• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeededSleep

quick question, if i buy a collection pack, am i able to give away any of the games out of it as gifts to other people? or is it more i buy it and have to keep all the games in the pack?

just curious because i own 2 of the games on a pack deal but the rest look great for the price. THQ deal.. Wanted to give 2 of the games i own to other people.

quick question, if i buy a collection pack, am i able to give away any of the games out of it as gifts to other people? or is it more i buy it and have to keep all the games in the pack?

just curious because i own 2 of the games on a pack deal but the rest look great for the price. THQ deal.. Wanted to give 2 of the games i own to other people.

No, you can't. That's why nobody gets them and they are a bad idea. Change this already Garry!

Is it typical that you can't purchase a 4 pack of a game you already own or is it a mistake?

It's the norm. You can't get a 4 pack if you have the game. Get someone else to host it for you.

NeededSleep

No, you can't. That's why nobody gets them and they are a bad idea. Change this already Garry!

It's the norm. You can't get a 4 pack if you have the game. Get someone else to host it for you.

thanks for the quick response! was about to head out for quick xmas shopping this changes a few things.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love you [Mr Anonymous]!!

k1Bbr.gif
k1Bbr.gif
k1Bbr.gif
k1Bbr.gif

DZ0da.png

MutFox

Banned
I am saying this again and again but to get digital download games from Amazon, you can get a shipping address from Borderlinx. They'll ship any physical item to you if you get any.

What sucks is that it's just an Online Code,
no shipping required... :|

Doesn't the billing address have to match the billing info for the Credit Card?
I guess it would work for Pay Pal?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Between all the DD sales and bundles, people have become fucking entitled and spoilt. Now 2-3 bucks make the difference between somebody buying a great game or not buying it for another 6 months, sales are "the worst ever" because games barely released a couple weeks or months ago haven't yet gone down to a single digit price, all while what I'm sure is a large number of people already sit on Steam libraries of 200+ games of which they've maybe played 25% at most.
Congrats, you found the reason why some people would rather wait for better deals, instead of spending a couple of bucks more. I don't know why you sound so angry, though. It's not like it affects you in the slightest how other people choose to spend their money.

Cyrillus

I already own Chivalry, but I just tried buying a 4-pack so I could give copies to a few friends, and it won't let me choose "purchase as a gift" (or "purchase for myself" for that matter). Is this a limitation of 4-packs?

Volcynika

I already own Chivalry, but I just tried buying a 4-pack so I could give copies to a few friends, and it won't let me choose "purchase as a gift" (or "purchase for myself" for that matter). Is this a limitation of 4-packs?

You can't purchase a 4-pack of a game you already own. They're designed (unfortunately) that the purchaser has to receive a copy and then gives the other three out. I heard a while back they were going to change it, but not sure if that was true.

zkylon

zkylewd
Steam seems to hate Argentina, so let's do this thing again:

Daily deals are Carrier Command, Saints Row, Street Fighter, Anno, Chivalry and <blank>.

Fill in the blank for me please.

Also it's very weird to find Street Fighter being sold here, nice on Crapcom.

Volcynika

Congrats, you found the reason why some people would rather wait for better deals, instead of spending a couple of bucks more. I don't know why you sound so angry, though. It's not like it affects you in the slightest how other people choose to spend their money.

Having to comb through numerous posts of bitching probably affects him.

Gintoki

Daily deals are Carrier Command, Saints Row, Street Fighter, Anno, Chivalry and <blank>.

Portal 1 and 2 for $6.24

It's only showing 5 deals for everybody. I think they cycle though and you can see them all. Sixth deal is Portal franchise.

And want to thank Def Jukie for helping me out with Dark Souls! Thanks again man!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am curious. Did you save a bunch of babies or something. You are getting gifted hard.

I will make you pay I am going to gift you SO HARD it will make your head spin.
LOL I don't even know wtf is going on

edit: nevermind, I PMed you my name

M.D

Re-posting since no one answered

Got my paypal confirmation code, I'll buy the Bethesda bundle when I get home.

Just to make sure - They won't make any truoble cause I'm buying it today? I have it as a pending deal
Also, are the keys region locked or something? not sure how that works in steam. I live in Israel, but don't remember steam asking that when I made my account.

More aggressive competition happened.

kudos to them bringing it but i thought Valve would be a bit more on the ball for it (maybe not prices strictly but)

Monopole.

lol.

I guess i was expecting too much from them in something like this.

Might as well ask what happened to all the local stores in your neighborhood that Walmart forced out of business. Steam is privately owned and cant compete with the capital that a large publicly traded company can use to put pressure on a smaller company.

Sure people pay a lot of lip service to hating what Walmart did to smaller businesses, but they still shopped at Walmart and helped put those small companies out of business.

So Steam is the little guy now? I don't see it.

I'm sure if this was your first sale or two and there were no other competing DD outlets (or if they hadn't started issuing Steam keys more frequently) then you would be going crazy over the sales anyway.

So i should use hypotheticals to make this better then.

And its not just about the other guys but the games/deals themselves they are pushing out. There are games that you already have (which is understandable) or games that were not interesting before still not interesting after, plus some of these deals are not as desirable at the moment to me. Well there are a bunch of days left.

shaowebb

Portal Franchise?

What sucks is that it's just an Online Code,
no shipping required... :|

Doesn't the billing address have to match the billing info for the Credit Card?
I guess it would work for Pay Pal?

I just have a billing address. And I use a different address, my home address, for AWS or EC2. So I don't think they care about matching Credit Card as long as it is valid.

shaowebb

Just played some SSFIVAE on Steam and holy shit is this game better than on console for me. Online is firing full on with no problems unlike my 360 on Super Edition, crisp framerate, and I can tweak it to look better with my settings. Plus I know how to use unpackers and CG software so its MOD TIME BABY!

Happy times.

Yoshichan

A6gYw.png

lMr5j.png

Thanks again people!

You guys are the Christmas balls on my Christmas tree &#9829;

Are they random people or a steam sugar daddy?
I wouldn't say "random" since they are SteamGAFers. You're all my friends :3

Mihos

Gold Member
Does Chivalry have a campaign, or is it all online? I suck at online and don't want to jump in late when only hard core people are kicking my face in..

M.D

Okay, bought the Bethesda collection for 28$ (was pending since yesterday).
Where am I supposed to get the keys from? I know they won't be available till mid January, I just want to know where do I get them from?

Just played some SSFIVAE on Steam and holy shit is this game better than on console for me. Online is firing full on with no problems unlike my 360 on Super Edition, crisp framerate, and I can tweak it to look better with my settings. Plus I know how to use unpackers and CG software so its MOD TIME BABY!

Happy times.

Did they ever update SSF4 AE to 2012 edition on Steam?

Also yeah, the mods are AMAZING. I still remember F.Champ blowing people up with Volcano / Magma Dhalsim and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Where am I supposed to get the keys from? I know they won't be available till mid January, I just want to know where do I get them from?

There is Shelf on right or left side of GamersGate.

r3n4ud

Sign into your account, click all games, click on the game of your choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom