• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a total beginner to moba games is dota 2 a good starting point?

Is the early access pack a good deal?

I was completely new to the genre as well when I first started playing. My only advantage being that I had watched part of 1 tournament and some competitive games.

It's complex. No doubt about it. But it's also the best multiplayer game I've ever played. No doubt about it.

You want to stick to 1 hero for about 20 to 30 games so you dont have to worry about learning which skills on which hero do what in each game and you know exactly which items to buy. Then you can just play and only worry about getting the hang of the mechanics of the game.

10 games in: Wow I'm starting to understand this
20 games in: Wow I'm contributing and really starting to get the flow of this game
30 games in: I'm hooked.

Since August I've put in about 450 hours and played about 380 of my 450 total matches. It's gotten really hard to play other games because everytime I think about playing another game I think to myself "You know I could just spend this time playing Dota 2".

Grief.exe

Condemned at $5.

Do it Horror-GAF! I stand behind that game 100%.

Shame the sequel never came to PC too, I loved that one better.

Games that don't come to PC annoy me.

Talk about a way for us to be able to play games across any OS and patches for higher resolutions, bug/crash fixes, and modded textures or gameplay.

The best way to preserve your game for the foreseeable future. Don't have to rely on a outdated console that may have broken or isn't compatible with future hardware in some way.

So as a total beginner to moba games is dota 2 a good starting point?

Is the early access pack a good deal?

I can get you a free Dota 2 pass if you want.

Yes DOTA 2 is a great entrance into the genre. LOL offers a more casual based game, but either way you are in for quite a hill to climb.

I would focus on just doing bot games for your first dozen games or so.

Pick up support heroes like Lich is a good way to start as well. Read as much as you can about the game.

A reminder of Hidden Deals.

Because the flash and dailies failed to deliver.

Those Stalker and Witcher 1 deals are too sexy. If you don't own these games, buy them.

Huh. I can't get any achievement in Hotline Miami, it does say that it is not working for some people when starting the game. Guess I'm one of them.

Facism

Right, i know there's going to be this great deal on amazon for Dark Souls @ $15. Is there going to be such a deal on amazon uk?

ATF487

Anyone think Rayman Origins will go below 10 dollars? It's 12 on gamefly and I'm close to pulling the trigger but I hate gamefly

Nabs

Amazon just gave me 10 dollars for buying Hitman Absolution. I did not buy Hitman Absolution. Thanks Tony.

Is the Quantum Conundrum Season Pass worth it? Currently, the available content is cheaper than the price of the pass. Are they still working on more content?

cicero

I expect that $5 amazon code to be meaningless because I'm guessing they'll just increase the prices on everything.

They didn't do that last January. In fact, they reduced a whole pile of decent games, some of which were actually free with the credit.

Apdiddy

My damage so far:

STALKER - Clear Sky & Call of Priyat
Hitman Franchise (no Absolution, I'm waiting for that to be 75% off which will be next year)

I'm leaning towards getting Darksiders II even though I got it on PS3 (I hear the PC version is the better version though). I'm hoping the season pass on PS3 goes on sale soon.

Waiting on Nightmare in North Point DLC from Sleeping Dogs to go on sale and The Secret World (50% to 75% off please!) as well.

derExperte

Is the Quantum Conundrum Season Pass worth it? Currently, the available content is cheaper than the price of the pass. Are they still working on more content?

I've read nothing but bad things about the two DLCs (which afaik will remain the only ones), sloppy produced second-rate puzzles that become frustrating fast was the general consensus. It costs not much more to get the whole package but I'll say get the base game only.

h0mebas3

Hey Everyone,

For someone studying Japanese looking for a diversion, any good titles with Japanese audio and or text you suggest to get during the sale?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom