• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelican

I'm not excited at all. My laptop can't run much and I have more of a life than before now. Can't be spending it all on games. I got a backlog to work on too. :/

Good thing I guess.

Sorry, so why actually bother posting in the Steam Winter Sale OT?

As for the sale picked up Natural Selection 2 daily deal. Happy with that price:)

BadAss2961

Wondering about that myself! Just been playing some 2k12, waiting it out. Hopefully this go around!
I think 2K12 was 50% off last year in this sale (like mostly every game that's been out for a little while), but nothing this year for 2K13. Hopefully a flash or daily will come.

jph139

Does Poker Night at the Inventory ever drop in price via Daily Deal? I remember waiting on it last sale and it never came...

Arkham City is pretty tempting, been waiting on that one for a while. But I'm budgeting myself to $25 and I already spent $10 on the new Humble Bundle, so...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Linux? Was Linux there before? :O

mannerbot

Uh, no?

Borderlands 2 $44.99
Borderlands 2 $29.99

Wargame: European Escalation $10
Wargame: European Escalation $9.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited $19.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited $20.09

Mirror's Edge $15.12
Mirror's Edge $4.99

Prince of Persia $7.76
Prince of Persia $2.49

What are you going on about?

Amazon's DD sales don't put as much on sale at once as the Steam sales, so Steam has them beat on volume. But in terms of actually good sales, Amazon's usually got Steam beat (though you have to keep an eye out and get in on those when they happen). For example, Borderlands 2 was already $29.99 on Amazon DD last month.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Still fucked on Arkham City DLC pricing. They never fixed it.

So WB, you're telling me to never buy your games until GOTY version? Is that really how you want to roll? Because I'll do it.

Derrick01

Banned
Uh, no?

Borderlands 2 $44.99
Borderlands 2 $29.99

Wargame: European Escalation $10
Wargame: European Escalation $9.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited $19.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited $20.09

Mirror's Edge $15.12
Mirror's Edge $4.99

Prince of Persia $7.76
Prince of Persia $2.49

What are you going on about?

Why are you picking games that aren't on sale to compare to a sale? Borderlands 2 is not on sale right now over there.

How about $20 Hitman Absolution? It was predictable steam would have it for 50% off, but Amazon 1 upped them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
--walks in to movies to watch 'The Hobbit'

--credits start, doesn't like font

--demands money back
I've seen worse. A friend of mine complained about the Warner Bros. introduction in the trailer (that it wasn't 'epic' enough) and got turned off on the movie.

Time for me to ruin your christmas. No meta game, more lame ass badges, weak sales that don't match Amazon, and less daily deals in place of more short term flash stuff.

The steam sale magic is gone.

And no one is surprised at all of your responses since it is a Valve thread.

I guess since this is pretty much my first proper steam sale, I'm not jaded about the lack of achievements (never experienced it, so don't know what I'm missing) or the discount choices so far, not to mention that my library of games is so small that there's just too much to choose from. So far, I'm loving it.

Salsa

ME for $4.99.

As if we haven't seen that a million times before. What a lackluster start to these sales.

this is the type of complaint I have issues with. Once someone gets a shit ton of games they start complaining about Steam having the SAME deals over and over again, where if the situation was the opposite you'd be super glad they repeat them each sale.

other comaplaints I agree with, specially the achievements one (even if this time around I wouldnt have had time to do them anyway).

Questions:

Any chance of Botanicula going lower than 75% off?

Natural Selection 2 - yay or nay? Doesn't seem like many people are playing and I don't know if I could handle another super in-depth online game on my plate. Also it could go lower?

FTL $2.50 is one of the things I've been holding out for. $5 Torchlight 2 is another one if we get there. A few other things, but they probably won't hit the price I'm looking for.

I'm kind of at the saturation point though after however many sales and there isn't much left I want (that actually gets cheap) that I'm missing.

May end up spending more on Dota 2 cosmetics.

feel

Already have my badge. That was easy :)
Yep
idB9v7mz4R8oy.png

Too easy. :(

Might get a better badge if I get the last 2 though.

I had $20 in my steam wallet, but got Intrusion 2 since it was on my wishlist and flash sale...

These sales make me glad I play less and less big budget stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom