• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.
Are you broke, or does your Steam account not allow you to buy or receive new games?

Nobody plays the games they buy on sale. NOBODY.

If a game you want is in a daily deal, buy it. If it's not in a daily deal, wait till the last day of sales to purchase it to eliminate any chance of it becoming a daily deal. That's it.
Thought as much but just wanted to make sure. Thanks and sorry for my stupidity.

Toki767

dark souls and ghost recon future soldier will have serious sales I can feel it

They will. On Amazon.

Never gifted on steam before, apart from the crappy badge someone give me a reason to.

Gifting is always fun. GAF is one of those places where there are a lot of charitable people in the midst of all the freeloaders. Not everyone is rich and some games deserve to be played by people who can't afford them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

I'm doing this too right now. Though a few games I've already only played about 3-4 minutes, cause they were that boring.

Hmmm... Nothing jumped out at me initially but I'm eying that Prince of Persia franchise deal. Probably should just wait for the next batch of deals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are you broke, or does your Steam account not allow you to buy or receive new games?

Nobody plays the games they buy on sale. NOBODY.
I played 1/3 of the games that I got during Summer Sales so it is manageable! You just need to have some sort of plan. I'm gonna go for it.

ibhAacwYWbYWVx.jpg

KNT-Zero

I have NINETY-SEVEN games on my log.

Last three until 100 have to be actual good purchases, like Rayman Origins for $5 or so.

After that, I will only look at my game library every time I open Steam :'(

Oreoleo

That seems nice, but I also heard it's confusing as fuck, and really hard to get into. I'll wait to play the DE franchise, and if I like it enough I may get EYE someday.

Oh, and I can't imagine how it is to play DE in co-op, as I don't even know how it plays in single player xD

Haha, touche. That was a huge leap of logic on my part to assume you'd played the DE games already. Definitely play those first! (Except for Invisible War)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Question for all Binding of Isaac enthusiasts.

I've pretty much exhausted the content of the base game. I've heard mixed things about Wrath of the Lamb. Is it good or does it make the game worse/buggier?

Sora_N

that sounds awfully tempting I don't now if I should back you up or listen to my wallet and get as far as I can from steam for a while =/

Do it! Well 75% will be like $7.50? I'd bite on that, but I'm trying to avoid buying stuff unless I really want it for this sale.

bakeray

Looking for XCOM, Far Cry 3, Hotline: Miami, and the Lost Planets. Probably snag a few indie games if they're cheap.

No whammy, Gaben.

Addnan

I don't need anything from today, but I want to buy Mirrors Edge just to have it on Steam :/.

I have it on Origin from the free glitch thingy..

Jzero

I've pretty much exhausted the content of the base game. I've heard mixed things about Wrath of the Lamb. Is it good or does it make the game worse/buggier?

I thought it made it better but that's just my opinion. It added a crapload of items and bosses.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played 1/3 of the games that I got during Summer Sales so it is manageable! You just need to have some sort of plan. I'm gonna go for it.
Nope you didn't. Your mind is playing tricks on you, you were actually playing Bad Rats over and over, and beat it like 50 times already.

I do, well when I get my new PC I will. I don't keep a backlog.
New to PC gaming? You will, soon enough.

Haha, touche. That was a huge leap of logic on my part to assume you'd played the DE games already. Definitely play those first! (Except for Invisible War)
Everybody hates IW, but I'd feel bad if I skipped it. I like to play series in order, with small exceptions such as Just Cause 2 (got it for free, don't want to buy JC1) or Saints Row 3 (don't have an Xbox, and the PC port of SR2 is terrible).

KarmaCow

I think it's been patched enough to be stable. Old items seem to pop up now instead of just the new ones and the bosses have be reorganised a bit but overall it enhances the game. It definitely makes the game harder, but if you're used the base game it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom