• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
I want MORE of a discount on The Walking Dead than just 50%

The game is that good, that you wont regret paying that. Seriously, At least I feel that way.

I regret not paying full price TBH.

Yeah I noticed that too, feeling tempted to get it at $10 but man if it doesn't work on Windows 7 >_<

For those looking for it:
Onimusha 3 on Steam

HOLY SHIT. Price is a bit high on that, for as old as the game it, though.

Shoogoo

Tony announced a lot of amazing deals on Amazon, I lost the count!

Do you need a valid US adress to buy steam keys on amazon?

Madouu

In the US it's $8.74 for the bundle and $8.73 individually. Must be something wrong with the pricing.

This is probably because of the loyalty promo. You probably already have Clear Sky or Shadow Of Chernobyl (just like me) which gives you a 75% discount on Call Of Pripyat. Else, I think it's a 50% discount for COP alone which should push the indivual prices for the two games over the bundle.

Volcynika

This is probably because of the loyalty promo. You probably already have Clear Sky or Shadow Of Chernobyl (just like me) which gives you a 75% discount on Call Of Pripyat. Else, I think it's a 50% discount for COP alone which should push the indivual prices for the two games over the bundle.

Hm. I went to the Steam store on a browser (not being logged in) and it's still showing 75% discount for both games (which puts it at $8.73).

Does it matter that I haven't watched the TV series or read any of the comic books, when it comes The Walking Dead? Would I still enjoy it all the same?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it just me or are there less deals this year? 6 games on sale, a day, seems kind of underwhelming.

The Daily Deal count has been halved, but that's more or less made up for by the six Flash Sales and the Community's Choice game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is it just me or are there less deals this year? 6 games on sale, a day, seems kind of underwhelming.

Yes, there are less deals per day (6 as opposed to 8)

However, the sale ends on the fourth of January. It started on the 20th. That's 16 days of sales.

96 individual deals not counting the flash deals or the community votes which, yes, repeat.

Still. Pretty good if you ask me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, there are less deals per day (6 as opposed to 8)

However, the sale ends on the fourth of January. It started on the 20th. That's 16 days of sales.

96 individual deals not counting the flash deals or the community votes which, yes, repeat.

Still. Pretty good if you ask me.

Last year's Christmas/Winter Sale (which is what I assume he was indirectly referring to) had 12 Dailies.

Finally caught up with the thread again. Amazon and GMG are really bringing the heat this year. Today's daily is just no good on Steam. Their flash sales, indie section and random hidden deals feel better than the daily deals.
I want MORE of a discount on The Walking Dead than just 50%
You and me both, brother. TWD, Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight sure are taking their sweet time getting to dat 66% off. At least TWD is getting decent discounts...

Crap, I almost forgot to get F.E.A.R. I'd be on the fence about it, but I finally made up my mind and bought it. As for Walking Dead, I think I'll get it, even at only 50% it's a good deal, and I don't feel like waiting it out for a better day (it'll probably be £5 somewhere tomorrow). Also, really want to listen to the bombcast GOTY deliberations, and I imagine that will be incredibly spoilerific, plus I just want to play it and catch up on the neogaf spoiler thread.

legacyzero

Banned
Crap, I almost forgot to get F.E.A.R. I'd be on the fence about it, but I finally made up my mind and bought it. As for Walking Dead, I think I'll get it, even at only 50% it's a good deal, and I don't feel like waiting it out for a better day (it'll probably be £5 somewhere tomorrow). Also, really want to listen to the bombcast GOTY deliberations, and I imagine that will be incredibly spoilerific, plus I just want to play it and catch up on the neogaf spoiler thread.

Collectively, FEAR is great. The sequels dont live up to how good the first one is though, IMO.

I've only spent $3... this is pretty lackluster.

Count yourself lucky, it's incredible the amount of damage you can do when this is essentially your first proper sale. I'm basically building my library from scratch, and every offer is insanely tempting. I'm trying hard not to blow through my entire steam wallet before the first week is over.

Collectively, FEAR is great. The sequels dont live up to how good the first one is though, IMO.

It's a good price, and even if the sequels disappoint, I just want to play something that attempts to do things a little differently in a genre that's over saturated with the same ideas over and over again.

legacyzero

Banned
It's a good price, and even if the sequels disappoint, I just want to play something that attempts to do things a little differently in a genre that's over saturated with the same ideas over and over again.

Tell me you snagged Condemned: Criminal Origins for $5 yesterday. It's better than Fear, to me at least.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My full recommendation goes to Lone Survivor for those who don't have it. A great little gem that does great with psychological horror, not reliant on jump scares and has a great atmosphere. If you like Older Silent Hill you need this game. Also the game was almost single-handily made by Jasper Byrne, who tackled the graphics, music, programming, design, etc., and is a really great and friendly guy.

Footos22

This is my first Steam sale.../greenman gaming
everything is so tempting.

halp!

bought already:
batman aa
Devil May Cry 4
Fear...is their a widescreen patch?
Sleeping dogs
all the warhammer dawn of wars
sim city

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just bought The Walking Dead on steam for only 12,49€!

Let's see where all this praise is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom