• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed The Walking Dead was up for Community Vote and checked its price and could have sworn it was listed as 50% off (like the Telltale pack) but seems now it's only 25%, can anyone confirm or deny?

You actually thought Deponia or the other game had a chance compared to TWD?

It was as sure as the sun rising this morning :p

That was an easy choice. TWD is one of the most popular games of the year and is going to be the run away GOTY. It doesn't count :p
Don't bring me down, here! I've been at a complete loss to predict the results lately. I must either be extremely out of touch with today's average steam user or Valve is pulling some strings behind the curtains. I think we all know what the answer to that is...

atomsk

Party Pooper
could have sworn I saw the flash deals change over and it was Dragon Age Ultimate, Stalker Pack and something else, but now it says 2 minutes remain till they change

dreamfall

Voted for Deadlight , as I already had TWD. I've got every vote wrong thus far!

I'm picking Bastion- don't have it on PC! New Flash deals are so soon!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Don't bring me down, here! I've been at a complete loss to predict the results lately. I must either be extremely out of touch with today's average steam user or Valve is pulling some strings behind the curtains. I think we all know what the answer to that is...

No. If I'm sad my game didn't win, everyone else around me has to be sad too.

jet1911

I was just about to mention this. Pick this up ASAP people. There is 0 reason to hold off on it anymore. Durante has a great fix for HD graphics and supposedly it is close to 60 FPS now.

Haha I had a promo code I did not know about. 5.43$ for Dark Soul is a fair price I think lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No DragonAge in my region. Bummer.

Will debate with myself if I really want it (cuz I kinda do) and will ask for help if needed.

LuuKyK

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for $7.50? Damn, already have it on Origin!

Where? I don't see it.

Edit: Oh its the region blocked one. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That feel when Deponia doesn't win the vote :(

image.php

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Question about Space Marine. It looks like it'll be $7.50 for the pack with all the DLC. Is the DLC actually worth while? I think it's all multiplayer skins, items, map packs, and I never really heard any buzz about the multiplayer. At this point, I think it'd be fairly easy to hunt down a cheap key from the Medley bundle, so I'm wondering if that's a better alternative. My problem there might be a lack of paypal though. Hmm.

And speaking of hidden deals, I will take this moment to suggest Dungeons of Dredmore for $2.50. Mostly because their next game sounds amazing, but also because I find the achievements in Dredmore to be funny.

Ugh... DA:O is a nice deal but I'm starting to get way too conservative about what I get... I have $38 in Steam credit left but I know I want to get The Walking Dead, Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 and Devil May Cry 4 still yet. So I dunno.

Volcynika

Question about Space Marine. It looks like it'll be $7.50 for the pack with all the DLC. Is the DLC actually worth while? I think it's all multiplayer skins, items, map packs, and I never really heard any buzz about the multiplayer. At this point, I think it'd be fairly easy to hunt down a cheap key from the Medley bundle, so I'm wondering if that's a better alternative. My problem there might be a lack of paypal though. Hmm.

And speaking of hidden deals, I will take this moment to suggest Dungeons of Dredmore for $2.50. Mostly because their next game sounds amazing, but also because I find the achievements in Dredmore to be funny.

I found the multiplayer to be kinda neat, but I'm not sure of its population currently. I enjoyed the single player well enough.

dreamfall

Don't do it man, I know that feeling but don't give in!

Hold. H-O-L-D! Jesus, I would've pulled the trigger way back when, but in some ways I like having all my EA titles in one place. It's frustrating that they've got their own digital service, but some of the deals are great too.

That said, I'm kind of hoping for some crazy Dead Space Steam collection to go up!

Torraz

Ugh... DA:O is a nice deal but I'm starting to get way too conservative about what I get... I have $38 in Steam credit left but I know I want to get The Walking Dead, Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 and Devil May Cry 4 still yet. So I dunno.

DMC 4 is around 2.5 euro at GMG (steamredeemable) fyi.

----

Hoping for The Secret World and Exceed deals :|.

DMC 4 is around 2.5 euro at GMG (steamredeemable) fyi.

All I can do is Steam credit for the time being-- but thanks for the heads up regardless.

edit: like I said a few pages back about Dark Souls-- if someone is willing to get me DMC4 from GMG, I will gladly gift that person something for equal value on Steam.

LQX

Idiots, Walking Dead would have most likely gone on sale anyway and from multiple places. Deadlight should have been the obvious choice.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have Dragon Age on Origin. I want it on Steam, I know I will never play it unless I get it on steam :/

If you have Dragon Age on Origin, you already have it assigned to your EA profile. So, technically, you could give your Steam copy's serial number to somebody else so they could register on their Origin account.

Maybe you could use that to justify it being a gift for somebody else. Just use your Origin serial number if it ever asks it during the initial setup (and I don't think it does).

Mikor

I kind of want Tower Wars... not sure yet.

It's a lot of fun, but it suffers from a bad case of snowballing, which is an issue with the way the core game is designed. If you have friends to play with that dont mind "sitting through a loss" (it becomes apparently early who's going to win, such is the nature of Tower Defense), it's great fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom