• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh FFS Gamefly wants to call to confirm about my order? I made a Gamefly account with a phony US billing address and they sent me an email...

They better just email.....

Gamefly doesn't take kindly to international orders; the order will be cancelled and your account closed:

In my experience, Gamefly is very anal about international orders. I tried ordering a Lego game about a month or so ago and used a fake US address (Google's HQ, as always). After the order was submitted, the auto-reply stated that it would need to be manually verified, so I decided to take the initiative, informing Gamefly that while my nominated billing address was fake, the order itself was indeed legit as I was an international customer. Some hours later, I received a response from a CSR saying my order had been cancelled due to "inconsistencies", and when I visited the website a notification informed me of my account being [closed].

Nert

Dear Esther doesn't look bad, what do you guys think?

For $2.50, it's absolutely worth experiencing, as long as you know what you're getting into. Given the "they're not even REAL games" waves of backlash that Journey and The Walking Dead received this year, some people on this forum would really dislike Dear Esther, where your input never exceeds walking and looking at stuff :p

Wok

I would say it's an experience worth having for $2.50. It is a little short but at that price it's hard to complain.

It really depends on the player.

vTYR0.png

Nabs

I know you guys aren't happy about it, but I'd like more software on Steam. These sales could be good in the future.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cheapest I've ever seen it is $8 US (Base game, Origin version, GMG - 75% off + discount code).

I've never seen it go on sale on Steam.

**Edit** Apparently the collection, base game, and dlc have been 33% off earlier this year, in April.

It hasn't been on sale since 38 Studios closed its doors, though, and at this point probably never will be again. That said, somebody close to the situation clearly knows about Steam as the game is still being sold ~seven months after the company went bust.

I'm tempted on Dark Souls already. Do the $5 coupons stack on one purchase in January? Nevermind, it says it in the fine print. "Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time." Darn.

RSLAEV

Here's a list of games everyone should buy from Amazon right now

• Dark Souls
Enjoy.
It's a Steam key and I doubt it'll be cheaper on Steam. It's also the best game ever.

Purchased and activated. This game broke me on the PS3 but I have to finish it.

Danj

I would like to emulate this process on my PC.

You could try installing the Bluestacks Android App Player and see if you can find the Steam APK for download on some forum somewhere. But I could never get Bluestacks to work, so your milage may vary.

Tame

Well, I'm off for some rest. A weekend in Scotland awaits me. Pretty sure there's no technology in Scotland, let alone internet. They may have just discovered Steam/the combustion engine. (Love Scotland really).

internet? does it come deep fried?

frozzted

You could try installing the Bluestacks Android App Player and see if you can find the Steam APK for download on some forum somewhere. But I could never get Bluestacks to work, so your milage may vary.

I just installed Bluestacks , searched for the Steam app within the program, and installed it. Had no problems logging in.

Momentary

Banned
At first I was pissed about the photo editing software taking up space... Now that I've read reviews on it, I actually want to purchase it along with the Movie Edit Pro. I don't have any photo editing or video editing at all. Anyone here anything negative about these two programs?

Double

Hey, so the Gamelfy-coupon is not working anymore, did I read that right? Only 50% Walking Dead, I was hoping for more, Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom