• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Anno 2070 players - is the Complete pack (£24.99) worth it over the base game (£11.99)? The Deep Ocean expansion is £9.99 on its own, so if that's good then the pack seems a good deal.

So the Stalker bundle only includes two games and it is still cheaper to buy those two games individually. Who was the moron who set that one up?

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks to people who answered. I'm really wishing The Secret World goes on sale for $10 and I know for a fact that the game's not available in Argieland...

M.D

There is Shelf on right or left side of GamersGate.

I'm in the Bethesda collection page, under game summary it gives me the notice about keys not being available, but it also says above

"
THIS BUNDLE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS

No products available in your region"

This is not what I think it is, right? I didn't just buy a bundle I have no access to?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm in the Bethesda collection page, under game summary it gives me the notice about keys not being available, but it also says above

"

This is not what I think it is, right? I didn't just buy a bundle I have no access to?

AFAIK, they ran out of keys. Might be getting them again in mid-Jan. Otherwise, they will refund you the money if you want.

M.D

AFAIK, they ran out of keys. Might be getting them again in mid-Jan. Otherwise, they will refund you the money if you want.

I know, I'm just wondering why it mentions "my region"
It's doesn't have anything to do with where I live, right?

"

Try this link. And select Show Serial Key.
Also where do you live?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam seems to hate Argentina, so let's do this thing again:

Daily deals are Carrier Command, Saints Row, Street Fighter, Anno, Chivalry and <blank>.

Fill in the blank for me please.

Also it's very weird to find Street Fighter being sold here, nice on Crapcom.
Portal franchise. You can see SSF4AE but not them? That's really strange!

"

On the left of the site, go to
My Library -> My Shelf -> All Games
you should see this.
1y8Du.png
The product page says the same for me, even though I bought the bundle and got all my keys.

M.D

Try this link. And select Show Serial Key.
Also where do you live?

It brings me to the same page I got into earlier, I can only select the Bethesda collection or "Volvo" the game, and there's no mention of getting serial keys in the Bethesda page

On the left of the site, go to
My Library -> My Shelf -> All Games
you should see this.

The product page says the same for me, even though I bought the bundle and got all my keys.

I only see the "Bethesda New Year Collection"

I'm assuming it should be under this

"

WTF? They did just let me pay for a bundle with keys that are no available in my region?

Belgorim

Havent found anything of interest yet... The deal for Anno 2070 made me check it out and order a collectors edition from a nearby store for 127 sek though (about 14&#8364;) :)

Edit: Out of curiosity, how much "bigger" is Portal 2 compared to Portal 1? The first one burned me kind of bad, so I havent even bothered to check the second one out. Not sure if I want to buy another game on a sale that I wont play.

Caerith

If you don't understand why people are disappointed in this year's Steam Sales, it's because you lack the perspective of history.

A year, maybe two years ago, they didn't have only 6 daily deals and recycled flash sales and vote sales. They had like 20 daily deals and crazy bundles and stuff. Like, there was the Majesty + Elven Legacy bundle for like $8, or getting crap like Jade Empire for less than they're selling it for now.

2011 was an especially good year with the summer camp tickets that highlighted lesser-known games and incentivized people to buy and try them. "Gee, this game is cheap so maybe I should buy it and try for that achievement" (2011) > "I've never heard of this game, will it be cheaper on Amazon?" (2012)

All the sales data I've analyzed shows that, apart from pricing errors (e.g. Bethesda pack), there is a strong correlation between meta-games and (impulse) sales.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
You guys think Duke Nukem Forever will be a daily deal? It's $10 right now.

kharma45

Anyone ever had issues with Steam where the text in the overlay and the pop-up where people sign in looks like it's at the wrong resolution?

I've also had issues today with huge performance drops in all my Steam games :S

For those who buy Dragon Age, here is the link for free DLCs.

It brings me to the same page I got into earlier, I can only select the Bethesda collection or "Volvo" the game, and there's no mention of getting serial keys in the Bethesda page

I only see the "Bethesda New Year Collection"

I'm assuming it should be under this

"

WTF? They did just let me pay for a bundle with keys that are no available in my region?

I'd get a refund if I were you. Where are you actually?

Heysoos

*sigh* I think I'm done buying oldish games from Steam sales. Only one of the Prince of Persia games works. The cell shaded one doesn't even launch, and the other freezes in the menu.

Grief.exe

If you don't understand why people are disappointed in this year's Steam Sales, it's because you lack the perspective of history.

A year, maybe two years ago, they didn't have only 6 daily deals and recycled flash sales and vote sales. They had like 20 daily deals and crazy bundles and stuff. Like, there was the Majesty + Elven Legacy bundle for like $8, or getting crap like Jade Empire for less than they're selling it for now.

2011 was an especially good year with the summer camp tickets that highlighted lesser-known games and incentivized people to buy and try them. "Gee, this game is cheap so maybe I should buy it and try for that achievement" (2011) > "I've never heard of this game, will it be cheaper on Amazon?" (2012)

All the sales data I've analyzed shows that, apart from pricing errors (e.g. Bethesda pack), there is a strong correlation between meta-games and (impulse) sales.

Yes everyone seemed to love the meta games, myself included.

I know it was probably a huge drain on valves servers and staff but I'm sure it was more than justified with the amount of impulse buys that occurred.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Edit: Out of curiosity, how much "bigger" is Portal 2 compared to Portal 1? The first one burned me kind of bad, so I havent even bothered to check the second one out. Not sure if I want to buy another game on a sale that I wont play.
Speaking of Portal 2... I really need to get to it ._.

Thanks man! &#9829; Crazy, but I love it

ibmZg81zs0WsFr.png

"

WAT :O

that can't be right...

No to what? We were mashing buttons in M&B. There wasn't a real disadvantage of swinging, it was too fast. And using mouse to form your attack wasn't working properly. Chivalry fixed those issues. Sword fight is enjoyable now, not a who pressed it first game.

Nabs

Chivalry is one of the best games of the year and was just released a month ago. Don't buy it if you hate fun.

Is there an alternative way to do overheads and stabs in Chivalry? I don't like scroll up and down for it, mapping it to keyboard would be weird, and while I could map it to my mouse's side buttons I think I heard that there was a way to use those attacks with movement + attack like Morrowind?

Grief.exe

*sigh* I think I'm done buying oldish games from Steam sales. Only one of the Prince of Persia games works. The cell shaded one doesn't even launch, and the other freezes in the menu.

Keep in mind a lot of older games don't play well with multi core/HT CPUs, x64, higher resolutions, etc.

Google is your friend here. There is always a fix or a patch.

Chivalry is one of the best games of the year and was just released a month ago. Don't buy it if you hate fun.

Well said.

Even my friends who only typically play skill based shooters are giggling like mad men, chopping heads off.

zkylon

zkylewd

I know it was probably a huge drain on valves servers and staff but I'm sure it was more than justified with the amount of impulse buys that occurred.
I do appreciate them not going so much for impulse sales.

I mean, that's pretty much bait for the weak of self-control.

I've still got an Nvidia code left over from my Black Friday escapades for anyone who might still be looking for Borderlands 2. I'm looking to get rid of it for $25 or so worth of Steam games.

Just mentioning it again since I'm really hoping to pick up some more of the titles that have caught my eye in the last couple of days.

Autofokus

Anno 2070 players - is the Complete pack (£24.99) worth it over the base game (£11.99)? The Deep Ocean expansion is £9.99 on its own, so if that's good then the pack seems a good deal.

I would say, just buy the base game for £7.99 at Gamefly.co.uk. It's Uplay, no matter if you buy it over steam or not, so no real loss there.

I live in Israel, but I don't see how could they let me pay for this if they are actively blocking the keys from my region.

Can someone who got the bundle as a pending payment confirm that they can see the games list?

I don't think it has to do with your region, I think they just removed the content of the pack until they get new keys. The product page even lists "No products available in your region" for me, and your purchase went through after they did that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I still don't understand why everybody gives gifts to Yoshi.

I remember Salsa receiving gifts, and most people would say it's a thanks for the Steam Sale threads he makes, but Yoshi? :D

I just would like to get free stuff too.. :D

Caerith

It can't be that big of a drain. Toma ran a
n awesome
meta game for summer sale and he has a full time job. I hope that, for 2013, Valve drops flash sales and community choice and instead gives us another summer camp.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Two questions:

1- On gamersgate, what the heck are blue coins for?
2- How is the Sleeping Dogs Nightware in North point DLC? Any DLC I should pick up for this game?

frozzted

Anyone else see Saints Row 3 appear in "Today's Deals" as the sixth deal, and then have it disappear? I didn't even refresh.

**Edit** Saints Row 3 is back, and now another game just disappeared. Lol Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Two questions:

1- On gamersgate, what the heck are blue coins for?
2- How is the Sleeping Dogs Nightware in North point DLC? Any DLC I should pick up for this game?

You can pay for some games with blue coins. Sometimes even partially I believe.

You people saying the deals are "disappearing". Are you sure the deal isn't just breaking down to the other line, like it is here:

N76ns.jpg

In that case, the sixth deal is behind the main deal window thing, just like dishonored is on the lower line on the "yesterday dailies" thing below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom