• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

I gifted a game to a fellow gaffer and... it came back? I have it sitting in my item box... weird. Anyone else with the same issue?

Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

You're lucky someone can't gift you The War Z anymore...

A bit off-topic, but since people have been mentioning amazon, I decided to take a look at what they have and found this. Found amazon to have much a much better sale for me at the moment.

Also, should I be waiting for a daily/flash deal for The Witcher 2? Or is it unlikely to happen?

fallagin

I got critter crunch, Ive heard good things, so why not.

Do you guys think that DMC 4 is going to be a daily deal or is 6.79 the lowest its gonna get?

sleepykyo

Does anyone think this will go cheaper?

Not in the near future. Unless the PC version of DmC retails for 60 instead of 50, they didn't even take anything off of DmC. Seems like a situation where someone could buy the individual games and then wait to see if another retailer decides to discount DmC.

Meier

Hopefully FTL goes to $3-4. I'd probably buy it at that range even knowing I won't be playing it for who knows how long.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you guys think that DMC 4 is going to be a daily deal or is 6.79 the lowest its gonna get?
I'm waiting for this badly... a lot of people are saying that it'll drop down, but I dunno ._.

Is arkham city a lot better on pc? I don't have an nvidia card so no physx

It played well on my machine (HD 7970, i7 930) (1920x1080 60fps with some dips when traversing the city quickly) with some tweaks (for the smoothest performance disable DX11 features). Also, it's GFWL, if that effects your decision.

metalshade

Making a promise right now. Credo already knows about this, but might as well copy and paste it here so that everyone will be living proof of this.

I, Yoshichan, will play ALL of the games (no exception) that I will get - be it me buying the game, or getting it gifted. And I don't mean "start the game up and then quit", I mean PLAY as in PLAY until I either get bored of it or beat it.

There. Done. I can't edit this out. GG.

Well I just took the opportunity to make you suffer for such a foolish statement....enjoy the bundle I just sent you. Probably the most boring threesome ever ;-)

KarmaCow

Sorry but this thread moves fast so does anyone know how to reset the age gate on the Steam mobile app? I don't think I ever saw the prompt, but I can't see any M-rated content now. :/

Salsa

Sorry but this thread moves fast so does anyone know how to reset the age gate on the Steam mobile app? I don't think I ever saw the prompt, but I can't see any M-rated content now. :/

that's tricky cause in the browser you ussually have to reset cache and such, or wait a while..

try rebooting your phone?

Lkr

It played well on my machine (HD 7970, i7 930) (1920x1080 60fps with some dips when traversing the city quickly) with some tweaks (for the smoothest performance disable DX11 features). Also, it's GFWL, if that effects your decision.
I have a 3570k and a HD 7850. As long as I get better frame rate and visuals than the Xbox I'll be fine

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I thought it made it better but that's just my opinion. It added a crapload of items and bosses.

do it, its better

I think it's been patched enough to be stable. Old items seem to pop up now instead of just the new ones and the bosses have be reorganised a bit but overall it enhances the game. It definitely makes the game harder, but if you're used the base game it shouldn't be a problem.

It's great.

idk but you can get it for a dollar on the indie bundle

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Thanks guys!

I'd feel kinda bad using the Humble Bundle to get it for a dollar knowing I'd probably play some of those other games too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
S3l9m.png

... I'm afraid. Thanks, metalshade... I think ._.

Borderlands 2 was one of the games on my buy list but its hard to do that at the price it's at. It's a great discount, but with only $50 in the Steam wallet you have to play the metagame of picking just the right games to buy. Hoping to make it out of the sale with some combination of XCOM/Borderlands 2/Skyrim/Dark Souls/Dishonored

Alchemy

I kind of want the new Hitman game, but I also really don't want anyone to think that their horrible marketing team did anything close to resembling a good job. So conflicted.

Levyne

Banned
Only things I am looking forward to is maybe Sleeping Dogs dlc.

But I will probably impulse buy a couple things. nothing for today though

Salsa

I kind of want the new Hitman game, but I also really don't want anyone to think that their horrible marketing team did anything close to resembling a good job. So conflicted.

Amazon has it for $20, id say its definetly worth it at that price. It has some really bad moments but the highs are really high and its the best playing Hitman game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom