• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Anyone having trouble connecting to the community areas of Steam? I keep getting error 118 (server down) when trying to access my profile from both Steam app and browser. I figure it's a victim of the sale :\.

Anyone having trouble connecting to the community areas of Steam? I keep getting error 118 (server down) when trying to access my profile from both Steam app and browser. I figure it's a victim of the sale :\.

I am. Cannot accept any gifts given to me until it comes back either.

Can't check my wishlist either. Thought it was only just me.

shaowebb

Community is getting errors out the yin yang and my guess is to make room for the major front page and store activity going down they had to kill parts of it. I'm trying to add dragonlife29 as a friend to play magical drop v with him sometime, but I can't because it wont load. Odds on this will keep having to happen as loads increase.

Steam sale is serious stuff. It takes more of a beating than Neogaf at E3 during these things.

Anyone got spectromancer? Im into card games and a magic the gathering dude helped to make it. I'd like impressions.

I got it like last year and I really like it. It's pretty simple interface-wise but I find it really enjoyable.

I like it a lot better than the Magic games, personally.

shaowebb

I got it like last year and I really like it. It's pretty simple interface-wise but I find it really enjoyable.

I like it a lot better than the Magic games, personally.

Nice! I'll have to snag it soon. Its looking like Im going to get around $150 in steam gift cards this X-mas from family.

Anyone got spectromancer? Im into card games and a magic the gathering dude helped to make it. I'd like impressions.

I got it in some sort of bundle a while back, played through the whole thing and it never felt repetitive or anything. It's pretty fun and worth it if you like Magic.

VertPin

First of all, wait for the daily/flash. Second of all, do you value playing with your friends more (are they even gonna keep playing it for long), or do you want an interesting single player experience that builds on top of what FC2 did?

I do enjoy playing with my friends, but I would love to be sucked into an awesome world. (i play dark souls too :p) and I have never touched any Far Cry games lol

M*A*S*H

Anyone from the states, willing to gift me 2 copies of TWD from gamefly? I can offer several titles from that beth bundle in exchange (incl skyrim but not incl fo:nv and dishonoured). PM me and we can work something out.

Wok

How can I use the mobile client of Steam on my PC?

I want the badge called "Shopping trip".
ibhHawqOouKr19.PNG

Danj

You need an iPhone or an Android phone. Then you can download the app from their respective app stores and log in to Steam from your mobile phone/cell phone.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ace of Spades is awesome. I haven't done much strategic building, but I love the tactical building. Being able to tunnel and build your own cover adds a lot of depth to the mayhem. My only qualm is that there doesn't seem to be any prediction or interpolation in the net code, so movement is kind of choppy. Still, not a deal breaker.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, I'd thought that you need to purchase something using the mobile app, not simply log in.

ibhHawqOouKr19.PNG

Running the app through a program such as Bluestacks will do the trick.

Edit: b10.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, have I missed any votes? I voted like 24 hours ago...

Kevin

Command and Conquer Ultimate collection I think is priced wrong on GamersGate at just $12.21. You can also save 61 cents with the following coupon: IAMANELDERGEEK bringing the game to $11 something. For 17 games. Origin only but I thought some you guys might be interested.

JaseC

Command and Conquer Ultimate collection I think is priced wrong on GamersGate at just $12.21. You can also save 61 cents with the following coupon: IAMANELDERGEEK bringing the game to $11 something. For 17 games. Origin only but I thought some you guys might be interested.

The page is showing a 100% discount for me, which seems to have the side effect of removing the ability to purchase.

shaowebb

Wait...can I use this bluestacks thing to let me play app store games on my PC? Because if so that means I can hit the Cave store sale and buy me some bullethell!

JaseC

Wait...can I use this bluestacks thing to let me play app store games on my PC? Because if so that means I can hit the Cave store sale and buy me some bullethell!

Yeah. During installation there are a few example screenshots showing games being played.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Bought Batman AC on a whim from GMG for just over $5. So far I've bought:

DMC4
Dishonored
Batman AC

All from GMG. Steam has been disappointing this time round.

Also, when the hell is Blur going to get a decent discount? It seems stuck at $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom