• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, not sure if I want to go through the hassle of finding a US address though.

Are there random generators for that BTW? For US addresses.
It's currently $6 on Amazon. All you need to do is add/use a US billing address (any US Google office will suffice).

Edit:
Didn't work. Like I said, both of my credit cards act funny sometimes. At least with paypal I can use Giropay. (WELL IT BETTER DOES)

So I still need some help.

That's unfortunate, though on the bright side purchasing through Steam is setting you back less than $2, so it's no great loss.

Okay, two questions for everyone:

1. If I've never played a Tom Clancy game, which one would be the best to buy out of the franchise that's on sale right now?

2. What kind of strategy game is Dawn of War II? Is the franchise bundle worth $10?

baconcow

1. If I've never played a Tom Clancy game, which one would be the best to buy out of the franchise that's on sale right now?

2. What kind of strategy game is Dawn of War II? Is the franchise bundle worth $10?

1)
[1] Rainbow Six 3 Gold
[2] Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
[3] Rainbow Six: Vegas
[4] Splinter Cell

2) Yes. Check out some reviews on it. I bought it all but Retribution for $7.50. The first game and first 2 expansions for it are also awesome. It is an RTS that is more squad focused.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

1- Def buy Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. If you want a tactical squad game, Rainbow Six 3. A good action squad shooter, Vegas.

2- No idea.

kswiston

1. I am not the one to answer that.

2. Dawn of War 2 is a real time strategy game that focuses on a small team of hero units (and their subordinates) rather than large armies of generic units. It's sort of similar to Warcraft 3 in some respects. Your heroes have rpg-like leveling systems, but the gameplay takes place on a series of rts maps.

I would say it is worth $10 (I paid more for each piece separately over the years), but it depends if you like the genre.

Rikkun

Hotline Miami didn't win?! :(

Yeah, I was quite sure it would've easily win, I'll have to wait
LLShC.gif

Cool, I'll give it a shot.

Dark souls isn't redeemable on steam though right? Being gfwl.
Steam account and Games for Windows Live required for game activation and installation on the page.
What do you think about Origin? I would rather avoid having to get multiple services like steam.
Nice hats by the way.
Thanks. Got free games from Origin, but I bought nothing from them. I still stick to either DRM free or Steam.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Didn't work. Like I said, both of my credit cards act funny sometimes. At least with paypal I can use Giropay. (WELL IT BETTER DOES)

So I still need some help.

// or I will try it later with a third credit card

Check your PMs.

The sale has been complete bust for me. I already own most of the must have pc games. Does anyone feel the same way? Sad thing is that I probably haven't played even 25% of my steam backlog.

1)
[1] Rainbow Six 3 Gold
[2] Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
[3] Rainbow Six: Vegas
[4] Splinter Cell

2) Yes. Check out some reviews on it. I bought it all but Retribution for $7.50. The first game and first 2 expansions for it are also awesome. It is an RTS that is more squad focused.

1- Def buy Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. If you want a tactical squad game, Rainbow Six 3. A good action squad shooter, Vegas.

2- No idea.

1. I am not the one to answer that.

2. Dawn of War 2 is a real time strategy game that focuses on a small team of hero units (and their subordinates) rather than large armies of generic units. It's sort of similar to Warcraft 3 in some respects. Your heroes have rpg-like leveling systems, but the gameplay takes place on a series of rts maps.

I would say it is worth $10 (I paid more for each piece separately over the years), but it depends if you like the genre.

Thanks for all the input. I'm partial to Rainbow Six because I loved the book and was eyeing Vegas, but I know there's a lot of clunkers in the Tom Clancy franchise. I'll probably pick up Vegas and Chaos Theory, maybe Rainbow Six 3 as well.

As for Dawn of War II, I'll probably pick that up as well since I prefer squad based stuff to RTSes like Starcraft and Age of Empires where there's a lot of micromanaging.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for all the input. I'm partial to Rainbow Six because I loved the book and was eyeing Vegas, but I know there's a lot of clunkers in the Tom Clancy franchise. I'll probably pick up Vegas and Chaos Theory, maybe Rainbow Six 3 as well.

As for Dawn of War II, I'll probably pick that up as well since I prefer squad based stuff to RTSes like Starcraft and Age of Empires where there's a lot of micromanaging.

Thanks again for the help.

I enjoyed playing TC:RS Vegas 2 with people online. Even better when everyone has a mic and you actually use tactics.

How does GMG work for someone who wants to be gifted a key? Sleeping Dogs is at a great price, but I don't have enough money in the bank atm to buy it. My steam wallet has enough, but Sleeping Dogs is not discounted on Steam heavily yet. I was thinking of asking my cousin to buy it for me and give me the key since he owes me $60 anyway. Can that be done just fine? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm used to buying these games with my own wallet or card and if I ever get a gift game it is directly through steam, not a key from another website.
This is an easy Community Choice vote, there are only 2 choices. Deponia is 66% for the remainder of the Steam sale, so choosing it to remain at 66% would be pointless.
Oh Jeez

I've been conditioned to look at flash sale percentages over prices, it seems. Yeah, this becomes a muuuuuuuuuch easier choice after looking at the price for Deponia. Nothing changes there. TWD it is. I'm pretty sure it would have won out even if Deponia had been discounted to 80% off.

BadAss2961

The sale has been complete bust for me. I already own most of the must have pc games. Does anyone feel the same way? Sad thing is that I probably haven't played even 25% of my steam backlog.
This time comes for all of us. It's not the sale, it's you. Other than recently released games that are still near full price, you have all the games you want.

For every one of us, there's someone out there with not many games, completely overwhelmed by all the deals.

For every one of us, there's someone out there with not many games, completely overwhelmed by all the deals.

I don't think so, not unless they are too lazy to check Amazon(at the least) before pressing the buy button.

That argument isn't really valid anymore because these deals aren't 80%+ and therefore not all that great.

baconcow

Yeah, I was quite sure it would've easily win, I'll have to wait
LLShC.gif

Hotline Miami, for the hardcore savists, is one of those games that might end up really cheap or free in January on Amazon if you have the $5 off promotional code. At worst, the game will be $5, at best, free.

Minion101

Banned

I bought The Sims 3 and an xpac because I had everything. Instant buyers remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom