• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really interesting in the sale yet, except for maybe Portal 2. But I know it'll just add to my backlog.

Though I have around $170 in my Paypal account that I'm to lazy transferring over to my bank...

WisK

Neo Member
GMG has Devil May Cry 4 for much cheaper in the UK especially after using the coupon code. Its not region locked or anything, right? If not is anyone willing to snag me a code?

I'll take your word for it and give Chivalry a try when I'm finally out from behind a campus firewall. Admittedly I had my own problems with M&W multiplayer, I found even the slightest amount of lag or high ping and everything started to go to shit!

Fingers crossed about M&B2 though, they've been working on it for long enough (and the company is pretty huge now compared to what it was during Warband).

I wish Chivalry had the single player campaign of M&B Warband. That would make it greater.

M.D

I wouldn't give that guarantee, they probably removed those items to stop confusion. The keys, or at least request for them is still there.
Check my earlier post.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I just noticed something.

You posted your receipt earlier

cEu3p.png

I just noticed that in my receipt, it doesn't mention any of the games. It just shows " Bethesda New Year Collection" without mentioning any of the games below in the bundle like it does in yours. I believe this is why I can't see any of the games in my list.

This is really weird, I wonder why none of them shows up.
Could be really that they took them down (but you did buy your bundle after they took it down).

Sorry to bring this up again, but I just noticed something.

You posted your receipt earlier

cEu3p.png

I just noticed that in my receipt, it doesn't mention any of the games. It just shows " Bethesda New Year Collection" without mentioning any of the games below in the bundle like it does in yours. I believe this is why I can't see any of the games in my list.

This is really weird, I wonder why none of them shows up.
That is my thinking too. As I said, try Twitter and Support but if all fails you can go for a refund.
They may change it, you and I are generally in the same bag when it comes to regional locking. Not in USA nor EU but a mixture of two.

M.D

That is my thinking too. As I said, try Twitter and Support but if all fails you can go for a refund.
They may change it, you and I are generally in the same bag when it comes to regional locking. Not in USA nor EU but a mixture of two.

Yeah, I'll try support as soon as it works since I don't have a twitter account. I did manage to get the support email account from the PayPal receipt, but I'll just wait till the support page works.

Peagles

I see Carrier Command, Chivalry, SSFIVA, Portal, Saints Row, and Anno, what else is there today? Something region locked I'm guessing? Or is the top bar just showing 5 for everyone and it's those 6 on sale?

Edit: Hmmm yep it just seems to be leaving off one at random with each refresh, weird...

Grayman

Is the version of SF4 on sale compatible to the console and arcade version? or is it older and behind on mechanical changes?

I'd kill for the $2 Alpha Protocol to show back up. Adored it on 360. So want to play it on PC.

Sales usually repeat to their lowest point eventually. I think AP is "new enough" to still be in that rotation.

KarmaCow

Is it wrong that I'm waiting until January until they fix achievements before really getting into Chivalry? Going through that buggy tutorial and not getting the achievement really turned me off from the game. Well that wasn't the only reason, the buggy interface was more of a factor but still.

I said the same thing about VVVVVVVV and still haven't played it because achievements weren't patched in.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
To put it honestly, I was actually dying a lot in Mount and Blade. But what I meant is if you swing endlessly in Chivalry you'll get nothing or worse, kill your teammates. If you swing madly in M&B you are more likely to kill than die. Or at least in my experience.

For my national pride, I bought M&B and convinced anyone around me to buy it. That should do it. I'll probably get M&B 2 if it ever get released.

Trust me man, it doesn't work that way lol

I have over 100 hours played and would constantly get like a 15-1 kdr in games.

thought it was just a random daily
There might have been a time they did it as a daily, but I'm fairly certain it hit during a christmas sale.

Easily one of the best purchases I ever made on steam. I really hope they do it again, because I'd be willing to gift it to a few people.

frozzted

There might have been a time they did it as a daily, but I'm fairly certain it hit during a christmas sale.

Easily one of the best purchases I ever made on steam. I really hope they do it again, because I'd be willing to gift it to a few people.

Yeah, from September 22 to 27, 2011 it was $2. The lowest since then has been 75% off.

deroli

Critter Crunch is fucking gorgeous. <3

Yes, it's a blast. I bought it during the autumn sale and finished all the puzzles und challenges a week ago. A great concept and an even better execution. The presentation is super polished, the graphics are lovely and Biggs is just adorable! The only downside is that I could not participate in any online match, because there seem to be none? Maybe it's my PC though, I rarely play games online.

For less than 2 euros it's a steal! I almost feel like I robbed the devs because they deserve much more.

TheChits

Is the version of SF4 on sale compatible to the console and arcade version? or is it older and behind on mechanical changes?

Sales usually repeat to their lowest point eventually. I think AP is "new enough" to still be in that rotation.

It is the most recent version of the game, and the definitive version easily

Ah yes, the moment you charge into some unsuspecting enemy with your spear, or manage to fend off another and explode their head in the process. Chivalry is good times.

M.D

I just checked the FAQ, and it seems they know about the problem I have.

"If you have a pending order, and the game is missing on your account, but the payment was made, then you should contact support@gamersgate.com and your order will be checked out and corrected if it is necessary."

Sounds exactly like my problem. I sent them an email, hope they reply soon and fix my problem.

metalshade

I still don't understand why everybody gives gifts to Yoshi.

I remember Salsa receiving gifts, and most people would say it's a thanks for the Steam Sale threads he makes, but Yoshi? :D

I just would like to get free stuff too.. :D

At the start of the sale he made a post stating that he would play every single game sent to him, either to the point of conclusion, or suicide* (in the case of bad rats.)
So me and a bunch of others gifted him either nice things or crap, to test his resolve.
And there you have it, the recipe for instant free backlog.
*He actually said boredom, but if he fails to live up to his promise.......I will make it LOOK like suicide.

yeb

Anyone down for a SF4:AE 4-pack? I'll host.

1. yeb

Respond with a link to your steam profile, and I'll send you a pm.

Fucking Steam. Can't buy anything from Italy. Steam Wallet seems to only work in Austria. What a retarded thing to do. Even on the ass backwards eshop I can buy stuff from Italy with my Austrian account. Can't believe this is an issue.

Gonna miss most sales this year. Well they don't want my money, so fuck them.

mileS

I'm really tempted to get The Walking Dead but... all the talk about the save issues with the PC version is scaring me off a bit. Oh well... 6 hours to decide I guess

Looks like I'll be biting on Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition. Already finished it on consoles a few years back, but playing the superior PC version will probably be a whole different experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom