• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Seriously, what are they doing with the repeats? Did their coordinator forget that Democracy 3 was a daily on the first day? Why is it in the votes?

I would understand the logic if it was incredibly popular games that sell a ton every time they show up, but it's Democracy 3!

Valve is too busy counting the money the make from that silly summer metagame to bother offering good deals.

kudoboi

watch dogs just came out in Asia today. Played it via VPN for 28 hours before that and felt that the game was totally worth the $79 USD I spent on the game. Imo the quality is on par with sleeping dogs in terms of gameplay. Aiden is less exciting/ interesting than Wei Shen though.

Anustart

Hey, we could have cut the price of Ikaruga in half. Real talk: I hope there's a hell so that everyone who voted against it can go there.

Lol. I can't remember if I voted for it, since I mostly do it randomly. I'm not big on shooters, but I feel for everyone who wanted it.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Long Live the Queen looks intriguing :O Might get it...as for Watch_Dogs, I'm surprised to see it discounted already, but not gonna complain.

Volimar

Oh wow, LLTQ. That brings back steamGAF thread weirdness memories.

Is there a preference with the voting this round? Guessing people want sandbox?

Long Live the Queen is surprisingly fun.

Can't access full store from work, so could anyone tell me what the other flash sales and voting options are?

Flash:
Long Live the Queen - $2.49, 75%
Ace Of Spades - $2.99, 80%
Prototype 2 - $9.99, 75%
Watch_Dogs - $47.99, 20%

Community:
Masterpiece - Classic
FEAR - $2.50
Star Wars KOTOR 2 - $3.40
Age of Empires II HD - $5.00
System Shock 2 - $1.50

Sandbox - Steam Workshop
Cities in Motion 2 - $5.00
Kinetic Void - $5.00
Prison Architect - $10.20
Democracy 3 - $8.50

kurahador

The very first thing the trailer shows is dressing up your rori waifu in a toga.

No sale.

image.php

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watch dogs just came out in Asia today. Played it via VPN for 28 hours before that and felt that the game was totally worth the $79 USD I spent on the game. Imo the quality is on par with sleeping dogs in terms of gameplay. Aiden is less exciting/ interesting than Wei Shen though.

09tyWX9.gif

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Lol. I can't remember if I voted for it, since I mostly do it randomly. I'm not big on shooters, but I feel for everyone who wanted it.

Every single game in the block that won had already been the same price earlier in the sale. :/

Majukun

so,is long live the princess a "decision making" game?
are the choices meaningful and can you shape your story or is mostly trial and error and you need to know what are the right choices and what are not?

kurahador

are the choices meaningful and can you shape your story or is mostly trial and error and you need to know what are the right choices and what are not?

Pretty much. And it'll all ends in
----------death---------

Kadin

Considering picking up the Legendary Edition of Skyrim. I already have the base game of which I've put in maybe 20-30hrs. I've enjoyed it but not obsessively. Are the 3 add-ons worth the $13 and change? I assume if I get it, my saves and everything will still work fine right?

Sub Zero

Please, for your own sake, don't be fooled by how Long Live the Queen looks!
It is Game of Thrones a good game finally bestowed on us!

42268-Django-unchained-gif-nmZg.gif

I hate these waifu/kawaii games or whatever they're called. But this sold me the game. Even if I don't like it, it has trading cards and weeaboos will be paying a fortune for them on the market

Arthea

yes, Long live the Queen most choices dependant game you can find, probably, and number of outcomes based on your decision is huge. Not really trial and error, well, it is at first, but as your learn more with every playthrough, you get better at making choices and choosing paths.
I won't even mention that there are
12 ways
to die in cute wayhorribly, and believe me, you'll die a lot!

Anustart

I think I've completed the summer sale. I've grabbed:

Final Fantasy 7 & 8
Rogue Legacy
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Pac Man
Mass Effect
Battleblock Theater
Dust: Elysian
Poker Night
Rock of Ages
Wolf Among Us

That'll do.

DocSeuus must be happy that Steam's calling FEAR a Masterpiece - Classic. I voted for that KOTOR II discount in particular, since Bundle Stars is giving SS2 along with its friends very low, and I haven't heard the best things about AoE II HD.

cicero

all dlc debacle almost ruined this sale for me. I can't find one reason, even one! why not only we have hundreds of day one dlcs, but they costs often three times more than the game itself, never get discounted, not included in season passes, collection editions, and never drops in base price. Situation is infuriating. Also I think I'm done with Paradox for good, simply can't take it anymore (Stardock and Sega are close too). I understand I'm partly to blame for buying vanilla games but it still sucks.
Not buying CoH2 too!

I would advise to just be patient with purchases from the same developers that you already know are going to be sharply reduced and then have a multiple years long DLC development and releases. I don't get worked up because I know what is going to happen. I still buy the vanilla and long list of DLC when it goes on sale for certain games, especially when they look fantastic, like Crusader Kings II. It is my own fault if 2-3 years I see complete packs with everything at a fraction of the cost. Paradox is great, caveat emptor though.

Eusis

42268-Django-unchained-gif-nmZg.gif

I hate these waifu/kawaii games or whatever they're called. But this sold me the game. Even if I don't like it, it has trading cards and weeaboos will be paying a fortune for them on the market
. . . Huh, they DO want more for those cards than most games.

DmC had more valuable cards though.

pahamrick

I think I've completed the summer sale. I've grabbed:

Final Fantasy 7 & 8
Rogue Legacy
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Pac Man
Mass Effect
Battleblock Theater
Dust: Elysian
Poker Night
Rock of Ages
Wolf Among Us

That'll do.

Good choices. The M&M deal has basically funded my entire summer sale purchases considering I was stuck with a $5 budget before.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Alright Long live the Queen looks good enough for that price tag.

Is La Noir worth 5 bucks my interest in it is like a 6.5/10, worth it????????

Great Adventure game that was unfortunately panned by everyone who thought it was Grand theft auto take on L.A. Confidential.

You can get System Shock 2 here, plus a bunch of other games(some even good!) for like £2:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/aftershock-bundle/

Just a heads up, the games are all Steam keys.

Sub Zero

Considering picking up the Legendary Edition of Skyrim. I already have the base game of which I've put in maybe 20-30hrs. I've enjoyed it but not obsessively. Are the 3 add-ons worth the $13 and change? I assume if I get it, my saves and everything will still work fine right?

Yes, it's totally worth it. Every DLC offers a lot of content. Well, Dawnguard has some silly Twillightesque drama going on, but they new weapons and skill trees are nice. I found Hearthfire to be particularly relaxing and addicting, scavenging for materials to build your home was very fun

kudoboi

I really enjoyed watch_dogs. the game is fun enough to just go dicking around for a few hours. i actually only did side mission stuff for the first 5 or 6 hours of the game. The story is average but on content and gameplay side i felt that it was equal to sleeping dogs which is good enough to me to warrant the $79 purchase.

I didn't have any performance issues or Uplay issues to begin with other than the game not loading properly a couple of times (due to my slow HDD) and the game causing my PC to overheat (due to the lack of proper ventilation on my PC).

However, I am not really happy about what Ubisoft did with the whole E3 textures fiasco and delaying the Asia release.

pahamrick

Yes, it's totally worth it. Every DLC offers a lot of content. Well, Dawnguard has some silly Twillightesque drama going on, but they new weapons and skill trees are nice. I found Hearthfire to be particularly relaxing and addicting, scavenging for materials to build your home was very fun

Agree. I'm off the opinion that the DLC is mandatory, plus some of the mods I've been enjoying require the DLC too.

Danj

If I buy Watch_Dogs from Steam, can I then buy the Season Pass from anywhere else I like, or would I have to buy that from Steam as well?

Copons

Great Adventure game that was unfortunately panned by everyone who thought it was Grand theft auto take on L.A. Confidential.

Always wanted to play LA Noire, but I just cannot take the main dude seriously, him being Ken Cosgrove from Mad Men. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all these people in my friends list, walking around with bullets in their asses not realising that they are in fact...

kenshiro_4794.jpg

*reloads sniper rifle, looks around some more

tioslash

I really enjoyed watch_dogs. the game is fun enough to just go dicking around for a few hours. i actually only did side mission stuff for the first 5 or 6 hours of the game. The story is average but on content and gameplay side i felt that it was equal to sleeping dogs which is good enough to me to warrant the $79 purchase.

I didn't have any performance issues or Uplay issues to begin with other than the game not loading properly a couple of times (due to my slow HDD) and the game causing my PC to overheat (due to the lack of proper ventilation on my PC).

Lucky you :/ I´ve been trying to play the game since it came out but the absolutely horrendous stuttering is making it unplayable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom