• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
I'd be disappointed if not for the fact that all the other retailers are taking care of the Winter sale through Steamworks deals. Maybe I'll grab the $3.50 Batman:AA GOTY on GMG right now, I dunno.

ATF487

Is Darksiders 2 worth 13 bucks? I enjoyed the first one but part of the reason why I think was that I got it for 5 bucks.

Nice, train simulator is on sale!

eyeless

vJDLA.png
KbBKj.gif

M.D

Lol, just clicked on Dota 2 for no reason (had no plans to buy it), and instead of a price, Steam says "You already own Dota 2" and shows me a "Play Now" button.

Huh. That's weird.

It did it for me as well. I clicked, and it gives me the option to install the game.
This is a F2P game, right? buying stuff is just an option?

tjohn86

$4 cashback (on your credit card/paypal account)
$6 Credit on your GMG account.

They're different things. Yes, I don't see why wouldn't you choose $6 credit.

On a unrelated note: I STILL can't upgrade my Dead Island copy to the GOTY for a decent price? Goddamn.

I really wish this was more common. KF DLC is such a rip off for existing customers.

$4 cashback (on your credit card/paypal account)
$6 Credit on your GMG account.

They're different things. Yes, I don't see why wouldn't you choose $6 credit.

On a unrelated note: I STILL can't upgrade my Dead Island copy to the GOTY for a decent price? Goddamn.

got it, thank you

Also the Sleeping Dogs deal is awesome.

J-Tier

Meh, don't care about the steam deals anymore, after the gamersgate debacle, I've been salty as hell. Now, I'm mainly looking forwards to getting Scribblenauts Unlimited on the 24th for ~$7.50 on Amazon.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is the main steam page broke for anybody else?

See how the sixth deal is wrapping below the other 5 deals? As if the images are not the proper size and just way too wide for their place on the page.

It's hella annoying.

C-Drive

I'd be disappointed if not for the fact that all the other retailers are taking care of the Winter sale through Steamworks deals. Maybe I'll grab the $3.50 Batman:AA GOTY on GMG right now, I dunno.

This is me. I just made my third GMG purchase with Sleeping Dogs, and I'm sure I'll blow through that $6 credit soon as well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is the main steam page broke for anybody else?

See how the sixth deal is wrapping below the other 5 deals? As if the images are not the proper size and just way too wide for their place on the page.

It's hella annoying.

It's fine on my screen. No wrapping

Mrbob

Got dayum at that Dawn of War franchise pack. $9.99 for everything is a crazy good deal. Easily one of the best deals I've ever seen on Steam.

Unfortunately I own nearly everything and individual games are only 50 percent off. I only need Soulstorm and that is $9.99 on its own. :(

gogogow

Huh? Why not, if you are interested in the game? There's no way it will be cheaper on Steam.

froliq

Maybe this is the sale where I get that Dawn of War II, but I have this feeling that it will be cheaper somewhere else.

Petrie

Banned
This is me. I just made my third GMG purchase with Sleeping Dogs, and I'm sure I'll blow through that $6 credit soon as well.

yup. I don't care who has the deals so long as they are redeemable on Steam.

The entire Bethesda Bundle except Dishonored and Brink for $16? Deal of the year for sure.

mannerbot

Meh, don't care about the steam deals anymore, after the gamersgate debacle, I've been salty as hell. Now, I'm mainly looking forwards to getting Scribblenauts Unlimited on the 24th for ~$7.50 on Amazon.

Steam sales were a lot more mindblowing when they were the only game in town. This has been really underhwelming so far but at least we can thank them for pushing the other retailers to up their game. But yeah, Dark Souls and maybe Scribblenauts on Amazon for me.

ShaneB

Buncha complainers. There's still TWO weeks left. :p

It's not so much that, it's that everywhere else has already brought incredible deals, Steam isn't the only player. Kinda stinks since I hoped to just dump a bunch on money in my steam wallet, but now im hesitant with so many deals all over the place.

I don't think the sales are that bad.

Problem is most of us have most of the stuff from the previous Amazon/GMG/Steam/HIB sales. What else can we look forward to?

Most of us are bound to be disappointed from now on.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have a Dota 2 gift i'm willing to sell for....

nah, I'm kidding. I'll give it away to whoever wants it. PM me and lemme know.

metalshade

I already have dawn of war goty and dawn of war 2, is the franchise pack worth buying anyways? I haven't even played them yet though.

Tc91

Dota 2, really Steam? Don't you want our money?

I have 6 Dota 2 in my inventory, so don't even bother buying that just send me a pm with your Steam if anyone would like one.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wow, awesome Sleeping Dogs deal, jumping on that. With my previous credit and the credit they add for the purchase and the voucher it basically just cost me 7.90 vs Steam's 37.49. Awesome. Thanks!

Jedi2016

Hopefully they're just prepping up for some big deals on Christmas or something. So far, though, disappointment.

Folks are right about the other sites running sales. I mean, look at the last ten pages of this thread, mostly talking about the Bethesda deal, not on Steam, but on Gamersgate.

And now that I think about it, the only thing I've bought so far is the THQ bundle... from Amazon.

Alboreo

$9.99 for the Dawn of War Franchise Pack is insane. I was just going to get Soulstorm, but what the hell.

The rest of the deals are embarrassingly bad though. Wasn't Dead Island GOTY just 4.99, or was that on another site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom