• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehalemi

Just bought Borderlands 2. I'm not sure what else I'm going to buy this year.

Yep yep, good one. Might get that myself actually.

Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

:O god speed Yoshichan. See you in a few months if you go through with it. :p

Salsa

I bought Darksiders II at launch full price and was really disappointed. They basically took out most of the things I liked about Darksiders I and put some other pointless loot-collecting stuff in there, instead of Zelda-like goodness.

It also has a god damn awful level in the middle of the game that lasts way too much and its probably the worst part of a game I played all year.

13 bucks tho? I guess, go for it

Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

:lol :), quoted just in case you try to pull a fast one.

It begins! I hate you Credo (but I love you at the same time)! Also, GREAT Swedish right there ♥ :3 You're my favorite American!

Zfl5c.png

someone else w/ Krater now? hurray!

kswiston

FTL $2.50 is one of the things I've been holding out for. $5 Torchlight 2 is another one if we get there.

Neither of those prices are happening this sale. Steam sales are pretty predictable. If the "regular" discount during the sale is 25%, the daily deal will be 50% off. If the regular discount is 33-50% off you will get 66-75% off on the dailies. The number of exceptions to this pattern each sale are pretty small.

Also, the days of Steam blowing away the sale prices of the other DD stores is pretty much done. Based on similar sales during the past 6 weeks, Torchlight 2 will probably be a daily/flash deal for $10, and FTL will be a daily/flash deal for $5.

Platy

QUICK ! Someone gift this yoshi a mmorpg !

edit :
So is the Steam version of Jet Set Radio any good?
It is the SAME as the dreamcast version with steam achievements ... same controls, same everything. Settings changed outside the game and all

Wait, so if I'm reading the real faq right, I should wait until the last day's daily deal instead of buying the daily deal today?

Lol, I'm not trying to be dense here, but when there are (I'm guessing?) two daily deals -daily daily and end of sale daily- it's a tad confusing when it's not specified which one.

Holy fuck I feel stupid even asking. For the record, last time I bought from a steam sale was three years ago, I have been working on my backlog ever since.

Sianos

Better quote this juuuust to make sure.

With practices for the next season of UGC Highlander I can't promise the same, but I'll be spiritually backing you! <3

Link Man

Banned
Does Fable III run better on PC? Tried to play it on 360, but the awful framerate and unplayable work minigames killed all joy for me.

Somebody send this guy Bad Rats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MpTF6.png

Thank you! But you've got no name, how am I supposed to thank you with no name T_T?!

jkanownik

Alright I'll do the Natural Selection 4 pack. First 3 US people to PM me are in. I will buy once I have payment from 2 of the 3. I have $30 in my Steam Wallet ready to go.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

"Get bored of it" is one hell of an escape clause.

Cramoss

yeah, yeah, you're just asking for free games

:p

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nothing for me today. They started a lot earlier this year. Didn't they start this after Christmas last year?

Oreoleo

Wait, so if I'm reading the real faq right, I should wait until the last day's daily deal instead of buying the daily deal today?

If a game you want is in a daily deal, buy it. If it's not in a daily deal, wait till the last day of sales to purchase it to eliminate any chance of it becoming a daily deal. That's it.

Recall

I'm done before I've even started. Humble Bundle will tie me over for next few weeks. Will be keeping on eye on this thread though :)

Gaaraz

I don't even know what it is, any good?
It's a hybrid FPS/RTS, you have two teams - the aliens with various classes some that can fly, some that can build things, some that can move really quickly, deal lots of damage etc etc... and then you have the marines which plays more like a traditional FPS, except it has a huge focus on team work, and you have 1 commander for each game that takes control of everything, for example they can place turrets, buildings, drop supplies, give orders etc

Check out the video here http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They are similar in idea, but not necessarily in execution.

The Deus Ex games give you what? Like 4 or 5 'real' augments (along with another half dozen or so that or more like stat boosts rather than new abilities) that change how you can play the game/approach scenarios and the game is balanced around all of them. EYE ups that number to probably around 12-20, but the game loses some focus/balance in the process. Ultimately, how much you can overlook the game's faults will determine how much you get out of it. Personally, I really liked it. And it's got style out the wazoo. And co-op! Imagine playing Deus Ex in co-op. But you can't! Only in EYE ;D
That seems nice, but I also heard it's confusing as fuck, and really hard to get into. I'll wait to play the DE franchise, and if I like it enough I may get EYE someday.

Oh, and I can't imagine how it is to play DE in co-op, as I don't even know how it plays in single player xD

inky

Hmm, I think I only want a good sale on Endless Space. I'm in the mood for some space.

Other than that, I guess I'll spend $25-$30 at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom