• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Today's Damage

- Bioshock
- Bioshock 2
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Sleeping Dogs
- XCOM: UFO Defense

Total Price: $37.90

:0

Made this post a few hours ago. I'm an incompetent idiot, I meant the newest XCOM game lol.

The top 3 are from Amazon, Sleeping Dogs is from Green Man Gaming, and XCOM is from Gamefly. Now I shall wait patiently for Dark Souls and Far Cry 3. I am seriously set until Fall 2013. Summer at the VERY LEAST.

Made this post a few hours ago. I'm an incompetent idiot, I meant the newest XCOM game lol.

The top 3 are from Amazon, Sleeping Dogs is from Green Man Gaming, and XCOM is from Gamefly. Now I shall wait patiently for Dark Souls and Far Cry 3. I am seriously set until Fall 2013. Summer at the VERY LEAST.

I'm waiting on:

Crusader Kings II Sunset Invasion DLC
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (so I can play the updated Butcher Bay).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Dark Souls will be $13 on Jan 1st, over at Amazon. Assuming you have a $5 credit.

EA published the retail version (and all other DD versions) and 38 Studios published the Steam version themselves. It's been in ownership limbo since 38 went under early this year, so it has a pretty good chance of never receiving a sale again and/or being delisted. I think EA has free reign to do whatever they want with it sales wise for whatever their contract term is, so the Origin version's the only one that gets the sales :(

Gotcha, thanks.

So as a total beginner to moba games is dota 2 a good starting point?

Is the early access pack a good deal?

The game is free-to-play, the access pack is just cosmetic stuff and lets you get the game early without a key, but keys are pretty easy to get. Someone was giving them away earlier in the thread, I believe.

I haven't played Dota 2 yet, but if you're worried about the complexity something like Awesomenauts might be a good first game. It plays completely differently, but it shares a lot of the same concepts and it's really easy to get into.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not sure if I may as well hop on the Sacred 2 50% off sale right now or wait. Sacred 2 doesn't seem like the kind of game that would end up getting a daily/flash deal.

derExperte

Gotcha, thanks.

The game is free-to-play, the access pack is just cosmetic stuff and lets you get the game early without a key, but keys are pretty easy to get. Someone was giving them away earlier in the thread, I believe.

I haven't played Dota 2 yet, but if you're worried about the complexity something like Awesomenauts might be a good first game. It plays completely differently, but it shares a lot of the same concepts and it's really easy to get into.

Awesomenauts would be my suggestion as well for MOBA newbs, it's much more inviting to new players, less charakters to play/learn and more action oriented. Community is nicer too and it'll sure be a daily or flash deal.

i guess ill just ask once more and then i might buy it.

if i liked Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter 1 + 2 would i like future soldier?

also, does anyone think it might get lower than 14.99?

1-D_FTW

EA published the retail version (and all other DD versions) and 38 Studios published the Steam version themselves. It's been in ownership limbo since 38 went under early this year, so it has a pretty good chance of never receiving a sale again and/or being delisted. I think EA has free reign to do whatever they want with it sales wise for whatever their contract term is, so the Origin version's the only one that gets the sales :(

Somebody mentioned in the Steam thread that Valve cut a deal with the state to continue selling it. But being as the rights are owned by the state, and governments are stupid, don't expect any bureaucrats to realize a 75 percent sale would vastly increase their revenue. Instead that'll just keep it parked at 60 dollars and let EA claim all the digital sales.

j-wood

Anyone thinking the walking dead will hit the $10 dollar mark on steam? Don't really want to make an account on gamefly...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I believe it builds upon Warfighter 1/2, so if you liked those, so you be right at home with this one.

Anyone willing to get me Darksiders 2 franchise pack from Amazon (so I get all the keys) its like $13.50 right?

Or maybe a trade for these leftover games from the Bethesda bundle.

Rage
Hunter
Brink
Rouge warrior
Morrowwind
Oblivion

I think it's a decent trade, like $2.20 a game.

FS is a bit more streamlined, and a bit more polished. There's less auxillery supports (e.g. when in GRAW you'd get some mexican soldiers to command or something like that), but there's more to do with the equipment on your squad (like drones, synchronized shooting etc). I don't want to say it's underrated, because it reviewed pretty decently, and I'd say its a solid 8/10 game, but it doesn't get a lot of love on GAF which is a shame.

Won't go lower than 15 on steam, no sales elsewhere that I'm aware of. But GMG or GF could easily go as low / lower if the stars are aligned correctly... however if you wait for that, it might not happen, and you might miss out on this price.

FS is a bit more streamlined, and a bit more polished. There's less auxillery supports (e.g. when in GRAW you'd get some mexican soldiers to command or something like that), but there's more to do with the equipment on your squad (like drones, synchronized shooting etc). I don't want to say it's underrated, because it reviewed pretty decently, and I'd say its a solid 8/10 game, but it doesn't get a lot of love on GAF which is a shame.

Won't go lower than 15 on steam, no sales elsewhere that I'm aware of. But GMG or GF could easily go as low / lower if the stars are aligned correctly... however if you wait for that, it might not happen, and you might miss out on this price.

ok then. ill probably buy it now then. Thanks :)

Counter-Strike: GO was just recently released. I'm guessing 50% is the most they will shave off it? My cousin wants it and I'm thinking of gifting him it. What think you, GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom