• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

So Dota 2 is free to play . . . but I guess this pack comes with items.
I think much of Dawn of War 2 is available in the generous $25 THQ publisher pack. (And was it in the earlier humble bundle?)
Dungeon Defenders + DLC is currently in a Humble bundle pack:
http://www.humblebundle.com/

The business model for gaming is struggling. :-/

It wasn't. That's why I got it. Now between DoW and the Humble Bundle I own everything I want from THQ and it was cheaper than the THQ bundle.

Madridy

They can't exactly change the prices of other publisher's games to whatever they want.

But they can talk and work with the publishers to do a better job than what they're doing now.

It is like they're not even trying to be the go-to place for digital sales anymore, they used to have the best deals in 2008-2009 with up to 80-90% sales, but now they just slap 50-75% sale on every game and call it a daily.

Honestly since holiday 2011 Amazon have been outclassing them with each sale and GMG have been better for new releases.

It is like they've already won and don't want to compete with the other digital stores.

Sigh, anyway their loss and my gain. :)

Gintoki

Train Simulator is surprisingly fun. My little brothers enjoyed picking which train/track to use, I would've grabbed some of the trains offered but not at $9.99 a pop. Also the real winners are those that grabbed the 2012 version when it was 90% off.

C-Drive

I think much of Dawn of War 2 is available in the generous $25 THQ publisher pack. (And was it in the earlier humble bundle?)

I don't think the DLC is in the Publisher pack. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It was the original Dawn of War in the bundle.

HoosTrax

What are the chances that Darksiders II is going to end up in a Amalur situation, and never see a sale on Steam again after this year?

Bread

Banned
i'm disappointed that hotline is only at 50% for the community choice deal, any chance it will get down to 75% at some point?

legacyzero

Banned
90068-ani_wtf_cube.gif

Yep.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
DOTA 2 and Farming Simulator on sale?

Okay Valve, it's time to give up sales because they're gettin pretty shit.

Derrick01

Banned
Man these are some really weak deals (again). I have cash sitting here waiting for Steam to impress me like they used to and they're failing.

So Dota 2 is free to play . . . but I guess this pack comes with items.
Dungeon Defenders + DLC is currently in a Humble bundle pack:
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Dat Amazon. All the sites are just catching up or surpassing Steam sales, so it is a given.

They are disappointing because A) You already got a bunch of game that they display on sale B) Amazon/GMG/Others have just as good or better deals C) There's a lot of competition for sales now than before.

I got into PC gaming on 2010, and I don't remember any DD sales comparing to Steam at the time, they were far behing. Not anymore, so it doesn't give that "Holy shit, I must buy everything" feeling anymore.

inky

Ummmmm where does it say this

Ummm in the game page? Scroll down and you'll see what the pack includes. It's under the title: Dota 2: Early Access Holiday Pack

It includes 3 sets of items, a courier and a couple of other cosmetics.

Decado

damn. Got Sleeping Dogs for $11.90 and received a $6 credit. Maybe grab DMC4...so SD + DMC4 for $12.

If I don't sleep for a year I don't think I'll finish all these games. lol

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is there a way to filter Steam activated games on GMG? Want to use the last of my credit but cba to use their client for it, got no other games that require it. Almost bit on Heroes VI until I noticed it's not Steam redeemable.

Nabs

Not this sale. Looks like you will be waiting for a random Weekend deal now (or perhaps a future Humble Bundle).

Wait and see how long the Amazon sale lasts. If it goes through January, you can just use a $5 coupon on it and knock it down to $2.50.

Valve should save all the new Steamworks stuff for the final week so I can use these silly amazon coupons. I have so many now :(

Vlodril

Steam keeps disappointing.. last two sale periods have been abysmall (i know this one is still in the beginning but still). Vote for primordia although i doubt it will get picked.

Edit to add its all Varoufakis fault.

kswiston

Wait and see how long the Amazon sale lasts. If it goes through January, you can just use a $5 coupon on it and knock it down to $2.50.

Valve should save all the new Steamworks stuff for the final week so I can use these silly amazon coupons. I have so many now :(

This is also true. I have like 15 of those Amazon $5 credits, so I am holding off on a lot of stuff this sale. Hoping to get XCom for $20 or less (50% off - the $5 credit). I will probably pick up a bunch of cheaper games as well.

So far this Steam sale has claimed a whopping $2.50 from me. I caved on Prince of Persia 2008, but that's about it.

Double D

I figure I'd ask here since it's more active than the Amazon thread. Going to get either Syndicate or the pack with Bioshock 1 and 2 and Spec Ops. Ultimately my question is which game did you guys enjoy more, Spec Ops or Syndicate?

DumbNameD

Gamefly has XCOM for $25 (at least, for US and Canada), Walking Dead for $12.50, and other stuff which may or may not be redeemable on Steam. The one-time use coupon HOLIDAY10 also takes 10% off apparently.

So can you only use one coupon per game? Lame. I have like $60 on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom