• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

For someone studying Japanese looking for a diversion, any good titles with Japanese audio and or text you suggest to get during the sale?

Thanks!

The Last Remnant will let you switch to Japanese text and voice and though it never seems to get a decent deal on Steam itself, it's regularly $3-5 (for a Steam redeemable key) on other sites.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there no PC version of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow?

I forget the exact reason but I'm pretty sure it's because the game is broken on modern hardware. Something about the lighting I believe.

Amazon just gave me 10 dollars for buying Hitman Absolution. I did not buy Hitman Absolution. Thanks Tony.

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago although it was only $5. I did have it preordered at one point but cancelled it more than a month before it came out so thanks for the free money Amazon!

Zimbardo

i'm just curious ...but how do you guys go about trading Steam keys?

like, there's the issue of trust, etc ...so how do you decide who goes first when either trading keys, or paying via paypal for a key?

Dingotech

When you buy the Double Fine bundle - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18248/?snr=1_4_4__810
Would you get spare Gifts in your inventory for games you already own? (I'm sure people are sick of questions like these sorry >_<)

Otherwise is there anybody out there interested in possible doing a 4 pack for Iron Brigade? http://store.steampowered.com/app/115120/
Would work out to be ~$5.62 each.

I'm not sure it will get a daily deal or not though... it never seems to over Psychonauts.

like, there's the issue of trust, etc ...so how do you decide who goes first when either trading keys, or paying via paypal for a key?

PayPal then key, if key doesn't work or you never get it you can just file a dispute with PayPal.

HoosTrax

Imho for trades of keys, the person with either the smaller Steam library, or shorter Steam or GAF membership should initiate the trade.

For keys for money, it's usually customary for the person buying to send money first, although if the seller really has no track record, then it might be different.

mrgone

Somebody mentioned in the Steam thread that Valve cut a deal with the state to continue selling it. But being as the rights are owned by the state, and governments are stupid, don't expect any bureaucrats to realize a 75 percent sale would vastly increase their revenue. Instead that'll just keep it parked at 60 dollars and let EA claim all the digital sales.

Good on Valve for at least working to keep it available, I guess. :p

garath

So as a total beginner to moba games is dota 2 a good starting point?

Is the early access pack a good deal?

League of Legends is probably a little more newbie friendly but they're both good games. I wouldn't spend money on cosmetic items out of the gate though. Just get one of the 100 beta invites laying around.

Playing Dishonored at the moment. Game is fun but god, it's probably the most depressing game I've played in years.
Everything or everyone is dying, or wishing to die.

derExperte

Well, shit... That's supposed to be a really good game. Hopefully they get it sorted before the 5th. Thanks for the info.

And thanks for the CAG link, guys. :)

If you don't need it on Steam Gog.com has a sale too and their Riddick is DRM-free. Currently it's 7,49$ but was 3,74, maybe they'll reduce it again.

Anyone looking for the Gamersgate Bethesda bundle? I ordered two last night so I've got an extra. I'm just looking to break even on it so I'll let it go for $28 paypal gift.

coopolon

PayPal then key, if key doesn't work or you never get it you can just file a dispute with PayPal.

Typically payments are sent as a gifts which means they can't be disputed I believe. But really, there plenty of people on gaf who have done this so many times they have a long record and can be trusted if someone needs to get a game from another region or something.

Edit: If anyone has a dishonored key from a Bethesd bundle they don't want I'd be willing to pay $20 for it.

eyeless

is there any way i can get fallout 2 on steam for 2.50

like a steam key on sale somewhere else for 2.50 or something.. anything

i want it but not for 3.40, 2.50 is the sweet spot i've been waiting for, what is 66% off anyway that's bullshit why not 75 man game is like 30 years old

Necrovex

Anyone looking for the Gamersgate Bethesda bundle? I ordered two last night so I've got an extra. I'm just looking to break even on it so I'll let it go for $28 paypal gift.

Pending

I'll take that off your hand and gladly pay the $28. I still want to try out Skyrim and Dishonored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom