• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

Does anyone know if Condemned is even giftable to germans?

Because if I remember correctly is the game more than just indexed here; it is actually forbidden.

bozeman

Yes. millions of free invites are floating around the internet.

I was wondering. Just got home and checked the sales. Saw DOTA and clicked on it to see what all the fuss was about and saw that big green bar that says you already own the game and I said "I DO?!?!?!" It's not in my library or anything.

derExperte

I was wondering. Just got home and checked the sales. Saw DOTA and clicked on it to see what all the fuss was about and saw that big green bar that says you already own the game and I said "I DO?!?!?!" It's not in my library or anything.

I guess they made DOTA2 finally open to everyone? Someone else mentioned too that he suddenly owned it despite not using an invite. And it'll probably appear in your library as soon as you install it once.

bigace33

is there any way i can get fallout 2 on steam for 2.50

like a steam key on sale somewhere else for 2.50 or something.. anything

i want it but not for 3.40, 2.50 is the sweet spot i've been waiting for, what is 66% off anyway that's bullshit why not 75 man game is like 30 years old

Bro, it's like 90 cents that you're haggling over? Just skip buying a pack of bubble gum for the week or something. lol

NZNova

Hmm weird, mine looks like this:

rmXN3.png

I guess they made DOTA2 finally open to everyone? Someone else mentioned too that he suddenly owned it despite not using an invite. And it'll probably appear in your library as soon as you install it once.

That's the spectator client. I'm not sure if you'll have to redownload if you get a real beta invite.

Munin

I have a question...there's a game, Drakensang 2, that is currently available in the US store but not in Germany where I live (even though ironically it was developed here, and is a German game through and through). Publisher's trying to get it through Greenlight but I hear it's currently 75% off in the US store.

So does anybody know if somebody in the US could technically gift it to me? Or does that not work? Also can anyone check if the version available on Steam has German as a available language (I suspect not but couldn't hurt to check...I want the original VO)...

Wubby

I clicked on the DOTA 2 sale and it said I already owned it. Except I don't remember ever buying it or having ever applied for the beta / got an invite?

eyeless

Bro, it's like 90 cents that you're haggling over? Just skip buying a pack of bubble gum for the week or something. lol
i already have hella games i haven't played and so my outlook is usually i can wait until any one game is its cheapest, it's a principle rather than a concern for 90 cents. has served me well in the past, i may end up cracking on this one though cause i do want to play fo2 soonish

and also on top of all that i don't chew bubble gum

Chittagong

Gold Member
Got me Universe Sandbox for £1.74, love space stuff. But goddam if this isn't the worst Steam sale ever. I wonder if it's because we are so close to Christamas.

I have a question...there's a game, Drakensang 2, that is currently available in the US store but not in Germany where I live (even though ironically it was developed here, and is a German game through and through). Publisher's trying to get it through Greenlight but I hear it's currently 75% off in the US store.

So does anybody know if somebody in the US could technically gift it to me? Or does that not work? Also can anyone check if the version available on Steam has German as a available language (I suspect not but couldn't hurt to check...I want the original VO)...

PM me your steam contact details

i already have hella games i haven't played and so my outlook is usually i can wait until any one game is its cheapest, it's a principle rather than a concern for 90 cents. has served me well in the past, i may end up cracking on this one though cause i do want to play fo2 soonish

and also on top of all that i don't chew bubble gum

Same reason here. I would definitely buy fallout 1/2 if it was $2.50.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I clicked on the DOTA 2 sale and it said I already owned it. Except I don't remember ever buying it or having ever applied for the beta / got an invite?

It's F2P which means everyone owns it, but there are limitations in place until you either buy it or it's gifted to you. If you want a copy just let me know.

I bought Left 4 Dead 2 at the last sale (haven't played it yet).
I've read that the original L4D is different and to some, perhaps better. Should I grab it, despite having L4D2?

theytookourjobz

I bought Left 4 Dead 2 at the last sale (haven't played it yet).
I've read that the original L4D is different and to some, perhaps better. Should I grab it, despite having L4D2?

Don't quote me on this but aren't the maps from the first one a free download for the second? Me and about four or five friends played the original on 360 for hundreds of hours. One of my favorite games of this generation. The second game was probably "better" but it never caught on like the first did.

Don't quote me on this but aren't the maps from the first one a free download for the second? Me and about four or five friends played the original on 360 for hundreds of hours. One of my favorite games of this generation. The second game was probably "better" but it never caught on like the first did.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I believe the original maps are available for the sequel, however what the sequels adds is supposedly more frantic/tougher enemies. I think that the original is a slightly slower pace or something. Just going by what I recall reading since I haven't played either.

It's only five bucks, but hey, I'll be happy not to buy it since I already have L4D2. That is unless it really is a different experience and then I can enjoy both.

EDIT: Thanks Def Jukie

PaulLFC

I'm not sure why the majority of deals aren't as good as past sales, whether Valve has any control over it - but the other DD sites are showing them the way so far this Christmas.

I remember a lot of games that have been on sale so far were also on sale in the summer, and for the vast majority of them, they aren't any cheaper now, even if they're cheaper or have been cheaper on competing services.

It doesn't help that there are only six deals per day and not 12 either - that doesn't even seem sensible considering there are more games on Steam than there were in the last sale.

megalowho

Man, that Train Simulator 2013 deal is not what it used to be. I got around $80 worth of stuff for a little over $7 during the summer sale. Now the Northeast Corridor expansion alone is $20. Add on content is so expensive for that game, I wouldn't mind a little more but -50% is not enough to pull the trigger.

dreamfall

Man, that Train Simulator 2013 deal is not what it used to be. I got around $80 worth of stuff for a little over $7 during the summer sale. Now the Northeast Corridor expansion alone is $20. Add on content is so expensive for that game, I wouldn't mind a little more but -50% is not enough to pull the trigger.

Do you think the game itself (with the content packs) is good for that 75% off? Is the game accessible for newer players? I'm hearing it also supports gamepads? I really do want to get it, just want more GAF impressions.

It looks beautiful !

squicken

I'm not sure why the majority of deals aren't as good as past sales, whether Valve has any control over it - but the other DD sites are showing them the way so far this Christmas.

I remember a lot of games that have been on sale so far were also on sale in the summer, and for the vast majority of them, they aren't any cheaper now, even if they're cheaper or have been cheaper on competing services.

It doesn't help that there are only six deals per day and not 12 either - that doesn't even seem sensible considering there are more games on Steam than there were in the last sale.

could be they are holding back until christmas gifts are exchanged

PaulLFC

could be they are holding back until christmas gifts are exchanged
Let's hope so. I've been a bit underwhelmed by this sale so far. Was hoping for a Sims 3 pack as they've done in the past with all expansions, but even that didn't show up, and I'm not paying £120 for everything.

Hoping for a good deal on Anno 2070 and Far Cry 3, don't let me down Ubisoft.

RSLAEV

I bought one goddamn game so far-Drakensang something something River of Time-and the shit crashes on startup. Nice. Thanks for nothing Gaben.

imjust1n

Banned
I got so far:

Skyrim (from a neogaff member thank you)
Hitman Absolution
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Torchlight 2
Deponia(looked really cool)

Maybe more if sales are decent : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom