• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

I'm really tempted to get The Walking Dead but... all the talk about the save issues with the PC version is scaring me off a bit. Oh well... 6 hours to decide I guess
Somebody said as long as you play until the first actual checkpoint in the new episode, it works fine, it's people that exit as soon as the new episode starts that have the problem. So I've heard, anyway, I'm only about a half hour into it.

ksdixon

I wish every game came with a demo. If I were a console/steambox maker I would make it mandatory that the demos are released in the run-up to the game launch.

I want to try Anno 2070, and it's on -60% sale for £11.99, but I'm not going to bite at that price in case I don't like it at all. A demo would solve all my problems.

Nabs

I wish every game came with a demo. If I were a console/steambox maker I would make it mandatory that the demos are released in the run-up to the game launch.

I want to try Anno 2070, and it's on -60% sale for £11.99, but I'm not going to bite at that price in case I don't like it at all. A demo would solve all my problems.

I'm pretty sure there is an Anno demo. You may have to hit up google to find it.

I'm really tempted to get The Walking Dead but... all the talk about the save issues with the PC version is scaring me off a bit. Oh well... 6 hours to decide I guess
I never had the save issue, but I knew about it, so I backed up my save at the end of each chapter (just in case).

Get the game, it's awesome.

Always saw the words "Critter Crunch" but never knew what it was about...until now. Looks like a ton of fun. Need to get my hands on that along with Magical Drop V.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At the start of the sale he made a post stating that he would play every single game sent to him, either to the point of conclusion, or suicide* (in the case of bad rats.)
So me and a bunch of others gifted him either nice things or crap, to test his resolve.
And there you have it, the recipe for instant free backlog.
*He actually said boredom, but if he fails to live up to his promise.......I will make it LOOK like suicide.
SteamGAF is just very kind, that is all. Summer Sales, I did none of this "I will play all the games"-promise, yet people were super kind and gifted so much anyway. I take notice of those who likes me and those who do not :3

Is anyone making a list of the games on sale (daily deals, flash sales, community choice) so far? I don't follow how Magic 2013 is on Community Choice not long after being one of the daily deals.

Any chance of the original Shank to appear extra cheap somewhere? I have Shank 2 from the latest HIB and it feels very lonely in my backlog.

metalshade

SteamGAF is just very kind, that is all. Summer Sales, I did none of this "I will play all the games"-promise, yet people were super kind and gifted so much anyway. I take notice of those who likes me and those who do not :3

Guess I better be nice then! Don't want to go down in your black book as "metalshade01, gave me games that wouldn't even install."

Seriously though, seems like you will never need to spend your own money again lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm looking to get in on the Chivalry 4pack deal, anyone have a pack going?

Fucking Steam. Can't buy anything from Italy. Steam Wallet seems to only work in Austria. What a retarded thing to do. Even on the ass backwards eshop I can buy stuff from Italy with my Austrian account. Can't believe this is an issue.

Gonna miss most sales this year. Well they don't want my money, so fuck them.

I've heard of people having this problem with credit cards but not Steam wallet funds. In any event in the past people have contacted Steam support and gotten the restrictions lifted. Give it a try.

I've heard of people having this problem with credit cards but not Steam wallet funds. In any event in the past people have contacted Steam support and gotten the restrictions lifted. Give it a try.

I'm trying to get a solution with Steam support since yesterday, seems like a dead end more or less. Pretty pissed right now with Steam Support.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
At the start of the sale he made a post stating that he would play every single game sent to him, either to the point of conclusion, or suicide* (in the case of bad rats.)
So me and a bunch of others gifted him either nice things or crap, to test his resolve.
And there you have it, the recipe for instant free backlog.
*He actually said boredom, but if he fails to live up to his promise.......I will make it LOOK like suicide.
So it's THAT easy to convince people to give you free games? I'll give it a try: If someone gifts me anything, I'll take their dogs for a walk and make their beds for a week.

Got $5 left in my Steam Wallet, got pretty much all I need this Sale, what should I do with this five bucks? anything coming up in the following days that'll be worth it for five bucks?

What should I hold out for? Wish Saints Row: The Third was $4.99, instead of $7.50. Would've got that.

feel

Anyone down for a SF4:AE 4-pack? I'll host.

1. yeb

Respond with a link to your steam profile, and I'll send you a pm.
I'd be down for this. If you complete the group send me a PM and I'll send payment and my Steam id.

For the Steam veterans, if I had someone buy a Chivalry 4 pack, would they be able to email me the 3 additional keys? When they are emailed, they are in text key form right?

If anyone gifts me anything, I'll probably play it sometime. And you can't say fairer than that.

I expect the games to start flooding in any time now. I've purchased an extra 2tb drive in preparation for SteamGAF's generosity to come to my door.

metalshade

So it's THAT easy to convince people to give you free games? I'll give it a try: If someone gifts me anything, I'll take their dogs for a walk and make their beds for a week.

I got 2 cats, and I'm not sure my wife would appreciate the stranger who visits just to make the bed......
NO DEAL!

I just finally picked up The Witcher at the great price of $2.49. Withcer 2 is 11.99. At 60 percent off. Might wait and see if it its 75

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hadn't I gotten SSFIV: AE from PS+ I would've been all over that deal. Good to see Capcom finally taking part in these deals.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
For the Steam veterans, if I had someone buy a Chivalry 4 pack, would they be able to email me the 3 additional keys? When they are emailed, they are in text key form right?

No, they are gifts in your inventory. Like every other 4pack game on Steam.

He would have to gift them to you or your email.

No, they are gifts in your inventory. Like every other 4pack game on Steam.

He would have to gift them to you or your email.

Ok, so if they gifted the games via email, they wouldn't just be keys in my email? The idea is I want the keys to gift to other people but I can't buy the 4 pack myself because I already own it.

Petrie

Banned

I'll do all this for 2 weeks for anyone kind enough to grace me with free copies of sweet titles like Bad Rats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom