• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

Does anyone want the first Torchlight? Forgot I still had it in my inventory.

Hi mate if you still have that copy of Torchlight I'm looking to give a copy to my wife as she loved the 2nd game.

No worries if you have already given it away.

My Steam account is Dingotech, but I won't be online for an hour or two.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Already have all 3 flash-sale games...
shit, I'm reaching THAT point D:

Next thing I know I'll be like Jase, buying everything :p
it'd be pretty cool actually! <3

mrgone

So what was the deal with this game? Steam isn't going to have it sales anymore, but will other sites keep discounting it in the future? It would just go on my backlog, but if it'll be hard to find cheaply in the future I might pick it up now.

EA published the retail version (and all other DD versions) and 38 Studios published the Steam version themselves. It's been in ownership limbo since 38 went under early this year, so it has a pretty good chance of never receiving a sale again and/or being delisted. I think EA has free reign to do whatever they want with it sales wise for whatever their contract term is, so the Origin version's the only one that gets the sales :(

Yanksfan

Orcs Must Die 2
Torchlight II

All I need really for quite awhile. I'll prob do a few impulse purchases on some really cheap games (sub $3), but I really don't have anything else targeted.

Petrie

Banned
Ya know what would be a fair price? Selling games at market value: what they go for on eBay or Steam.

There is nothing wrong with "profiteering" as you called it.

Then take it to the buy/sell/trade thread, where such profiteering belongs.

The key is yours. You *paid* for it, and now it's yours.

You can charge whatever you want. Don't let the deal warriors take that away from you.

And they should take their marked up wares to the appropriate threads.

Sianos

Next sale is going to be the heavy hitter for me, since it'll be off-season and all those "hmmmm, maybe" purchases will hit impulse buy levels.

For now I'll try to work on the backlog and and only pick up a few gems.
Operative word: try

Toki767

Next sale is going to be the heavy hitter for me, since it'll be off-season and all those "hmmmm, maybe" purchases will hit impulse buy levels.

For now I'll try to work on the backlog and and only pick up a few gems.
Operative word: try
Still 6 months away lol

Necrovex

First item I picked up during the Steam Sale, Condemned.

And I just ordered X-Com, $20 was the sweet spot. Thanks for killing my bank account, Gaf!

coopolon

I'm starting to think $24 on Gamefly is the best deal Dishonored is going to get since Amazon doesn't sell Bethesda games digitally. Only scenario I can see it going cheaper is if GMG also slashes it to 50% and gives another 30% on top and that's only a $3 difference.

ithorien

I enjoy shooters. Very much liked BL2/FC3, I've played almost all the significant ones on PC. How will I like Max Payne 3, it's $15 on Amazon. Or should I wait it out on Steam for maybe a better deal?

I don't want to create accounts everywhere just to get great deals. Is there anybody willing to send me an XCom and Walking Dead key from GF in exchange for 30 USD on Paypal?

scotcheggz

Hmm, hugely tempted by warhammer: dawn of war bundle. As someone who doesn't really know anything about warhammer, is it still a class RTS? I'm mostly tempted by the developers being Relic and the fact I LOVE company of heroes. Tbh, I love most RTS I play so this is probably a no brainer.

The price is good, so I'm not fussed about taking a punt, it's my HDD space that's at a premium unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom