• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogow

Honestly, that seems to be reserved for the flash sales. Ever since they switched to this unappealing format, the dailies have just been rewarmed leftovers for newbies without a library.

The flash sales are pretty dumb, most of them (if not all and especially the popular ones), will most likely be on the daily deals, only for much cheaper. I remember the last time, The Witcher 2 was a flash sale going for €12.50, a day or two later it was a daily deal for €7.50.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
If you can't get a Dota 2 key from GAF for whatever reason the deal is actually pretty good, you get over $15 in items I'm pretty sure. The Snowdrop set alone goes for $12 on the store

C-Drive

The flash sales are pretty dumb, most of them (if not all and especially the popular ones), will most likely be on the daily deals, only for much cheaper. I remember the last time, The Witcher 2 was a flash sale going for €12.50, a day or two later it was a daily deal for €7.50.

I hope this is true for X-COM.

Baust

Still nothing for me. I'm really just waiting for The Walking Dead. Is there a chance it'll go below $12 or whatever it was last time? Even if it won't, I think I'll bite anyway.

sleepykyo

Load up steam

New daily deals

shockeyshockeda3u9d.gif

I haven't that in a while. I still love it.

HoosTrax

I never realized how furry Bloodseeker was. I suppose he's just an anthropomorphic puppy underneath that mask and those feathers.

It was (4 dollarsish in the THQ bundle last week) all THQ games for 4$
Dude no. The THQ pack only included Dawn of War 1. Not any of the three expansion packs for it, nor did it include any DoW2 game.

gogogow

Still nothing for me. I'm really just waiting for The Walking Dead. Is there a chance it'll go below $12 or whatever it was last time? Even if it won't, I think I'll bite anyway.

Yeah, i'm waiting for TWD too, I hope it's 75% off. If it's only gonna be 50% off, then it's already at that price at Gamefly UK.

Is there any must play New Vegas DLC? I'm not sure what to do with my Ultimate Edition key because I own the main game but none of the DLC and it's a very high game on my back log. I played for 30+ hours early on but performance issues made me put it off and I haven't gone back but I desperately want to.

1-D_FTW

What? That's crazy talk. And you cherry picked the only time that ever happened.

Also, the flash deals are where a game is likely to debut for 75 percent off for the first time ever. Now, if you missed Just Cause 2 for the last 183 times it was 75 percent off, the Daily has your needs covered.

Is there any must play New Vegas DLC? I'm not sure what to do with my Ultimate Edition key because I own the main game but none of the DLC and it's a very high game on my back log. I played for 30+ hours early on but performance issues made me put it off and I have gone back but I desperately want to.

Old World Blues is my favorite dlc ever. Some of the best writing in video gaming.

Welp. I think I'm just going to buy Far Cry 3 at full price now. If it goes on sale, I doubt that it'll be a lot off. And I have vacation for the next week and a half, I'd rather spend that time playing the game, and not waiting for a sale.

I'll probably regret this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Welp. I think I'm just going to buy Far Cry 3 at full price now. If it goes on sale, I doubt that it'll be a lot off. And I have vacation for the next week and a half, I'd rather spend that time playing the game, and not waiting for a sale.

I'll probably regret this.

Check your PMs first!

These sales suck..

I think the most disappointing thing isn't even that Amazon and GMG are beating Steam.

It's that the majoirty of deals are simply repeats of the Autumn/summer ones, and in some cases not even as good (Train Simulator was 90% off if I recall).

The fact that we're getting less daily deals compared with Summer sale doesn't help either.

In the case of Train Simulator, I think the higher asking price is because they are offering the newer 2013 version.

But even that is silly since every year you automatically get it updated to the newer version for free.

If the Ys and Dawn of War games are all I am getting out of this I would still be happy.

To be fair I have picked up a couple of games, but the ones I got from Steam were farther down my wish list. The ones I got from Amazon were higher on my wish list.

There's still a couple weeks to go, so I have faith Santa Gaben can turn this around. Maybe we've all been naughty this year.

Edit: ^ actually I have less than 20 games on Steam. Just the ones I really want aren't getting good deals... so far.

Xater

To be fair I have picked up a couple of games, but the ones I got from Steam were farther down my wish list. The ones I got from Amazon were higher on my wish list.

There's still a couple weeks to go, so I have faith Santa Gaben can turn this around. Maybe we'll all been naughty this year.

Edit: ^ actually I have less than 20 games on Steam. Just the ones I really want aren't getting good deals... so far.

Well yeah. I habe the Civ 5 expansion on my wishlist but I doubt that it will get into the territory where I would bite.

HoosTrax

It would help if people read the Store description for the Dota 2 early access pack. Would prevent a lot of "I thought it was going to be F2P" questions.

Nabs

Witcher 2 wasn't a flash deal, it was priced at 60% for some time but that's it.

spk

The Double Fine bundle is 75% off @ 9.99, but I'm only interested in Iron Brigade, which is $7.50 (-50%) by itself. The pack being on sale doesn't prevent the individual games from being flash or daily deals right? Psychonauts is already -75% so..

Yeah, I really can't see myself getting much of anything this Steam sale. I have enough other games in my backlog that I've picked up in the past couple months that I can wait for something like Dishonored to go cheaper than 50% off.

I might pick up Hotline Miami and the Shogun 2 expansion but after so many Steam or Amazon sales, you kind of run out of things to get. And more recent games like Dishonored aren't quite cheap enough for me to impulse buy, considering that I know they'd likely just sit in my backlog for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom