• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTL $2.50 is one of the things I've been holding out for. $5 Torchlight 2 is another one if we get there. A few other things, but they probably won't hit the price I'm looking for.

My ideal situation would be similar to this I think. I've got 11.50 in my wallet in terms of disposable income so FTL 2.50, Awesomenauts 2.50, and Torchlight 2 for 5.00 would pretty much make my Christmas.

:p

Link Man

Banned
Holy Hell, THQ having a fire sale!

Too bad Darksiders II is the only one that interests me (already have Darksiders and the Titan Quest games).

Amazon beats Steam on some deals, Steam beats Amazon on some deals, GreenManGaming is almost always best for new releases. I'm pretty happy about the whole thing. Sales are insane these days and it feels like there's been some major sale going on for over a month. New gaming PC owners have to be losing their mind.

You only need 4 of 6 though.

66% is a losers percentage. I'm a winner dammit.

this is the type of complaint I have issues with. Once someone gets a shit ton of games they start complaining about Steam having the SAME deals over and over again, where if the situation was the opposite you'd be super glad they repeat them each sale.

other comaplaints I agree with, specially the achievements one (even if this time around I wouldnt have had time to do them anyway).

I guess they want Valve to invent dozens of new games just so they can be put on sale?

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
no room for 70s people here grandpa

Space Jam's Seal version is the true one, im sorry

J2yXW.jpg

Heathens!

Wolfie5

Oh man, i would be all over that THQ collection if I didn't own most of the games in the pack already. Hopefully there will be a better deal on Darksiders 2 later on.

Nothing of interest on todays deal for me. I would recommend Batman games for the last few of you who hasn't played it yet. Great games.

Ardvent

Questions:
Natural Selection 2 - yay or nay? Doesn't seem like many people are playing and I don't know if I could handle another super in-depth online game on my plate. Also it could go lower?

Most definite yay in my book, although i'm a biased alpha ordered who had over 200 hours in the beta. Sales are the best time to get into the game because of the big rush of players. The learning curve is steep and can be unforgiving. The greatest commanders will make the game feel like it's playing itself, and you are a small part in a big team coordinating attacks and defending intruders. I have had some of the most intense and exciting action in Natural Selection 2, and I can't suggest it enough.

On the downside, loading times are kind of long, sometimes your team just gets destroyed, and it needs some decent hardware to be playable.

Salsa

I guess they want Valve to invent dozens of new games just so they can be put on sale?

there's obviously a ton of new games each sale but I think they are put on sale on a nice balance between the old ones

my biggest complaint here is the 6 dailies instead of the higher number. I dont get the complaints about "wow this sucks [X service] has better prices!" so? that's a good thing, just buy them there, and get the occasional better deal from Steam. Complaining over nothing. What people are basically saying is that some of the better deals changed venues, but they're still available. Weird.

Lint21

Neo Member
Fuck this "sale." I just threw my Sager gaming laptop in the garbage, what's the point if the deals are this bad on Steam? Anyone who thinks this is a good sale should just crawl in a hole and slit their own throat.

I actually like the sale but I also like impersonating hour 1 Steam sale rage

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It begins! I hate you Credo (but I love you at the same time)! Also, GREAT Swedish right there ♥ :3 You're my favorite American!

Zfl5c.png

Huh. They dropped the Fable 3 price. Wasn't going to bite at 50%, but will grab it at 75% as I traded in an still sealed 360 copy for Steam Wallet credit. And my brother told me to grab Dishonored from GMG as my christmas present so my backlog is growing. More.

dosh

--walks in to movies to watch 'The Hobbit'

--credits start, doesn't like font

--demands money back
I laughed.

Also, wasn't there some sort of steam secret santa last year? Or was it the classic secret santa (I missed this year, again)?

Mairu

I'm just disappointed there's no metagame/achievement/coal thing like they used to have in the past. I liked the random achievements to motivate people to play random games.

Euphor!a

Banned
Hopefully someone knows the answer to this... I bought the Darksiders pack on Amazon, and it includes a separate code for the Season Pass and The Abyssal Forge. Now, when I put in the code for the Season Pass it gave me the Abyssal Forge, does this mean I just have a spare code for The Abyssal Forge?

52club

Snow on the way, Steam sale, and the next two weeks off. You got to love the holidays.

Picked up Darksiders 2 from amazon, the humble bundle and FTL from the developer site yesterday. Hoping for Sleepy Dogs at $7.50. Then some more indie goodness from steam.

Mihos

Gold Member
It is only "bad" because people want achievements to play .... even if it was just for a badge or a tf2 hat

I can get that to a point, once you are up around 500 games in your library, the sale becomes more of a stealth assassination game than a zombie apocalypse of gaming gore. Having an 'event' to participate in keeps it fresh.

Oreoleo

I wanted this, but heard it's a poor man's clone of Deus Ex. Will wait for the real DE 1 & 2 to go 75% off.

They are similar in idea, but not necessarily in execution.

The Deus Ex games give you what? Like 4 or 5 'real' augments (along with another half dozen or so that or more like stat boosts rather than new abilities) that change how you can play the game/approach scenarios and the game is balanced around all of them. EYE ups that number to probably around 12-20, but the game loses some focus/balance in the process. Ultimately, how much you can overlook the game's faults will determine how much you get out of it. Personally, I really liked it. And it's got style out the wazoo. And co-op! Imagine playing Deus Ex in co-op. But you can't! Only in EYE ;D

Zomba13

FUCK YOU steam. Taunting me with Scribblenauts and not letting me have it NOW.
Fuck waiting 2 months and 23 hours ;_;

If I bought the THQ pack, would I be able to put duplicates/games that don't interest me on steamgifts at all? Or is pack tied to one unifying steam key.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Separate keys? Like I said, I already have the first Darksiders.

I don't know, but DS2 + all the DLC for it for 13 bucks isn't bad. Even if you get a DS1 that you don't need.

Best case scenario for Steam is probably 75% off, and that's $12.50 and doesn't include the DLC.

Amazon deal only lasts another day, though. Decisions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

Most definite yay in my book, although i'm a biased alpha ordered who had over 200 hours in the beta. Sales are the best time to get into the game because of the big rush of players. The learning curve is steep and can be unforgiving. The greatest commanders will make the game feel like it's playing itself, and you are a small part in a big team coordinating attacks and defending intruders. I have had some of the most intense and exciting action in Natural Selection 2, and I can't suggest it enough.

On the downside, loading times are kind of long, sometimes your team just gets destroyed, and it needs some decent hardware to be playable.

I'm not sure I like the sound of unforgiving but i'll bite anyway - I love online games in which I feel like i'm part of something bigger, so this sounds right up my alley. The visuals look extremely good and I have a GTX570 so I should run it without issue.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
ITT: People who haven't even played the games they bought in the Fall Sale buy more games

I know, I'm one of them
Oh no, this time I finished Spec Ops (which I bought from Amazon) and Hotline Miami. I'm also playing The Witcher, so in fact I played more games from the Autumn Sale than the Summer one.

Should I buy Prince of Persia?
I loved Sands of Time, hated what little of Warrior Within I played and still think I'll probably buy the franchise pack. So yeah, it's worth it if only for SoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom