• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

So I enter youtube today and there's a video recommendation on my frontpage (by "Youtube") with a massive Far Cry 3 spoiler in the title.. MOTHERFUCKER!! Not that I think that game is winning any awards for its story, but still, shit sucks.

Polk

How can I use the mobile client of Steam on my PC?

I want the badge called "Shopping trip".
ibhHawqOouKr19.PNG
http://www.bluestacks.com/
try this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shows up as 51% discount still here in the US.

Must be an issue with the Aussie store, then. It's like an inverted Aussie Tax: a better deal that one can't take advantage of, rather than a worse proposal that one would rather avoid. :p

Resident Evil 5 on GMG is £3.50 with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for UK people right?
Link

Steam is not going to beat that, so would anybody be willing to buy that for me?

Tizoc

i HAVE A Question about Mass Effect on Steam:
Does ME1 come with ALL the DLC? My region only shows ME1 and ME2 Digital Deluxe, so do both come with all their respective DLC?

Eusis

i HAVE A Question about Mass Effect on Steam:
Does ME1 come with ALL the DLC? My region only shows ME1 and ME2 Digital Deluxe, so do both come with all their respective DLC?
You'll need to download Bring Down the Sky separately because EA/Bioware were insane there, and ME2 will definitely need to have the DLC purchased on Bioware's store.

Kevin

I just ordered the Battlefield Premium but I get a message saying my order is under review and it's not listing my game. Any reason this may be happening?

remz

Did you miss this part? 'CD KEY Download for PC'

I'm not a complete idiot, this was the message it gave me when I entered my payment details and tried to buy the CD key. I'm not sure if this may have occured to anyone, but could it be possible that this deal doesn't work in Australia due to regional locking, maybe? Could that potentially be the issue where? As opposed to me being too stupid to read the CD Key download part, that I was aimed to get in the first place?

I'm aware nothing has to be shipped, fuck.

Can't buy from Spain, are those steam keys anyway?

Origin, I imagine. I used the IAMANELDERGEEK and got an extra 5% off, making it $11.88. Worth it just so I don't have to dig out my C&C: The First Decade discs to play some more Generals: Zero Hour.

Any place beating gamefly's $5 hotline miami? Missed the promo code ]:

Oh man, I must've barely got my Dishonored and The Walking Dead in time! *Checks* Yup, used at 11:51 PM. I didn't even realize that it was expiring that soon!

Echoplx

I'm not a complete idiot, this was the message it gave me when I entered my payment details and tried to buy the CD key. I'm not sure if this may have occured to anyone, but could it be possible that this deal doesn't work in Australia due to regional locking, maybe? Could that potentially be the issue where? As opposed to me being too stupid to read the CD Key download part, that I was aimed to get in the first place?

I'm aware nothing has to be shipped, fuck.

Wasn't implying you were stupid, sorry if it came off like that :(

I'm pretty sure that's just a system problem, it doesn't look like they are properly equipped for DD so if you enter a non UK address it would still block you as if it were a retail purchase, find a random UK shipping address and use that.

I want to grab dark souls for 15 on amazon right now... but debating if I should wait for steam sale @.@.

Amazon has dark soul priced for 17.99 on the 26th as well so not exactly sure whats happening there.

Echoplx

I want to grab dark souls for 15 on amazon right now... but debating if I should wait for steam sale @.@.

Amazon has dark soul priced for 17.99 on the 26th as well so not exactly sure whats happening there.

The 18$ sale goes into January i believe, making it work with the 5$ credit, bringing it down to 13$

metalshade

I just ordered the Battlefield Premium but I get a message saying my order is under review and it's not listing my game. Any reason this may be happening?

I got a screen saying its under manual review, but I got a PayPal receipt, so that means I got it, right?
edit: they just updated my account, gottit. Bf 3 and premium for £16.21 or near enough. Awesome.

Toki767

It's priced at $18 there because people's $5 off coupons will activate during the new year so they'll be getting it for $13.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope Tony has Steam keys for the Far Cry 3 DDE by January. So far nothing's come of the retail subs that were added to the registry last month.

Chris R

Amazon's Dark Souls is a steam key right? If so I think I'll just grab it there because it won't be lower than $15 this sale on steam directly.

dreamfall

Any chance at a Steam Kingdoms of Amalur + DLC sale? Want to bite on the Amazon Origin sale, but would much rather prefer it on Steam.

Toki767

Amazon's Dark Souls is a steam key right? If so I think I'll just grab it there because it won't be lower than $15 this sale on steam directly.

Yep it's a Steam key. I'm tempted to get it too but I feel like I might end up ragequitting from it.

Any chance at a Steam Kingdoms of Amalur + DLC sale? Want to bite on the Amazon Origin sale, but would much rather prefer it on Steam.

Doubtful. The developers of KoA self-published onto Steam, but now that they're under, apparently discounts are no longer possible -- at least until something gets done with the rights to the Steam version.

Here's a list of games everyone should buy from Amazon right now

• Dark Souls
Enjoy.
It's a Steam key and I doubt it'll be cheaper on Steam. It's also the best game ever.

frozzted

Cheapest I've ever seen it is $8 US (Base game, Origin version, GMG - 75% off + discount code).

I've never seen it go on sale on Steam.

**Edit** Apparently the collection, base game, and dlc have been 33% off earlier this year, in April.

Seance

Banned
Oh FFS Gamefly wants to call to confirm about my order? I made a Gamefly account with a phony US billing address and they sent me an email...

Dear Gamer,

Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following times, Monday –Friday from 8AM CST to 7PM CST and Saturday/Sunday from 8AM CST to 6PM CST.

You are also welcome to call us directly at 888-986-6400 Monday-Friday during our phone hours of 12:00PM-4:00PM CST.

If there is a time that works best for you, please let us know and we would be more than happy to reach out to you to authorize this order so you can start enjoying the game!

We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

The GameFly Tech Team

They better just email.....

dreamfall

Well, hell. Thanks for the heads up, GAF. Keeping hope alive, until the last second on the Amazon sale!

Oh, Origin. You shall be unloved !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom