buy until I had wallet funds today. So far got: EYE, They bleed pixels (I think that's the title), lltq. May pick up pacman championship edition. I had a really fun idea of maybe making a steam big picture based arcade cabinet, so pacman would fit in nicely.

Rhaknar

Dammit. I can't get on Steam @ work and the 3G mast is down. Does any one know what the UK flash sales are? Thank you.

Sleepy Dogs 80%
LA Noire 75%
Amalur 75%
Skyrim 75% / 66% / 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom