• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Double dipped on Binary Domain, I only rented the game when it came out. It was about time I bought it for my PC (and go through it once again).

I also gifted my friend BD for X-mas. He best enjoy Big Bo's Bo.

Lucifon

Got a real urge to play Fallout New Vegas again. Never did complete it on 360 (got pretty close I believe) and as a result never touched any DLC. Hoping the ultimate edition drops on Steam soon.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actually pretty good deals for Binary Domain and Mount & Blade, cheapest they've ever been I think.

And Killing Floor is amazing and prized well for those who haven't bought it. DLC, too. Bought the robot and golden weapons DLC.

how about you guys find us a youtube gameplay video that you think is a good example of why we should buy Binary Domain. Because I played the demo and I didnt really see a good reason to buy it.

Type2

I think I have a copy of last remnant to give away:
X4T9A-5388?-543NK
?=First letter of squares now moldy bread and butter franchise.

If the key doesn't work don't sue me :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
X4T9A-5388?-543NK

Thanks a lot!

Nymerio

Whelp, Binary Domain may be the first game I get during this sale. How long is this game? I'm not really playing anything right now, but I'm looking for something that's not too long.

Also, add me on steam: Splatbang, I can't bring myself to randomly add gaffers who may not even know me. But you can totally add me :)

Sadist

Yes Binary Domain! Was waiting for that bad boy.

Damage so far;

Devil May Cry 4 € 2,38
Jet Set Radio € 3,99
Dark Souls € 14 (Amazon but whatevs)
Binary Domain € 6,24

€ 26,61

My budget will hold :D

Kinyou

Good enough.
8111562-money-in-walltljqn.jpg

how about you guys find us a youtube gameplay video that you think is a good example of why we should buy Binary Domain. Because I played the demo and I didnt really see a good reason to buy it.
Afaik is the situation a little similar to Spec Ops the Line. The gameplay is rather mediocre but the story and characters are good. And since a good story in a shooter is so rare it stands out even more.

You rather experience games in lower resolution, with worse textures and lower framerate?

I see.
Hey don't judge me, I'm new to all this stuff ;)

And yeah my Xbox cable controller is broken so I'd have to play it with mouse and keyboard. But for 6$ it's worth a try

You rather experience games in lower resolution, with worse textures and lower framerate?

I see.

Don't be like that. Maybe he has a controller that he cant connect to his PC or he cant connect his PC to his TV or maybe he has a bad PC. There are plenty of reasons why he maybe would prefer that.

Necrovex

I see.

And without headphones! PC Gaming has spoiled me regarding audio now. Console gaming simply cannot cut it. :-(

I lack the funds and space, mostly the latter, to get surround sound for my console space.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
X4T9A-5388?-543NK

Darn, just beaten.

Also, does anyone know if it's cheaper to buy the complete Saints Row 3 pack or get mini bundles? I hate wasting an entire game since it won't give you an extra for buying it in the bundle.

arit

With it being -40% now, how are the chances Giana Sisters might get a flash/daily deal at -75%? I am tempted to just use the -30% code at gmg(where it is at -40% as well now).

Thinking of it, is it known how long gmg will offer the -30% code?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, Lone Survivor is really good and reminds me of Silent Hill 2. Which is an excellent thing. Sound design is top notch.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

It's a decent third person shooter. There's nothing special about how it handles or evolves. It's just that.

You can make your weapon stronger, which makes killing enemies much easier later in the game. At first, it seems the enemies take too many hits to die, but that's just because your weapon is not upgraded.

It has a nice story, a couple twists and lovable characters. It's all about the french robot.

Whelp, Binary Domain may be the first game I get during this sale. How long is this game? I'm not really playing anything right now, but I'm looking for something that's not too long.

I have 11 hours played, but i'd say it's more of an 8 hour game.

zkylon

zkylewd
What's so great about Binary Domain?
Fun story and characters and watching robots fall to pieces is very enjoyable. I don't think it holds that well for a second playthrough on hard difficulty, though. Something about the robots taking more bullets to fall apart just sucked all the enjoyment out of me, plus the first mission is pretty bad (not indicative of the awesome rest of the game).

Get Mount & Blade Warband, install Floris mod, and rule the world. No game would give you even half of the experience this will.
It's important to note that you should just buy Warband, not the whole pack. With Fire and Sword is fine, but Warband is so much better.

It's one of my favorite games of all times no doubt.

Nymerio

It's a decent third person shooter. There's nothing special about how it handles or evolves. It's just that.

You can make your weapon stronger, which makes killing enemies much easier later in the game. At first, it seems the enemies take too many hits to die, but that's just because your weapon is not upgraded.

It has a nice story, a couple twists and lovable characters. It's all about the french robot.

I have 11 hours played, but i'd say it's more of an 8 hour game.

Thanks, just pulled the trigger.

So far I've only gotten Binary Domain and the second Dungeons of Dredmor DLC. And the $0.99 Nexuiz from Amazon.

JLG-

Pick-ups so far:

Steam:
Chivalry
Binary Domain
Counter Strike GO

Bioshock 1 + 2 (amazon)
Hell yeah (amazon)

Skyrim (bought from a GAFer)

It's important to note that you should just buy Warband, not the whole pack. With Fire and Sword is fine, but Warband is so much better.

It's one of my favorite games of all times no doubt.

Yep, just Warband and maybe the Napoleonic Wars DLC for Warband. The rest isn't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom