• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double

Just bought The Walking Dead, but it doesn't start up (Windows 8 Pro). Any solutions? Known problems running on Windows 8?
You use an xbox controller?

Friend of mine just had that issue, found a fix on the forums:

"Solution! Game won't run if you use Xbox360 Controller and Windows 8. Download file dinput8.dll from this post on TellTale forum and put it in game folder (SteamApps\common\The Walking Dead). This will help you."

I don't know if these deals suck or I just already own too many of the good games.

Meh Daily Deals but Walking Dead as the voted for deal saves the day! I played through Walking dead and it was cool. Other than Chapter 2 which I found kinda over-the-top silly like a bad Twilight Zone episode, it was great writing and enjoyable story telling.

I live in Israel, but I don't see how could they let me pay for this if they are actively blocking the keys from my region.

Can someone who got the bundle as a pending payment confirm that they can see the games list?
Here you go:
rvq1U.png

Wow, that was fast. I got the order confirmation.
cEu3p.png

zfCA1.png

M.D

I don't think it has to do with your region, I think they just removed the content of the pack until they get new keys. The product page even lists "No products available in your region" for me, and your purchase went through after they did that.

When did you buy the bundle? The thing is, if you bought it before they gave the notice about keys, I'd like to know about someone else who bought it after they took it down and if they see the list like the image you posted earlier, or they don't have the list like me

Here you go:
rvq1U.png

So you bought the bundle AFTER they took it down, as a pending payment in you're order list? if that's the case, I think that it is locked in my region since I don't see anything like that, just the bundle itself

When did you buy the bundle? The thing is, if you bought it before they gave the notice about keys, I'd like to know about someone else who bought it after they took it down and if they see the list like the image you posted earlier, or they don't have the list like me

You should just contact support and ask. I don't think we can really help you with this. But I wouldn't worry, either you get your games in Jan or you get your money back. They wont scam you.

ShaneB

How much of a grind are we looking at in Chivalry?

No grind. You pick a weapon and start kicking ass.... and dying lots too. But it's damn fun!

edit: I asked earlier about buying Xcom from Gamefly for a friend, but I can't since I already bought it from there awhile ago. Can anyone help me out? It doesn't bring up any gift option since it just says I can't buy it again.

I find it funny that I've not purchased a single game on Steam itself yet this Christmas. All I've got is FTL from its official page (which did include a Steam key), and the Groupees bundle (for La-Mulana), which is Desura.

You can pay for some games with blue coins. Sometimes even partially I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to be able to cover the entire cost with your blue coins. I've never been given the option to use my coins to cover a portion of the cost. Although you can get around this by just purchasing additional blue coins ($1 = 1000 coins).

Speaking of GG, I've got these keys remaining from the Bethesda bundle, so if anyone wants them, help yourself (Quote to see them):

Rogue Warrior

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Brink Complete

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to be able to cover the entire cost with your blue coins. I've never been given the option to use my coins to cover a portion of the cost. Although you can get around this by just purchasing additional blue coins ($1 = 1000 coins).

Speaking of GG, I've got these keys remaining from the Bethesda bundle, so if anyone wants them, help yourself (Quote to see them):

Rogue Warrior

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Brink Complete

All taken, but thanks!

M.D

You should just contact support and ask. I don't think we can really help you with this. But I wouldn't worry, either you get your games in Jan or you get your money back. They wont scam you.

http://www.gamersgate.com/supportcenter/

Right now it gives an error , I will contact them as soon as I can
It really makes no sense to me that they would not mention the bundle is locked in my region, especially when I'm logged into my account that is registered to my country.
I even looked at individual games like Dishonored and Skyrim, but it makes no mention of region-locking.

A reminder of Hidden Deals, sometimes I think these are the only deals.

It really makes no sense to me that they would not mention the bundle is locked in my region, especially when I'm logged into my account that is registered to my country.
I even looked at individual games like Dishonored and Skyrim, but it makes no mention of region-locking.

Try them on twitter too. Public questions gets quicker answers.

There are weapon unlocks aren't there?

25 kill with same weapon gives you a new one.

1lwHs.png

As I said before, the bundle is now saying that there is no content for my region as well, even though it didn't before. I'd almost guarantee you that you will get your keys and it's just the way their system is set up right now, nothing to do with your region. Just be patient and dont worry.

ShaneB

There are weapon unlocks aren't there?

Yes there are, but I've never found it so much as a progression unlock. The weapons you can start with are perfectly fine killing weapons. Each have varying stats, speed, damage, range, and while a level 3 weapon might have crazy damage, it will be terribly slow, etc. It's balanced very well.

Havent found anything of interest yet... The deal for Anno 2070 made me check it out and order a collectors edition from a nearby store for 127 sek though (about 14€) :)

Edit: Out of curiosity, how much "bigger" is Portal 2 compared to Portal 1? The first one burned me kind of bad, so I havent even bothered to check the second one out. Not sure if I want to buy another game on a sale that I wont play.

What do you mean you got burned by Portal 1? Portal 2 is about 3 times the length of Portal 1, beautiful, has a much better story and fantastic voice acting, but unfortunately is a little easier.

Also, portal 2 is Steamworks and has about a billion user made maps.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
No to what? We were mashing buttons in M&B. There wasn't a real disadvantage of swinging, it was too fast. And using mouse to form your attack wasn't working properly. Chivalry fixed those issues. Sword fight is enjoyable now, not a who pressed it first game.

This is absolutely not true. At all. You can get away with mashing against another masher but someone who knows what they are doing well kill you every single time. It is actually MUCH easier to expose a masher in M&B than it is in Chivalry because of how blocking works.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What do you mean you got burned by Portal 1? Portal 2 is about 3 times the length of Portal 1, beautiful, has a much better story and fantastic voice acting, but unfortunately is a little easier.

Also, portal 2 is Steamworks and has about a billion user made maps.

Are the user maps a hassle to download and play or is the process pretty simple?

1lwHs.png

As I said before, the bundle is now saying that there is no content for my region as well, even though it didn't before. I'd almost guarantee you that you will get your keys and it's just the way their system is set up right now, nothing to do with your region. Just be patient and dont worry.

I wouldn't give that guarantee, they probably removed those items to stop confusion. The keys, or at least request for them is still there.
Check my earlier post.

ShaneB

How long (a rough guess is fine obviously) does it take to unlock all the weapons?

I have no idea. They're unlocked based on kills, so however long it takes you to get all those kills :p

And besides, play the game because it's so damn fun, not because you want stuff to unlock!:p

M.D

A reminder of Hidden Deals, sometimes I think these are the only deals.

Try them on twitter too. Public questions gets quicker answers.

25 kill with same weapon gives you a new one.

1lwHs.png

Thanks to both of you. I'm not really worried, just hoping I will still get this awesome deal.
I will contact them when it's possible. if they are region locked, I'll just ask for a refund.

I have no idea. They're unlocked based on kills, so however long it takes you to get all those kills

Well, do you have everything unlocked? What's your Steam time played at? I understand this isn't going to be super accurate, but I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea here.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
1lwHs.png

Yeah, says it for me too and my purchase was processed and my games show up in my game list. It probably just says "not available for your region" for everyone until they get new codes and start selling it again.

KPJZKC

No to what? We were mashing buttons in M&B. There wasn't a real disadvantage of swinging, it was too fast. And using mouse to form your attack wasn't working properly. Chivalry fixed those issues. Sword fight is enjoyable now, not a who pressed it first game.

Where is your national pride Mavro? :p

Serious response though, that's not how combat in M&B works at all. If you run around swinging wildly at somebody who's been playing the game for longer than a few hours then he'll just parry your attack and bugger you.

ShaneB

Well, do you have everything unlocked? What's your Steam time played at? I understand this isn't going to be super accurate, but I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea here.

I don't have everything unlocked. My time played shows 31 hours.

It's value in FUN is worth 10x what the sale price is.

Where is your national pride Mavro? :p

Serious response though, that's not how combat in M&B works at all. If you run around swinging wildly at somebody who's been playing the game at all then he'll just parry your attack and bugger you.

To put it honestly, I was actually dying a lot in Mount and Blade. But what I meant is if you swing endlessly in Chivalry you'll get nothing or worse, kill your teammates. If you swing madly in M&B you are more likely to kill than die. Or at least in my experience.

For my national pride, I bought M&B and convinced anyone around me to buy it. That should do it. I'll probably get M&B 2 if it ever get released.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So excited for tomorrow... Walking Dead ♥

Merry Xmas, everyone!

Echoplx

Why are you so obsessed with this? It's not cod, unlocks mean very little overall, I get just as many kills with the base weapons as I do with the unlocked ones, just play the damn game!

Are the user maps a hassle to download and play or is the process pretty simple?

It's pretty much as simple as possible. You can navigate to look at user made maps right from the Portal 2 menu, then just choose which ones you want to download and you are ready to go. The file sizes must be really small too because the downloads are almost immediate from what i remember.

I don't have everything unlocked. My time played shows 31 hours.

Alright, should be my last question. Roughly how much have you unlocked? 50%, 75%, 33% etc. Again, rough idea is all I'm looking for, thanks!

Why are you so obsessed with this? It's not cod, unlocks mean very little overall, I get just as many kills with the base weapons as I do with the unlocked ones, just play the damn game!

Not really the thread for that discussion, but shoot me a PM if you're really curious.

ShaneB

Alright, should be my last question. Roughly how much have you unlocked? 50%, 75%, 33% etc. Again, rough idea is all I'm looking for, thanks!

I have no idea. Maybe 50% of the weapons? Just listen to what 3chopl0x said :p Just play it and enjoy it because it's so damn fun. edit: my apologies if i'm missing something as you mentioned you'd take it to PM if need be.

Keep in the mind that the developers are strong believers in continuously adding free content, including weapons, maps, modes, etc etc, and eventually it will be open to mods.

Maybe because he enjoys playing games where he has all the stuff unlocked at the start, and doesn't get locked behind a progression wall that he isn't willing to spend the time crossing to get a weapon he likes. It's really pretty simple.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bastion Soundtrack Edition

-50% 11,99€

Previously 23,08€

Seriously?

KPJZKC

To put it honestly, I was actually dying a lot in Mount and Blade. But what I meant is if you swing endlessly in Chivalry you'll get nothing or worse, kill your teammates. If you swing madly in M&B you are more likely to kill than die. Or at least in my experience.

For my national pride, I bought M&B and convinced anyone around me to buy it. That should do it. I'll probably get M&B 2 if it ever get released.

I'll take your word for it and give Chivalry a try when I'm finally out from behind a campus firewall. Admittedly I had my own problems with M&W multiplayer, I found even the slightest amount of lag or high ping and everything started to go to shit!

Fingers crossed about M&B2 though, they've been working on it for long enough (and the company is pretty huge now compared to what it was during Warband).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom