• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

OniShiro

Banned
This sale totally sucks.

I'm thinking of getting "Magic The Gathering 2012", is it worth it now that 2013 is out? is still people playing it?

Also is "Total War Battles : Shogun" any good? The video looks nice, but it's based on an IOS game.

kswiston

I don't think so, not unless they are too lazy to check Amazon(at the least) before pressing the buy button.

That argument isn't really valid anymore because these deals aren't 80%+ and therefore not all that great.

Yup

Out of the last 50 games that I have registered on Steam, only 8 were actually purchased on Steam.

Tizoc

This sale totally sucks.

I'm thinking of getting "Magic The Gathering 2012", is it worth it now that 2013 is out? is still people playing it?

Also is "Total War Battles : Shogun" any good? The video looks nice, but it's based on an IOS game.

Wait the Steam page shows a gameplay vid of the iOS ver.? Or are you saying the TW game is based on an iOS game?

RyL

Banned
Can someone gift me Dead Island? It's not available here in Germany.
I still live in Germany and will probably spend christmas over here instead of Trentino where I'm acutally from. (I was supposed to be back home actually but because of work I'm still here)

Payment via paypal + fees = 7.50USD I think? (if it's wrong correct me, I don't know how much the fees are / the % is)

(also, I'm gonna pay first just to be sure... because my credit card/bank account acts funny sometimes with paypal, denying payment etc. but that happens very rarely)

pm me if interested

// Done! Big thanks to NekoToshiro

snack

Looking to trade a Batman Arkham City: Game of the Year or Batman AA (both I got from GMG) for Hotline Miami. PM me if interested.

Echoplx

Wow Ace of Spades looks completely different from the original, it used to be more tactical and building/destroying had a much bigger impact on how the game played out, now it kinda just looks like, well, tf2.

Eusis

Yep, and I voted for it. idgaf
I hope it ends up being bigger if it wins, because if it wins and it's exactly the same then what the fuck.

Should've just played it safe and voted TWD for everyone who wants it (and maybe to gift to my brother, but I think he's put off on the whole zombie thing now despite being more interested in the TV series than I ever was).

Hadn't played The Witcher before, randomly bought it for $2.49... and yeah this is the best game I will ever get for this cheap. Holy shit it is good.

I hope it ends up being bigger if it wins, because if it wins and it's exactly the same then what the fuck.

Should've just played it safe and voted TWD for everyone who wants it (and maybe to gift to my brother, but I think he's put off on the whole zombie thing now despite being more interested in the TV series than I ever was).
Vote Deadlight instead.
TWD will be $12.49 on Amazon at 12/27-12/29

Wads

Banned
TWD will be $12.49 on Amazon at 12/27-12/29

Since I guess not everybody has seen it. Walking dead 9.99 after code HOLIDAY20 at gamefly.com. Uses steamworks so you can just add it to steam.

VertPin

Black Ops2, or Far Cry 3 Gaf?

Black Ops 2: Friends playing it, but I already own it on WiiU (no one in my friend group owns it on WiiU, and no one plays on WiiU...yet) Oh, and I want Nuketown 2025. (Multiplayer based, already played through the campaign).

Far Cry 3: "Like Skyrim with Guns" Is it really? Because I love Fallout 3/NV. I have seen very little of the game, been seeing it get praised for a while. I would be going in super low expectations. Right now my brain is saying "generic COD campaign shooter".

I thought this may be the appropriate topic to ask it in...money doesn't matter. Which one to buy on Steam guys? :)

BearPawB

Banned

Black Ops 2: Friends playing it, but I already own it on WiiU (no one in my friend group owns it on WiiU, and no one plays on WiiU...yet) Oh, and I want Nuketown 2025. (Multiplayer based, already played through the campaign).

Far Cry 3: "Like Skyrim with Guns" Is it really? Because I love Fallout 3/NV. I have seen very little of the game, been seeing it get praised for a while. I would be going in super low expectations. Right now my brain is saying "generic COD campaign shooter".

I thought this may be the appropriate topic to ask it in...money doesn't matter. Which one to buy on Steam guys? :)

far cry 3 is def not COD. but it is also not skyrim. Big world to explore, fun stuff to do. Maybe not as great as some have made it out to be, but fun.

Artofwar420

First of all, wait for the daily/flash. Second of all, do you value playing with your friends more (are they even gonna keep playing it for long), or do you want an interesting single player experience that builds on top of what FC2 did?

jediyoshi

If you see Far Cry 3 and equate COD somewhere in there, you may be thinking too highly off COD's campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom